in soil
using 4-6cfl natural daylight 23W bulbs
currently on 18-6
about 4 weeks vegging
plantedd in 12-15-13
on miracle grow soil
the ph has been stable since dropped in soil..6.0-6.7
i water when it needs.. or when top soil is dry 2-4 inches down

as of now i have not gave her any nutes or anything..i have jst been watering her from the time i planted...as of now she seems to be doing good..i was thinking bout scrog but not to sure...suggestions are welcome as i am a new grower..ideas or anything are welcome....
as in feeding her with nutes i do not know as of now

QUESTION:
is it to late to scrog? or to train in a way to max the yield of this one plant..?
everyones input is welcome,,,

its current
20140110_165911.jpg

20131231_221544.jpg

20131231_221620.jpg

20140108_114741.jpg

20140110_165911.jpg

Re: BRAINSTORM--FIrST GrOW Ever!!SuGGestions Welcomed help

No it isnt to late at all. You have enough nodes now so you arent to late.I do hope you up your lights though but it seems to be a good jumpoff point. Good job

as of now i have 4 23w cfl bulb with 1600lumens each..there is 6 23w cfls in total..u think ill neeed more?
because for flower i was jst goin to add a 250hps bulb along with cfls...

i am also goin to start tieing her down to the sides of the bucket to start gettin light thought the middle of th eplant for the small ones that are comin out along the middle..

think it be good idea to start training by tieing down to the sides before i scrog..

as of now 1/11/13 i tied her down to the sides. as u can see the main cola i turned it almost 90 degree without snapping or anything.. im jst trying to get as much light in the center as possible so when i do add screen it will be somewat level.. lmk ur input
20140111_153018.jpg

20140111_153005.jpg

20140111_152949.jpg

Well I suppose that will be enough if you want a small plant but they will be light and airy buds at the top . Make sure you cut out all the undergrowth to focus the energy in the colas because at those wattages there wont be much light penetration. Bottom line the setup will support growth but its gonna be a slower longer process. Just going off of what I have personally experienced in similar circumstances. If your lights are moveable then no part of your plant should be more then 2 inches from light. Since cfls dont burn hot the plant can almost touch them without any heat damage

I agree with smoker joe, but I think you should be fine with the lights you have. The HPS will be perfect for when you flower. Im using less watts of CFL my entire grow, because I struggle to keep temperature down. CFL light is under rated and cheap :peace:

Nice start, I'm subbed :)

I'm 3 weeks or so off from harvesting my brainstorm's though mine are from Dutch Passion, what breeder is "IT"?

same from dutch passion...how did urs turnout....good bud/yield.. any problems or anything i need to know..
i currently do not have nutes whatsoever at the moment so shes been living off water for the past 4weeks shes been in veg lol...

same from dutch passion...how did urs turnout....good bud/yield.. any problems or anything i need to know..
i currently do not have nutes whatsoever at the moment so shes been living off water for the past 4weeks shes been in veg lol...

Mine are still in flower, just started week 7, check my sig theres a link to my current grow. They stretch ALOT when you switch to flower, especially if you start from seed, mine are clones and didn't stretch as much as when i started from seed. I flowered at about 9 inches and most are now 3 ft tall. The bud is excellent after a proper cure, smooth taste,sweet and spicy smell with a hint of citrus, Heady energetic high, not too much couch lock. Yield is good. Great bag appeal. As for nutes, i only do hydro so i cannot really help ya with soil, but personally i'd say get rid of the miracle grow, while plants will grow in it, its not ideal for weed.

Mine are still in flower, just started week 7, check my sig theres a link to my current grow. They stretch ALOT when you switch to flower, especially if you start from seed, mine are clones and didn't stretch as much as when i started from seed. I flowered at about 9 inches and most are now 3 ft tall. The bud is excellent after a proper cure, smooth taste,sweet and spicy smell with a hint of citrus, Heady energetic high, not too much couch lock. Yield is good. Great bag appeal. As for nutes, i only do hydro so i cannot really help ya with soil, but personally i'd say get rid of the miracle grow, while plants will grow in it, its not ideal for weed.

nice, as of mine im going to let them veg for a good 6 8 weeks then flip the lights 12/12. what would be a good soil mixture i can transplant her to. shes in a 3gal bucket.. i was thinking about mixing soil with perlite and put it in a 5gal buket but im not too sure if im heading the right direction since she sin mg soil already..meanning if i switch the soil with the other wouldnt it jst mix and cause other problems? thanks for your help in advance...

also from where i bent it to the sides so i could get lights on the lower nodes i had to clip one of the 2nd top leaf that was covering pretty much half of the bottom..that shouldnt be a problem should it? since it will jst regrow right? can i clip more leaves to bring more light toward the lower nodes? as soon as i find out about a good soil medium ill transplant...or at least ask someone how to lol...

:popcorn:

You can clip fanleaves but it will impact the plant. The impact will definitely depend on how much you cut but you will notice the side with the cut leaves will grow a lot slower then the side with all leaves intact. Here is what I do. I take a bit of sewing yarn and tie a loose knot around the leave and pull it down so it is still fully intact just out of the way. Then secure it to the container or whatever method you would like to use to secure it. The leave will eventually wither and die but it will be awhile to that point and you still get the benefit of the added growth. Dont tie with anything that will cut into the plants flesh as that will promote a fungal attack that's why the knot shouldn't be to tight.

nice, as of mine im going to let them veg for a good 6 8 weeks then flip the lights 12/12. what would be a good soil mixture i can transplant her to. shes in a 3gal bucket.. i was thinking about mixing soil with perlite and put it in a 5gal buket but im not too sure if im heading the right direction since she sin mg soil already..meanning if i switch the soil with the other wouldnt it jst mix and cause other problems? thanks for your help in advance...

Well i personally would recommend you switch to Canna coco as a medium when you transplant to 5 gallon pots and use their coco line of nutes, Like i said i don't do real soil, with coco you can use it straight, or add up to a 50/50 coco/perlite mix for more aeration. Google Canna nutrients and check out their coco medium and nute line, i know alot of growers who swear by the stuff and get excellent results.

As for trimming leaves, peoples opinions vary on this subject, personally i have found you can trim off all the large fan leaves if you like, without any adverse effects. Pots a resilient plant and as long as you don't hack it to pieces you'll be fine. Be more worried about your training method and abilities, PH level and such things. If your growing large plants, you might want to consider main-lining, its by far the best method and results i've seen if you want to grow kick ass colas with very little "popcorn" buds. and its surprisingly little work compared to scrog and sog methods.

Back
Top Bottom