Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Ya, I know.. The system is messed up and never really let's you redeem yourself. Your past is your past and made you who you are today and my senses tell me your a good person that treats others respectfully..:thumb:

You being almost 57 and cool as a Eskimo gives me hope. My step kids brain washed me In to thinking I'm too old and not cool at 36. I still have "most" of my hair.. lol. :Namaste: Kids are mean these days..

I vouch for Woody.... I'd have his back in a Mexicali shoot out. Stick with good people and sometimes good sticks to you! Yeah u right!

Sub'd for Wood's 3rd pick... wait what was his first pick?? Red Bud...? Thai Stick Woody... member that? Best shit ... thought it was laced with something first time I tried it. Prolly was..

Re: Brightlight's Outdoor & LED Gardens

I think part of the lore was that Sk VA brought the Skunk from Virginia to Mass, traded with Chem - and took back at least one cut of something in the trade, supposed to be the (91). I've often wondered if he also might have provided the MSS, for the original Diesel (Maybe Amherst crew), which was from old Sensi stock. The Va crew also held other Skunks, RKS, JFK, RFK, so it kinda fits. If you haven't seen that thread (from last couple years maybe) he was saying he still loved to grow her out, and posted some real nice pics of her - still holding her own against the new guard. But I suspect you've seen it already. A fine lady she is BL. :Namaste:

Not to forget those tasty looking and obviously potent looking gems. :circle-of-love:

Good info CareStaker. JJ of Top Dawg goes into detail on exactly how & who got what. Forget where I saw it. He does give a shorter history on his Facebook. Most of those guys have relocated to CO. The CO requirement that dispensaries produce their own herb has really boosted the breeding there.

Hahaha.. good one BL.. my favorite 3 are:

Chemdawg in flower
Chemdawg in VEG
Chemdawg seedlings

Got my Chemdawg I've been running for a while now from 1 seed from a 3 pack from HSO..

Hi I'm Bob and I "collect" seeds. I'm not yet willing to admit I have a problem... my seed stash box is not full yet. Oh wait.... yes it is. OK I have a problem... my seed stash box isn't large enough! hahahaha

I like SnowHigh's gear but haven't ran them enough to call them my favorite but my stash is:

Chemdawg and Devils Tit right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

I use 2 large coffee canisters & probably need a 3rd. Is the HSO Chemdog a 91, D or 4...any idea? Never see much said about HSO's. Also wonder what the pollen donor was? Gonna have to research it....already decided to pick a few up after your fine results & info. I never get tired of it & reach for it regularly even with a huge available variety.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Quick check but not definitive says HSO's is a #4. Maybe so, since bob's world class colors & fade go hand in hand with what I know about the 4. :Namaste:

Could be... not sure... The plants I'm growing are tall.... the Chem-4 are short and more Indica dom from what I was reading. I also read somewhere that HSO got a purple pheno cut and that was part of the lineage... I was under the impression that it went back pretty far.

I don't get couch lock from the Chem-d that I run. It has some Indica in it for sure but not Indica dom.... Leaves are smallish and not fat but not long and thin either... turns into a big ass bush monster if left to her own devices. This one is a fast finisher too... so surely some Indica in there.

Not saying Chem-4 is not worthy.. actually after reading some about it, I'd like to grow some out! hahahha

I can't keep mothers... they get all funky after 3-4 months in VEG (I've got 3 now) prolly going to toss if the clones I took take off.

I have to VEG clones... clones into flower... take more clones. Cover my ass with the funky mothers.

Here's a description from HSO website:

"Chemdawg is a cannabis seed that stems from the original line devised by its creator, as it is the result of the original Chem 91 elite clone. It is a stunning marijuana plant that boasts beautiful colours ranging from light yellow to deep purple. It will reward your work with elongated compact buds that give off a scent that is unique in the international cannabis scene. It requires a short growth indoors in order to reach full potential. Resistant to moisture, it enjoys temperate, dry, warm, sunny and Mediterranean."

Everything there is true for me.. sans the resistance statement. I get PM sometimes with this one. I don't know what "resistance to moisture" means exactly. Likely some bullshit..since the next few words say "dry, warm" .... resistant to moisture but like a dry warm climate? Hmmm like saying sunny followed by darkness later in the day...

No offense to anyone but this is the thread to follow huh! went in at page 70 but shortly had to jump here cause its kinda overwhelming with just the terminology alone. Wow. And breeders info, Wow. And everyone loving on the Chemdog....big time WOW!!
Thanks for your help Brightlight, much appreciated!! Great day!!

No offense to anyone but this is the thread to follow huh! went in at page 70 but shortly had to jump here cause its kinda overwhelming with just the terminology alone. Wow. And breeders info, Wow. And everyone loving on the Chemdog....big time WOW!!

Its definitely a good one to follow. I am still working my way through the full journal. I don't want to ask questions that get answered two or three times already like I see on some journals. I read like 5 pages a day and write stuff down that is interesting or a potential question. Then when I am finally caught up, I am am going to swamp Bright with a zillion questions or comments LOL

the Chem-4 are short and more Indica dom from what I was reading.

Not saying Chem-4 is not worthy.. actually after reading some about it, I'd like to grow some out! hahahha

Here's a description from HSO website:

"Chemdawg is a cannabis seed that stems from the original line devised by its creator, as it is the result of the original Chem 91 elite clone."

#4 was popped in 2006 & is said to most resemble the original 91. Nicknamed the "reunion pheno". The Cali Boss Hogg (#4 incross) I grew recently really showed a lot of the sativa side....long spears & a lighter Chemdog high. Seemed to grow it well but not usual Chemdog strength. Not a knock on #4...just that plant or my doing.

Quite clever how they so deftly worded the description...able to insert "Chem 91" without saying it's specifically the 91. Good marketing communications dept.

kinda overwhelming with just the terminology alone. Wow. And breeders info, Wow. And everyone loving on the Chemdog....big time WOW!!

4D....don't be shy (I know you won't) on asking about any "terminology". Expedience leads to lots of abbreviating & written shortcuts. Yes, we do have a small contingent of Chemdog lovers here & know you're one of them.

Its definitely a good one to follow. I am still working my way through the full journal. I don't want to ask questions that get answered two or three times already like I see on some journals. I read like 5 pages a day and write stuff down that is interesting or a potential question. Then when I am finally caught up, I am am going to swamp Bright with a zillion questions or comments LOL

:laughtwo: Van....ask away anytime...someone here will know the answer even if I don't. No need to read it all unless you really wish to...just look at pics. Again...nice to have you join us.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Plants are ~4' and into transition. I like to see the natural shapes that strains have. My sunlight and tall tree situation might make them a little on the slender side. I did a few supercrops and fims to each. To control height and add a little meat to the bones.

Pretty much I like to leave plants alone. After transplant into the soil mix, I keep feedings to a minimum. In 8 wks. outside, I've fertilized 4 times plus 2 teas. My soil mix has lots of ingredients but I use low amounts of each. When I feed, I keep it light. I try not to push a plant, just keep it happy and basically healthy and let her grow however she will. Just where I'm at in growing now.

Heat brutal this year. Currently in an extended heat wave, high 90's to over 100º, and more humid this year.
Plants happily enjoying morning sun.
IMG_036134.jpg

Tired out after 7+ hrs. of sun.
IMG_075324.JPG

Supercrops visible on a couple.
IMG_074619.JPG

Well, that's it for now. My hat's off to all of you whose journals I've enjoyed. There's some effort involved. Now I know.

Excellent journal as you have so many strains going. I'm extra interested in outdoor journals and will be keeping my eyes closely on this one. They are looking fantastic now, you've got some good height on them and that's before they stretch in flower. You should be pulling some lush sticky buds of those babies this summer. You most definitely have my attention.

I just realise I already subbed up to this journal . blame the haze not me, I'm medicated what can I say.

I actually do like to read the full journals, I realize that so many of the little side topics reveal valuable information or spark creative thoughts in my mind such as experiments I would like to run, strains that sound fun to try, or different grow techniques. So much valuable information on this site, I love it. Pictures are great, but don't get wrong and I love them, but they don't always show you everything there is to know!

What's up BL... I read this today and thought of the 420 fam.. Some interesting info on Terps being more than just a flavor.. Copy and posted from Sc labs. The future of the custom high?and a reason for the sativa/indica high? There was more but I didn't want to copy the whole page and these are the main terpinoids. Your thoughts on the subject?

Found in Cannabis
terpene_icon_pinene

α Pinene
α Pinene accounts for cannabis’ familiar odor, often associated with pine trees and turpentine. α Pinene is the most common naturally occurring terpenoid and acts as both an anti-inflammatory and a bronchodilator.
terpene_icon_linalool

Linalool
Linalool has a floral scent reminiscent of spring flowers, but with spicy overtones. It possesses sedative properties and is an effective anxiety and stress reliever. It has also been used an analgesic and anti-epileptic.
terpene_icon_myrcene

Myrcene
Myrcene is the most prevalent terpene and is found in most varieties of cannabis. Myrcene concentration dictates whether a strain will have an Indica or Sativa effect. Strains containing over 0.5% of myrcene produce a more sedative high, while strains containing less than 0.5% myrcene have an energizing effect. Myrcene is also present in thyme, hops, lemongrass, and citrus, and is used in aromatherapy.
terpene_icon_limonene

Limonene
Limonene is a dominant terpene in strains with a pronounced Sativa effect. It is also found in the rinds of citrus fruits. Limonene aids in the absorption of other terpenes through the skin and mucous membranes, and has been used to treat anxiety and depression.
terpene_icon_ocimene

Ocimene
Ocimene is frequently used in perfumes for its pleasant odor. In nature, this terpene contributes to a plant’s defenses and possess antifungal properties.
terpene_icon_terpinoline

Terpinolene
Terpinolene has been shown to exhibit antioxidant and anticancer effects in rat brain cells. Studies with mice show that terpinolene has a sedative effect when inhaled. In addition, terpinolene is responsible for many of the floral notes found in Jack Herer varieties.
terpene_icon_terpineol

Terpineol
Terpineol is known for its pleasant smell and is often used in soaps and perfumes. It is known to have relaxing effects.
terpene_icon_valencene

Valencene
Valencene is present in Valencia oranges and contributes to cannabis’ citrus aroma.
terpene_icon-caryophylline

β Caryophyllene
β Caryophyllene is the only terpene known to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (CB2). It produces anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
terpene_icon_geraniol

Geraniol
Also present in geraniums, geraniol emits a rosey scent that makes it a popular perfume additive. It is an effective mosquito repellent and shows a potential protective effect against neuropathy.
terpene_icon_humulene

Humulene
α Humulene contributes to the “hoppy” aroma of cannabis. This terpene acts as an appetite suppressant and exhibits potent anti-inflammatory activity.

Wow great info. I know I've smelt the limonene linalool and pinene terps before. I wonder which strains and terpenes exhibit the strongest effects??!? The lemonene found in sour diesel and og kush hybrids are some of the strongest/ potent I've tried. Another smell I remember is the pinene terp that I know I smelled on a strong batch of so called Gorilla Glue. That one was stink up a whole room smelly!

I actually do like to read the full journals, I realize that so many of the little side topics reveal valuable information or spark creative thoughts in my mind such as experiments I would like to run, strains that sound fun to try, or different grow techniques. So much valuable information on this site, I love it. Pictures are great, but don't get wrong and I love them, but they don't always show you everything there is to know!

I'm learning as I go dude. I'm only a week old member and I'm fast learning to check the whole journal before I post lol. Typical newbie behaviour. I've already learnt a lot reading some of the journals on here it really is a wealth of information at the finger tips.

I'm learning as I go dude. I'm only a week old member and I'm fast learning to check the whole journal before I post lol. Typical newbie behaviour. I've already learnt a lot reading some of the journals on here it really is a wealth of information at the finger tips.

Many times, what I do when I have a question at the beginning part of a journal is I right click on "reply with quote" and I open it in a new tab. I will then write out my question but I won't post it. I will keep it filled out and sitting there while I continue reading. If need be, I will copy and paste on a word document until I am completely done catching up on a long journal. If I find someone else asked the question and it was answered, I will close the tab or erase the question off my word document. That way I am not asking a question that has already been answered 17 times over the course of the 70+ pages of the journal. I hate being "that guy".

Many times, what I do when I have a question at the beginning part of a journal is I right click on "reply with quote" and I open it in a new tab. I will then write out my question but I won't post it. I will keep it filled out and sitting there while I continue reading. If need be, I will copy and paste on a word document until I am completely done catching up on a long journal. If I find someone else asked the question and it was answered, I will close the tab or erase the question off my word document. That way I am not asking a question that has already been answered 17 times over the course of the 70+ pages of the journal. I hate being "that guy".

You see that little box next to [''] Reply With Quote with the label [''] + , that is the multi-quote button. You can use it for a similar purpose. Not for a whole thread, but for a couple of pages, you can click the ['']+ for each message you plan to reply... then if someone else answered it, you can go back and unclick the ['']+ and hit [''] Reply With Quote to reply to the remainder all at once.

Multi-quote is a good feature on busy threads

, Wow. And everyone loving on the Chemdog....big time WOW!!

hahaha.. Chemdawg FTMFW... just sayin....

Hey there Twox... great post on the terpines.... there's a shit ton more to it... IF our universities could study and test we'ed probably have a cure for cancer by now! Food for thought.

Example:

Limonene - there's different types and one is in testing over seas for cure for cancer!

You see that little box next to [''] Reply With Quote with the label [''] + , that is the multi-quote button. You can use it for a similar purpose. Not for a whole thread, but for a couple of pages, you can click the ['']+ for each message you plan to reply... then if someone else answered it, you can go back and unclick the ['']+ and hit [''] Reply With Quote to reply to the remainder all at once.

Multi-quote is a good feature on busy threads

I will play with that feature Rad, thank you man!

Back
Top Bottom