Boycie's Grow - Unknown Strain - LED & Hydro - First Grow Journal

Cheers mate,

Yeah my setup is ok-ish for a first timer but definitely some flaws in there. For example I attach the top-feed lines with garden wire to the pots. It's ok with small seedlings but with a crowded bush like it is now it's painful. On top of that if I had a screen I still need to lift up the net pots out of their hole by at least 10-15cm (which is their depth) if I want to do a proper clean up.

I usually take everything out to empty and wipe everything (residu) down. I thought about a valve but not a fan as this would create a weak point prone to leaking.

I'll see what f I can take some pics with my next res change.

Yea I d like to see that, I m wondering if you couldn't take the whole lid off with all the baskets and drop the res from the bottom somehow.... say prop everything up enough to drop the res and somehow support the baskets and lid?? Sorry I haven't looked it up yet, gonna get right on that tonight man.

Flaws and all it seems to be comin right along and lookin just dandy! :volcano-smiley:

Quick mid-week update:

Plants are growing significantly. Especially the heavy LST one (left-corner) so I decided to push them into 12/12 from today. Otherwise I won't be able to give them the headroom they need in flower.

The LST one is also 5-10cm taller than the other ones so I'll have to bend it down even more on the next res-change.

They're still on VeG NUTRIENTS at the moment. Probably will switch to bloom in a couple of days

Can I still defoliate during flower? Because I'm afraid my "tucking in" of big leaves is not resolving my shadow and dew-on-leaves problems. I have two fans 24/7 blower under and over the canopy.

Making sense or am I missing something?

420-magazine-mobile314236270.jpg

420-magazine-mobile601557126.jpg

I say as long as all your plants are getting light penetration down into the lower canopy then run with it! Just gotta make sure airflow is good. :volcano-smiley:

Id try a decent defoliation so that she can focus her energy on the top half and get those flowers rockin up top!!! Anybody else think this is good advice or should I just hush hahaha:volcano-smiley:

Hi y'all,

Update:

Day 4 since the 12/12 switch.
pH: 5.6
Ppm: 680
Room temp: 25* C
Res temp: 24.5* C
First day of flower NUTRIENTS.

One thing that I noticed is that all the plants have pretty severe stretch between nodes in the last week. Around 10cm. Which is weird because most of the plants were less than 10cm under the lights. Am I right or am I missing something?

Today I decided to do some updates on the growbox.
- painted the whole inside flat white
- installed a exhaust tube to lower the noise (didn't seem to do much)
- better hooks for the light hanging
- redone the top feed system into something easier and cleaner

Major decision: I decided to switch two of the plants into soil. I know there's a lot of controversy about the subject and found equal amount of people who voted against/for it. I couldn't keep the four plants in the one space so it was either ditch them or give to switch to soil a good go.

So I decided to keep the mainlining one and one of the small ones. The mainlining one which was heavily trained into half a circle and the other small one are in soil/perlite now.

So here is all 4 of them:

Small 1:

420-magazine-mobile1825526769.jpg

Mainlining:

420-magazine-mobile665559211.jpg

HST:

420-magazine-mobile1896091781.jpg

Small 2:

420-magazine-mobile1517755099.jpg

Mainlining one back in the box. Separated the main stems as much as possible for light penetration.:

420-magazine-mobile458841771.jpg

Small one back in the cupboard and same thing. They seem to have the same height more or less. Light is at 30cm height.

420-magazine-mobile1609936882.jpg

The two remaining ones in pots with soil/perlite mix m. Fingers crossed they pick up.

420-magazine-mobile715735503.jpg

Any feedback welcomed!
Cheers
B

These are the burn marks, shrivelled up tips and slight yellow marking on 2nd pic.

420-magazine-mobile607317139.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2094310192.jpg

New update:

Day 19 of 12/12

Changed water and refilled it with NUTRIENTS.

pH: 5.8

ppm 680

Room temp: 24* C

Res temp: 23* C

- I figured that the burn marks would be from the 100% bloom NUTRIENTS from the first week.

- Plants look healthy overall with some serious root-mass under water. Except for a couple of burned leaves they look happy. They drank about 20liters of water in the last two weeks.

- No sign of sex yet.

- Snapped one big stem and a couple of small ones whilst taking them out of the cupboard. I definitely need to make a new one for the next grow.

- Despite culling half of my plants and leaving 2 in that space, I still feel like it's a bit too crowded in there.

SMALL PLANT - little to no training - 70cm high
420-magazine-mobile1812581880.jpg

No sign of sex yet?!
420-magazine-mobile1925820475.jpg

420-magazine-mobile28048853.jpg

BIG MAINLINE PLANT - 85cm high
420-magazine-mobile1353553803.jpg

Any sexing experts out there?
420-magazine-mobile1300804282.jpg

420-magazine-mobile127119102.jpg

BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER IN THE SPACE
Try to space them out as much as possible.
420-magazine-mobile543790870.jpg

420-magazine-mobile338869653.jpg

Any input welcomed!
Cheers

Need feedback and know if I'm still on the right track!

Day 44 of 12/12.

Is this looking good?

Due to my setup it's difficult to do measurements of pH, temp and ppm but I top up the res with pH 5.8 and 600ppm water+nutes.

420-magazine-mobile183040974.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303791587.jpg

Anyone? Germinator, Riffleman, Scottay,...

Man I am so sorry I didn't get back to you. I was going through a rough time in life and wasn't active on this forum. Hope it went well for you.

Back
Top Bottom