Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Let's do a little Wednesday update!
I've wanted to make edibles for a while now, and after asking a lot of questions of a lot of you I finally did it! First I made the oil with 1 oz of decarbed Cinderella to 1 cup of EVOO. Then I made the gummy recipe following the tutorial suggested by @InTheShed. It was pretty simple, just took a little time.
PXL_20201116_135120569.jpg

I ended up with 3/4 cup of oil - probably could have gotten more with a vice thingy.
PXL_20201116_214426032.jpg

Then we mixed up a batch and squeezed it into a variety of mold sizes. I really need to scrub that sheet pan!
PXL_20201118_032011660.jpg

Then into the freezer they went until they popped out easily.
PXL_20201118_125104112.jpg

They taste pretty good, and I’ve had a mellow buzz all day from eating a few of them. It’s odd because it seems like I get a little buzz right after chewing them up and then the actual buzz kicks in very discreetly about 30-45 mins later. I still have 1/2 cup of the oil left so I’m going to get some testers for these and then make another batch accordingly. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you to all for giving me tips and advice up to this point....I’ll likely need a few more! :thanks:

I’ve been watching these little nuggets since Weds. Boy do I have a lot of dog hair in the house..:eek:. Then the boy showed up to spend a couple days! :love:. It's been a good week!
I was checking on the ladies as I usually do a few times a day, and it seems like there may be some foxtailing starting..
PXL_20201121_183614725.jpg
PXL_20201121_183605867.jpg
PXL_20201121_183559505.jpg
PXL_20201121_183554094.jpg

They were 10-12" from the light so I moved them down to 14-16" away. Otherwise, she seems to be doing just fine under the two SMDs. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! :ciao: :peace:
Edit: or should I have done the opposite? Lol.

Dunno about the opposite, but foxtails can also be genetic. With no other signs of light stress I think they were probably fine at that distance.
I moved her back to where she was after your response. I just don’t like foxtails. I admit it. I think they are ugly, and I don’t want them. Genetics. It’s like “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!” I’m trying to go there, and there are so many! I made a shopping cart wishlist today and accidentally “Ordered” a bunch of seeds from the Vault. Oops! I think I canceled it for now, but it is an order I will make in the next week...somewhere. I am struggling with what’s next. I knew what was next for this current grow, and I think more autos will be in the queue for the next grow(s), but planning for the Spring/Summer knowing what my climate is and only having a 2x4 tent is giving me seed block! Grrrrrrrrr! :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMO there's nothing wrong with some foxtailing anyhow. Harvesting becomes tricky in getting the time down since they want to pump out new pistils and you may never see amber trichs up high in the plant.
I know there isn’t, and I learned that here. I just don’t like the look of them. And I don’t want amber, ever (for me). To me, and this is pure conjecture, weed, and a little bourbon- it seems like when they foxtail the energy is spent at the top and perhaps the lowers that we worked so hard to include may suffer due to the extra energy focused on the top. Oh, and did I mention I think they are ugly? ULH will likely be harvested in phases, nothing wrong with that, and I have the time.... :laughtwo:

Ugh. I know. I have a stack of them that need
Cover with baking soda and spray H202 on them. Let them sit 12-24 hrs. Cover if you have to with plastic wrap.
The funk should scrape off easily.
. I just don’t like foxtails. I admit it.
You prolly don't want to see pics of my GG4 then. She went crazy nuts with the foxtails. You'd be disgusted. :laughtwo:

Interesting! How would I know if I have to cover them?
Dependant on how fast it's drying out.
Some folks have higher rh in their homes. I usually had to wrap them. It's pretty dry here.

Happy Monday all! :ciao:I can't believe we are rounding the corner to December. Yoikes! I've been hanging out with the girls this morning and thought I'd do a little update. My Fall into Winter plan had been to grow three autos and hopefully harvest them all around Christmas time. That plan didn't include an auto that vegged for 41 days (not complaining)! So let's look at her first.
PXL_20201123_153503142.jpg

It is hard to believe that Zkittlez has only been flowering for 17 days. Her tallest nodes are at 3 feet now. She's gonna need stakes soon. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20201123_153439133.jpg

I will never master that Sauga look thingy.
Berry Ryder has been in flower for 33 days now. Her tallest nodes are almost 3 feet but her buds are not as bulky as Z's are.
PXL_20201123_153517526.jpg

Her pistils are also different from what I've seen before. They are very thick and very white, and more curly and stout.
PXL_20201123_153536591.jpg

BR pistils.
PXL_20201123_153545392.jpg

Z pistils.
Here they are in the tent - it's getting a little tight in there.
PXL_20201123_153414216.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for stopping by! :kisstwo:

Back
Top Bottom