Booja Buds

Night time temps are getting the best of me already. The small grow tent was 72 last night around 9pm but down to 52 this morning shortly before lights kicked off for the day. If I restrict air flow any more to try and bump temps I run into humidity issues.

The 4 tent plants are heading into the shed tonight with my bag seed plant. I think the shed is big enough and non-air tight enough that I can skip the fan. The added light in the shed should help with temps. If not, then time to pull out the amp meter and see how much juice I have left in the circuit for a small heater.

One the chuckles side. I thought that 2 of the seeds were northern lights. I found the original baggy from 3 years ago, they are pineapple haze. They certainly look/grow different than the sour diesel.

Well, they are in their new home. I also broke out my meter, only 3.4 amps on the circuit. There is still plenty of juice for a small heater if needed.
20190909_203146.jpg

I'm totally jazzed that I've got buds. The bag seed plant is ahead in the game but still has a long way to go.

20190909_203245.jpg

Well, they are in their new home. I also broke out my meter, only 3.4 amps on the circuit. There is still plenty of juice for a small heater if needed.
20190909_203146.jpg

I'm totally jazzed that I've got buds. The bag seed plant is ahead in the game but still has a long way to go.

20190909_203245.jpg
Looking good, curious what strain the bagseed is, I was just given one the other day, I have no idea what it is, it was a good smoke though!

The baggy is definitely tall, skinny and scraggly, very open with a lot of distance between nodes. The best part is I still have about 20 of the baggy seeds. I'll toss a few of those into a hoop style greenhouse in the spring.

I just went out and synchronized the two timers. I was a tad worried about an on/off overlap that would push beyond the 12 hours. I'll double check this evening when they are supposed to kick back on, or just get smart and switch to a single timer.

We had a weather front move in last night, I love thunder and lightning, so the temps are a little higher. The shed temp was 62 this morning. I'll pick up a small heater today. It was October 13th last year that we had our first major snow event. Winter is coming and the race continues. Grow baby grow.

I've been running a tiny little 350 watt heater since Tuesday night. It doesn't put out much heat but seems to be enough, temp this morning was 74.

It might be the added heat or just the new location, but two of the plants, which I believe are the pineapple haze, really started to stretch. There are finally some space between nodes lolol.

I take it the consensus is to trim lower leaves? These things are very bushy down low, it might be time?

20190913_201935.jpg

Side by side photo to show the contrast between plants.....just because ;)

20190913_195546.jpg

How many days of flower are you on?

It looks like flowering has started. I would wait until after day 21 (ish) of flower. Let it quit stretching before taking of lower foliage.

They were switched over to 12/12 on August 13th, so it's been a month. I think cool temps have been a problem since the beginning. With the little heater I added earlier this week they found a new desire to stretch again.

So it appears I've got a couple small buds tucked way down underneath with some rot. I cut them out this morning.

I think I really need to open up the plants a bit for air flow and get a fan in the shed as well. There are tons of pics on this site with very open lower structure but I'm really not sure how to go about it. I hacked out a bunch of fan leaves, not getting any light leaves etc on one plant this morning but it still looks like a gorillas armpit. Nodes are very close together.
20190913_201846.jpg

and get a fan in the shed as well.

I’m surprised you don’t have one already! That is a must have for indoor growing!

What’s your talking about is called lollipoping.

You remove everything (no earlier then 21 days) under the top canopy.
A) because they don’t see much light anyways,
B) because they don’t mount to much anyways, because minimal light gets through the top canopy.

You remove everything below the top canopy to focus the plants energy on the top colas, where it really matters.

I used a fan in the grow tent. I moved it over to the shed last night and trimmed the snot out of my plants. They still need some more trimming but my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I called it quite for the night.

Is there any use for the trimmings from plants at this stage? I kept the tiny buds and have them drying. I might get a bowl out of them but after being smokeless for months, I'll take it.

At this earlier stage? I mean, I don’t keep any of it, but I’m sure you could! What to do with it is beyond me, not sure if it be worth cooking with or not.

Smoking it, maybe, I mean again, I don’t. I’m not sure how much trichomes would be there at that time. Couldn’t be much, but like you said! You’ve been out for so long, you’ll take what you can get lol :laughtwo:

Still chugging along. It was cooler last night so the heater was fired back up. I just shut it down, and kicked on the exhaust fan before lights out for the day.

The bag seed plant is looking good. The buds aren't huge but look tasty. The little button buds on the other 4 are way behind.
20190925_071434.jpg
20190925_071434.jpg
20190925_071306.jpg

Day 50 of flower. We got our first frost warning tonight. It's been raining all day but temps aren't that low yet for snow. Just a cold front behind rain I imagine. The little heater is on, morning temps inside the shed nd out will be interesting.

20191003_200631.jpg
20191003_200310.jpg

It was 42 outside and 56 in the shed this morning. The plants did not look happy. Lower temps are supposed to be good for Terps, fingers crossed. I'm tempted to upgrade the supplemental heat.

Arthritis in the old bones feels winter knocking on the door. Fingers, hands, knees. Neck and back

On a side note, there is still not much smell from the tall bag seed plant. The pineapple haze on the other hand, smells amazing.

Day 56 of flower. Bag seed is getting closer. Being my first grow I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so. We had a hard frost yesterday morning. I didn't check temps in the shed this morning when I turned off the heater but it was pretty mild.
20191009_201952.jpg

Back
Top Bottom