Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

This flower fuel?
420-magazine-mobile1949673204.jpg

Oh shit, man. That's really heavy stuff! Personally I stay away from synthetic nutrients being LOS grower, but even if you use it then you keep it at low dose, right?

You got that right about calcium. Don't ya hate them bronze edges on leaves? Keepem Green

Hey there Woody... you mean like this?? You say bronze, I say purple-red.. its all good.

Current Chemdawg clone @ 6' indoors bushin like a bushy... gonna have to tie to the top light bars.

DSC_0006158.JPG

Seriously tho.. yes Ca is hugely important to many functions in a plants life. The scientists are still figuring it out too... there's much Ca does under the covers .. helps the micro-herd do their thing, helps plants uptake minerals and other nutrients.

Word of cation.. you can over do it. I tried top dressing pure Calcium Carbonate powdered form. I won't do that again. Too much of a good thing I did. Probably would have been better off top dressing with Crab Shell Meal instead. I do that outside in our gardens.

Indoors I mix in enough Ca into my soil mix to last several rounds in the same soil so there's always enough available. Why I tried topdressing??... stoner moment. I get them... sometimes several times daily. My wife goes to the art museum when she gets over dosed on me... hahahaha Whatever...

BL's gear there is not straight up Calcium Carbonate... Its diluted ... reason I mentioned what I did was to save someone from "too much of a good thing" deal. All the forms of CaCO3 are tops 40%; crab shell meal, oyster shell flour etc. Then there's the CaCO3 powder, that's what I tried. Way to concentrated.

BL, I got your PM, been a shit ton of grief and drama that had to be dealt with. It got put on my back burner. I'll hit you back soon'nuf brother... I'm back on my 2 feets again, steady as she goes, man the the torpedo bongs and full vaping ahead! I'm on it. :Namaste:

Oh shit, man. That's really heavy stuff! Personally I stay away from synthetic nutrients being LOS grower, but even if you use it then you keep it at low dose, right?
I dont but I use mammothp so I havent had an issue

This flower fuel?
420-magazine-mobile1949673204.jpg

1-34-32! Nuclear powered nutrients.....never in my garden. That high PK bloom booster stuff can fry/damage plants quickly. Never knew why & how it even has any legit. purpose for our plants? Be careful with that stuff 4D...same with that FF Beastie & Cha Ching.

Anybody know if fox farms ocean forest and the three basic nutes are organic?? Seems to be providing good bud so far for me

J....they are not organic. FF in past has minimal organic stuff. Only Big Bloom is organic but very low NPK. More like a "tonic". An excellent supplement that I've used for a long time. FF has a lot of new entries but I don't keep up with their line.. some might be organic, IDK.

Our plant is very, very adaptive. Can & will adapt to most feeding regimens/styles. If you're happy with what you're doing, no reason to change. That said, I'm a tinkerer....every grow is a little different. Always changing a few things to experiment.

Hey there Woody... you mean like this?? You say bronze, I say purple-red.. its all good.

Current Chemdawg clone @ 6' indoors bushin like a bushy... gonna have to tie to the top light bars.

Seriously tho.. yes Ca is hugely important to many functions in a plants life. The scientists are still figuring it out too... there's much Ca does under the covers .. helps the micro-herd do their thing, helps plants uptake minerals and other nutrients.

Word of cation.. you can over do it. I tried top dressing pure Calcium Carbonate powdered form. I won't do that again. Too much of a good thing I did. Probably would have been better off top dressing with Crab Shell Meal instead. I do that outside in our gardens.

Indoors I mix in enough Ca into my soil mix to last several rounds in the same soil so there's always enough available. Why I tried topdressing??... stoner moment. I get them... sometimes several times daily. My wife goes to the art museum when she gets over dosed on me... hahahaha Whatever...

BL's gear there is not straight up Calcium Carbonate... Its diluted ... reason I mentioned what I did was to save someone from "too much of a good thing" deal. All the forms of CaCO3 are tops 40%; crab shell meal, oyster shell flour etc. Then there's the CaCO3 powder, that's what I tried. Way to concentrated.

BL, I got your PM, been a shit ton of grief and drama that had to be dealt with. It got put on my back burner. I'll hit you back soon'nuf brother... I'm back on my 2 feets again, steady as she goes, man the the torpedo bongs and full vaping ahead! I'm on it. :Namaste:

Good to hear you're another Ca nut/devotee. Your plants may enlist a few others bob. My mixes are pretty calcium heavy to begin with but with RO, I supplement more along the way.

My $64K question with my organics has always been....How much is left in my soil in bloom? Short of soil testing in bloom, which I've never done, I have to go by what the plants are telling/showing me. The bicarbonate fueled high pH in the past often produced some tip burn by mid flower. I was like...how the hell is that going on when I really didn't mix the soil very hot nor did I feed much along the way. Perplexing. So I kept diluting my mixes. When RO let me know the tip burn was pH caused & not overfeeding, I started to feed more in flower. Good response...better flowers & increased yield.

Glad everything is settling down your way. How's that new pup doing?

Mammoth as in PSB?

MammothP is a new bacteria product developed by Colorado St. professors. Key ingredient is Pseudomonas Putida, which facilitates P uptake & utilization. Expensive as hell.

:passitleft:

Yep there are couple of products with PSB on EU market too. I've been looking into it as it's great organic way for biggerand tastier buds.

Yep there are couple of products with PSB on EU market too. I've been looking into it as it's great organic way for biggerand tastier buds.

When I was reading about that stuff from CO State U, my first thought was compost tea... heavy on the bacteria ... looked at the price. I quietly brewed up another batch of compost tea. Most of that stuff in bottles is 90 something % water. I'm a cheap bastid so hard to justify the coin. Marketing is golden, all good at least its organic. The only thing that I had a question on was how do they keep the organisms "fresh" inside a sealed plastic bottle. Not being a na-sayer... just sayin and askin. :geek:

I'd rather go down to the fish stand and buy some wild caught tuna steaks and grill em fast n hot with some coarse ground black pepper.

A quick wiki on Pseudomonas Putida:

"A variety of P. putida, called multiplasmid hydrocarbon-degrading Pseudomonas, is the first patented organism in the world. Because it is a living organism, the patent was disputed and brought before the United States Supreme Court in the historic court case Diamond v. Chakrabarty, which the inventor, Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty, won."

/start.rant/

This stuff was/is used to biodegrade oil and some of it's related (not)friendly organic compounds. So .... thinking someone at Co State is getting a little "creative". I have a problem with scientists getting a Patent on a biological organism.. What's next? A patent on Cannabis Seeds, rings loud and clear like Monsanto and GMO Corn/roundup.
I'll Pass & pass pass .... puff. :passitleft:

/rant

BL - We are picking up pup this weekend, will post picks of her eating my cannabis plants .... wait... what was I thinking?

Great thread BL.
Thats the Flower fuel. I will use all FF powders and that F.fuel sparingly. The Grow shop said to use the mollases all through flower and explains why Flower Fuel has it. Tells me to just add Mollasses the last two waterings and like Nebula says. Im thinking of getting some fish from the baitshop, thread fin shad, and put with the plants. I even thought about some fresh water clams cause the their cheap and easy to bury. July 1st I will add something Organic and fishy.
Freebies, I got two Scotts Og from TGA and one is fem and the other is male. The female is transplanted and wont be topped. Lets/will see them freebies!!
I transplanted the two WW and flowering them out. Taking clones for the next tent run July. That WW is top shelf.

Ive got the Bontancare "Cal Mag plus" calcium, magnasium, iron. Im running 14ml per 5 gal every feeding and watering. Please tell me if ok??

Very, very , very good to know the Flower Fuel is harsh stuff and to be careful. I got to quit adding crap to my FF. Either run FF or switch all together.

My trimming buddys said his brother is VERY impressed with my tent bud!! Thanks 420!

The TGA Pergutorys have the biggest leafs Ive ever seen. Pics to come.

Nice Brightlight you try to answer all very well.

Hey Bl when I moved to Vegas from big island and seen some locals at 7/11. After saying Aloha they said...... heats coming brother!! Hey BL the heats coming brother!! God Bless Central heat and air!!
Made me smile. Great Day People!

I just want to throw my 2 cents in there. I use the monster plobo shit in my juice formula. That use to be the beasty bloom, tri shit. But you don't really need to use this major blast often. So I use the dry Kool Bloom myself. But I only juice' my girls 2-3 times and I use a light dose. Alot of people think because I 'balst' my plants at factory recommended doses for max growth, they tend to forget,, these companies sell product. I think 'overfeeding' is the most common mistake to be made. I did it for years. But really herbs will grow with so much less than the fertilizer companies will ever say. Weed burns cleaner without, even with a BIG time flush. Salts will get in the way of true taste. But is a time and place for them heavy hitters. Rule of thumb,, 65% is a good starting point with them. I do feel they help with productivity. Least in my eyes. But then I've grown plenty of great herbs with nothing from salts. But this is me,,, and much respect BL... Keepem Green

Lazy daze continue....slowly gearing up for an indoor summer run. A test to see if heat can be controlled. Veg & flower tents now in separate areas. Thinking maybe a small swamp cooler. Any cooling & humidity welcomed. But cooler inside than out lately....it's 106º right now. Hardly any coastal fog so not much nighttime cooling. Gonna give it a go after this heatwave. :lot-o-toke:

TH Seeds Sage n Sour
S.A.G.E. x ECSD. Loved growing her outdoors in past. S.A.G.E. = "sativa afgani genetic equilibrium. Multiple cup winner. Strong sativa leaning strain. Haze x afghani but sativa side is supposed to be the Big Sur Holy Weed. BSHW has some Zacatecas Purple in it. Called ZP not for flower color but the color of its seeds. If I catch this one on the right day, it has some old time trippy, psychedelic qualities to the high. In addition to a very nice haze effect. Harder to find these days. Funny how our old 8% Mexican used to have it pretty often. TH has a wicked ECSD cut. Have grown its UltraSour too & each time I grow a TH strain w/ its SD, I always give respect to it. TH is tight with Top Dawg folks so no surprise they have a true ESCD pipeline. Along the lines of SSSDH & Dedoverde Haze.

Grows tall but was able to harness w/ 2 fims early & a couple of super crops around stretch. Branches very well. Gorgeous bright lime green leaves, soft & delicate. Wood, spice haze nose but not close to benchmark Dedoverde fragrances. Not as euphoric & mood elevating as Dedoverde, nor as uplifting & inspiring as SSSDH but more stoney to go with the usual insightful haze high. Haze & sour diesel work well together & always for me.

IMG_350017.jpg
IMG_358016.jpg

You know how a few lower laterals usually show a lot of strength & vitality? This plant had a couple that started growing out round & then flattened out as if two laterals that were conjoined like Siamese twins. Confused dna & genes? Top buds had mucho top stigmas & then heavy layer of sugar leaves. Tape is where I broke one....the flat stem can be seen. Same as on dried buds. Compare above pics showing a normal flower & dried bud. Just something different worth sharing.

IMG_349618.jpg
IMG_349714.jpg
IMG_357714.jpg

Great thread BL.
Ive got the Bontancare "Cal Mag plus" calcium, magnasium, iron. Im running 14ml per 5 gal every feeding and watering. Please tell me if ok??

Hard to say 4D...some use it all the time, some less. As said I like a lot of Ca but rarely add any Mg. I usually add a little Langbenite, aka Sul Po Mag & K Mag, to mix. Sometimes a little more at start of flower. Coco can provide Mg when pH is proper. You're "ok" if you don't mind Mg & Fe through flower. Watch out for "snap, crackle & pop" buds. :laughtwo: Botanicare uses nitrate forms so you're gonna get N along w/ your Ca & Mg...ok in veg, maybe not so much in flower. Plus the EDTA to keep the Fe in solution. I avoid all nitrates & synthetic chelators so not best grower to answer you. :Namaste:

I just want to throw my 2 cents in there. I use the monster plobo shit in my juice formula. That use to be the beasty bloom, tri shit. But you don't really need to use this major blast often. So I use the dry Kool Bloom myself. But I only juice' my girls 2-3 times and I use a light dose. Alot of people think because I 'balst' my plants at factory recommended doses for max growth, they tend to forget,, these companies sell product. I think 'overfeeding' is the most common mistake to be made. I did it for years. But really herbs will grow with so much less than the fertilizer companies will ever say. Weed burns cleaner without, even with a BIG time flush. Salts will get in the way of true taste. But is a time and place for them heavy hitters. Rule of thumb,, 65% is a good starting point with them. I do feel they help with productivity. Least in my eyes. But then I've grown plenty of great herbs with nothing from salts. But this is me,,, and much respect BL... Keepem Green

My lungs can't handle salt based herb anymore . My sisters & I are pretty sure we caught Valley Fever as kids in Central Valley. Weakened my lungs. I switched to organics for health reasons. Just herb, not food. But I've seen lots of your herb brother & it kills. So don't matter whether salt or organic. You grow some fine herb. Can tell you low feed by looking at your plants too. I love to look at all beautiful weed...organic or salt. Now & then I get some top level salt weed & like it. An occasional sampler is ok. I'm not an organic snob or evangelist. Much respect to you too, NCW. :Namaste:

I agree NCW. I use fox farms soil. And haven't used any notes on few of my latest plants and haven't seen any issues. Maybe a slight decline in yield bt it's saved me $$ and I'm liking the natural colors they are showing before harvest.

That's some damn fine growing J if you going all the way on just FFOF. I was just thinking recently how my ultra low feed outdoor grow from a few yrs. ago was one of the real good ones. Outside I use a simple formula, mix soil, low feeding & some tea. Indoors I've gone more mad scientist...experimenting a lot.

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:

Looks good... Nice Buddage. Be careful with a swamp cooler... They put out ALOT of moisture... When I lived in NM everyone had a swamp cooler. They work great in them real dry places. Hey, that Tahoe Star recovered from the massive cutting I did on her. We get such small amounts of sun in the spring, some girls tend to runaway. I'm going to probaly have to finish her the last week inside. Enjoy that buddage
Keepem Green

Beautiful plants and buds. Keep showing the purple animal kush to mine , showing her how to act. :)
Lovely buds on the sage and sour. Love your garden.
Got some cuts of mine just cause she looks nice and purple in veg.
Can't wait to see her in action.
Happy daze. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom