Booja Buds

It's day 61 of flower, yesterday was raining/snowing all day with high winds. Without the shed it would have been a tough day. The little 250 watt heater is trying to keep up. It was 31 outside this morning but 56 in the shed.

I picked up a small jewelers magnifying glass today and the small dorm fridge will come into the house so I can prep for a low and slow dry. Looking with the 30x I still have white trichomes, nothing turning brownish yet. The buds are really starting to puff up and the smell is getting better.

That little 250 watt heater surprises me. Its 29 degrees outside this morning and the shed is 51. I know a little heat is coming off the lights but they are smaller LED and dont put out much.

Its tempting to try a winter grow in the shed but it would be a bear to clear snow to it. It pretty much get buried, in part to the discharge from the blower when clearing the driveway. I'll probably just sacrafice a bag seed on a whimsical experiment in the garage.

The little 30x lens reveals almost nothing but white tricomes. Some guides say harvest, some suggest waiting for a few to amber up. The goofy thing is on many buds the hairs are still straight and white. I still think they have a ways to go and was guessing mid November for the Pineapple Haze?
20191017_202210.jpg
20191017_202204.jpg
20191017_202134.jpg
20191017_202210.jpg
20191017_202204.jpg
20191017_202134.jpg
20191017_202127.jpg

Well it's day 76 of flower and all but one gets the chop tonight after work. The lone survivor is running a tad behind for some reason and "might" get a reprieve for another day or so.

I look over the plants really well every time I water. Last night I found 2 popcorn buds with the beginning of bud rot, both on the same plant. I cut the buds off and trimmed out the rot, which was very minor. I wonder if increased temps from the heaters didn't play with the humidity levels (rain and threat of snow) to facilitate the beginning of rot?

What I did get from cutting off those two buds, was better lighting and a better look at the trichomes. The trichomes have all been white for a couple of weeks but they are making the change to amber. My guess is old man eyes and the 30x just weren't cutting it and they have been progressing all along. Currently they are pushing roughly 20% amber.

It makes me nervous as hell, but I'm going to wash them and slow dry in the mini fridge. Bravada packs should be here today but I screwed up and forgot the little humidity sensors. I'll have to Amazon prime them to expedite. I'll pick up paper bags and mason jars at work today.

Pucker time on a long long long ride.

I stopped at the second plant. I didn't finish trimming and washing until after 8. With a 4 hour hang time before bagging and putting in the fridge I'll be beat at work in the morning.

I also ran into a horrible problem.....too much bud to put in the fridge. The grow tent will come into the house tomorrow for drying purposes. The house is a pretty consistent 68 with 40% Ish humdidity.

So far so good.

I chopped the last three plants this evening. There was little to nothing left in the water when I washed the other two plants last night, so I skipped that and went straight to hanging by the toes.

I brought my grow tent in the house to hang them. Snow is in the forecast. The house cruises along around 68-70 with humidity hovering 50.

The low and slow is doing fine. I opened up the bags to breathe and moved the buds around a bit. They still have 2 weeks give or take. No pics at this time but the buds colors are completely different from the same plants hanging to dry in the grow tent and shame them in smell.

I had a few lower plant popcorn buds that were yanked off the 4 other plants about a week ago. I tossed them on the counter top in a brown paper bag. They went from kinda damp yesterday to toooo dry this morning. I stuck them outside for a few minutes with the bag open and they juicied right up.

Without a cure, tonight I fired up a bowl of my first grow. Four hits slowly brought a buzz that slowly turned into a stone. Almost 3 hours later and I'm still rather buzzed after a busy bee work around the house frenzy.

Winner winner.

Well, I guess this grow is officially over. I jarred up the last of my air dried tonight (bag seed plant). I still have 17 lunch bags in the small dorm fridge doing the low and slow. They should be done in a week, give or take a few days.

I never weighed anything, but so far I've filled sixteen pint sized Mason jars. The low and slow will add to that. The bag seed plant only gave me 4 jars of light airy buds but stoopid sticky.

I've still got all of my trim, about an ounce, to deal with. I'll probably make butter.

Typical bag seed buds. :)
20191108_191332.jpg
20191108_191215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom