Boomer444's New and Improved Indoor Grow

Re: Hozona's New and Improved Indoor Grow

i did rc cars for a while damn expensive hobby, in 93 i remember seeing motors for them over 400$ for a little electric motor!! i was gifted a giant box full of cars and parts built and destroyed them over n over, this hobby serves better expensive to start if you want but not nesessary, i have a decent array of tools,drills,jigsaw,chainsaw,dremel sander etc used to do alot of inventing but disability and painkiller have taken motivation & creativity im working on that ,gotta find those perfect strains
I was grateful I had mine after building today. Not hard work, but my arthritus let me know it was there when I finished. My MMMF took care of that right away. I think the clone in the tent just clicked into gear the last couple days.:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Hey there Hosana!

First, you've done a really nice job laying out your DIY projects, parts, etc. This should be helpful to many. You should seriously consider starting a separate thread in the DIY section specific to building these - I think it would benefit many if you did as some people might not find it here in your journal. Looks to me like it should all work really well for you. I do have a couple of thoughts/suggestions:

On the DIY Bloom unit - do you have something to cover the ports on the reservoir portion from light? You'll want to make sure that all of these are very light tight to prevent the light getting to the reservoir, which can cause algae issues, PH issues (will climb like crazy if light gets to the nutrient solution), and heat issues. One challenge with Rubbermaid DIY tubs in general is that they aren't always especially light-proof to begin with (maybe yours are), so you might benefit from painting them also, or at least the tops. I've made a number of DIY Rubbermaid projects, and I use a silver metallic paint on my containers that keeps light from getting to the nutrient solution and also reflects precious light back to the plants. Black works great for blocking the light, but it absorbs the heat, so I prefer a silver color. It may sound like a pain to do, but it's not as bad as you might think, and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches from warm nutrients and PH climbs, etc. (if light is getting through to the nutes).

Speaking of nutrient temps, are you or will you be able to keep your nutrient solutions under about 70f? One big challenge with hydro is that it's fairly important to keep the nutrient temps below 70f to prevent pathogens and root rot. It's especially critical with DWC, but I would imagine still important with an aero set-up. One thing that can help if you have temp issues, is a product like Dutch Master's "Zone" which cleans/sterilizes the root zone on plants. It's great insurance with hydro, especially if your nutrient temps are a bit high (though it's a poor long-term substitute for proper nutrient solution temps). With an aero system, I'd probably steer clear of organic products/solutions for the rootzone (or anything for that matter) as they can really clog things up, especially in an aero style system.

Love the Aero stuff, and the excellent DIY craftsmanship. Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts on a few things - maybe you've already got that stuff covered, but I can tell you are trying to do this well and I'd like to help you head off a couple of potential probs/issues if I can. I haven't done any aero stuff, but I've DIY'd a number of DWC hydro tubs, buckets, flood systems, yada yada... and I feel pretty comfortable with most of the basics. Let me know if I can ever lend insight, etc.

Keep up the great work and excellent journal! MMMF sounds great and love your set-up. +rep for the excellent DIY and detailed info.

:thumb:

Hey there Hosana!

First, you've done a really nice job laying out your DIY projects, parts, etc. This should be helpful to many. You should seriously consider starting a separate thread in the DIY section specific to building these - I think it would benefit many if you did as some people might not find it here in your journal. Looks to me like it should all work really well for you. I do have a couple of thoughts/suggestions:

On the DIY Bloom unit - do you have something to cover the ports on the reservoir portion from light? You'll want to make sure that all of these are very light tight to prevent the light getting to the reservoir, which can cause algae issues, PH issues (will climb like crazy if light gets to the nutrient solution), and heat issues. One challenge with Rubbermaid DIY tubs in general is that they aren't always especially light-proof to begin with (maybe yours are), so you might benefit from painting them also, or at least the tops. I've made a number of DIY Rubbermaid projects, and I use a silver metallic paint on my containers that keeps light from getting to the nutrient solution and also reflects precious light back to the plants. Black works great for blocking the light, but it absorbs the heat, so I prefer a silver color. It may sound like a pain to do, but it's not as bad as you might think, and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches from warm nutrients and PH climbs, etc. (if light is getting through to the nutes).

Speaking of nutrient temps, are you or will you be able to keep your nutrient solutions under about 70f? One big challenge with hydro is that it's fairly important to keep the nutrient temps below 70f to prevent pathogens and root rot. It's especially critical with DWC, but I would imagine still important with an aero set-up. One thing that can help if you have temp issues, is a product like Dutch Master's "Zone" which cleans/sterilizes the root zone on plants. It's great insurance with hydro, especially if your nutrient temps are a bit high (though it's a poor long-term substitute for proper nutrient solution temps). With an aero system, I'd probably steer clear of organic products/solutions for the rootzone (or anything for that matter) as they can really clog things up, especially in an aero style system.

Love the Aero stuff, and the excellent DIY craftsmanship. Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts on a few things - maybe you've already got that stuff covered, but I can tell you are trying to do this well and I'd like to help you head off a couple of potential probs/issues if I can. I haven't done any aero stuff, but I've DIY'd a number of DWC hydro tubs, buckets, flood systems, yada yada... and I feel pretty comfortable with most of the basics. Let me know if I can ever lend insight, etc.

Keep up the great work and excellent journal! MMMF sounds great and love your set-up. +rep for the excellent DIY and detailed info.

:thumb:
First of all, I like any and ALL comments. I have a design in mind to keep the light out of the nutrient area, plus I added a hinge and access door for easier access to the nutes for flushing and testing. I am going to invest in an AC unit for the next year so I can control my temps in the grow room. Have the room for a small unit that should do the job for the size of room. I had one DIY scog I posted in the DIY section. I'll get the ones I haven't there today...been meaning to do that. Thanks for the reps and comments!:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

First of all, I like any and ALL comments. I have a design in mind to keep the light out of the nutrient area, plus I added a hinge and access door for easier access to the nutes for flushing and testing. I am going to invest in an AC unit for the next year so I can control my temps in the grow room. Have the room for a small unit that should do the job for the size of room. I had one DIY scog I posted in the DIY section. I'll get the ones I haven't there today...been meaning to do that. Thanks for the reps and comments!:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Awesome, sounds like you've got a great plan and well thought out. :thumb:

Had to give reps for that
Thanks Soooooo much! I want to be a contributing part of this community as much as I possibly can! I am glad to help newbies, share with more experienced people than I, AND Keep my brain active...Thanks for the reps! :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

woo hoo looy dat xlr8 chiming in thyts 420 mag elite royalty right there great guy great grower growmancrush lol x gets it done with the hydro i have envied and coveted his hydro work for many moons he and jandre2k3 mr smith sheesh theres a few more quite a few but mr x is one to listen to for surre and then of course the be all end all hydro god....me!! lol gotta listen to every syllable i say on the matter lol rotflmmfao :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

UPDATE 11/29
The clutz struck again, dropped the MMMF on the floor and snapped her little head off. She is now in clone bucket in the front
IMG_029817.JPG

I tranplanted the largest vegging MMMF clone into some Foxfarm Ocean Forest so that she will get aclimated to her new environment
IMG_029718.JPG

And a closer view of my veggers
IMG_029918.JPG

And the bloom tent...rotated her 180 degrees today
IMG_029516.JPG

And a closeup of the MMMF bud at 36 days
IMG_030013.JPG

Peace Out! :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Looking good there Hoz , maybe you just needed an extra plnt and that is why you created one vis breaking the top off all happens for a reason. LOL

I was following your lead??? Or someone else I'm subbed ....I get so :tokin:

Nice, she looks like shes ready to be harvest any time now. I see what you mean about your plants main stem. She is very thick indeed and putting out alot.
First plant I ever LST'd...I usually have three plants in the hydro, but I had girls out doors and it gets awefully hot here so she spent most of her life in my BR closet, Now I have dedicated space in my storage room and will have to commit to an air conditioner for that room by next spring. The buds are getting dense at day 37 in the bloom cycle. Still seeing new growth, so I will let her go to Christmas if need be...not in a hurry, have my other MMMF and some of my outdoor LST'd sativa I harvested.:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

BID you had me blushing, buddy - but thank you for the high praise, pretty damned flattering if not considerably overstated! But... Love ya too buddy, haha. :thanks:

Hozana, love that you took the time and did the thread on your DIY aero set-ups. Nice job! :thumb:

BID you had me blushing, buddy - but thank you for the high praise, pretty damned flattering if not considerably overstated! But... Love ya too buddy, haha. :thanks:

Hozana, love that you took the time and did the thread on your DIY aero set-ups. Nice job! :thumb:
Thanks soooo much X:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom