Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Have you ever fed coconut water to your plants

Yes I have Dave. Not regularly but I often pick up a few cans when on sale since my dog loves it. Especially find it excellent for young seedlings....mild tonic effect w/ good range of minerals. Believe it also has cytokinins that young seedlings love.

Beautiful plants and buds. Keep showing the purple animal kush to mine , showing her how to act. :)
Lovely buds on the sage and sour. Love your garden.
Got some cuts of mine just cause she looks nice and purple in veg.
Can't wait to see her in action.
Happy daze. :Namaste:

Just over your way.....your PAK looks tremendous. Your fans look far more purple than mine did...stayed mostly dark green until the end. The flowers start purpling maybe mid way before the leaves. Liking the herb more & more w/ a little cure. Tip of the hat to Nspecta....probably the King of Mendo Purple. Funny I was more into the MP side than the AC genetic as I have more CSI on the horizon.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Hey BL, fast question. Annunaki gentics? I didn' do enough looking around. I started that Tahoe Star. But after doing alittle reading about them.. Seems you slipped me a Annunaki Grape Romulan x Huckleberry Soda. Not sure if it was fem but looking at their site, looks like I should've tried it,, and still may even thou she might stay real small.. Kind of later to start another. But the Tahoe Star got more dirt tonight...

Keepem Green

Hey BL, fast question. Annunaki gentics? I didn' do enough looking around. I started that Tahoe Star. But after doing alittle reading about them.. Seems you slipped me a Annunaki Grape Romulan x Huckleberry Soda. Not sure if it was fem but looking at their site, looks like I should've tried it,, and still may even thou she might stay real small.. Kind of later to start another. But the Tahoe Star got more dirt tonight...

Keepem Green

All Annanuki strains are regulars. Breeder Adam told me that the Grape Romulan x Huckleberry Soda, if allowed to, can grow quite big so would be good outdoors as well as indoors. Check out his website....lots of great info. He lists detailed info on each pheno of every strain. His genetics rock. Could be just a matter of time before his gear takes off. Have communicated with him several times. He told me whole story of how he got into Black Cherry Soda. A rare & sought after cut down this way. Plus he's in WA so his gear should work well in your climate. :Namaste:

Morning Bl, I shoved a few thread fin shad bait fish in with the plants and Im going to go even lighter with the FF nutes, 1/3rd maybe. Im getting closer to organics!! :)
My yard grow looks great. I got 6 footers and all have had some training!!! The OG bananas are huge and I will watch for hermies. One I split the trunk way bad trying to train and no wilt!! A very poor tape job too. No wilt!! I wonder if this one will hermie first cause it was stressed??
I am almost a new grower BL and it feels like it with every grow. This yard grow is wonderful but It feels like my first. Damn its hard not to water too much. Especially when its hot. Wilt during the day but no wilt come morning. I read about watering pot and it says to wait till the dirt is dry down to the first knuckle. Thats still too wet I think. If the plant has a slight wilt in the heat of the day but comes back at night fall, wait till morning to water.
Great day!

Sweltering out here in NorCal.....104º today my way. Coastal fog is the air conditioner. Fog keeps it in the 80's & 90's day & mid 50's to mid 60's night. Kick off on the new garage set up. 11 seedlings born 7/1. Mostly watching tent temps & rH closely....ok so far. A little cooler & higher rH would be nice. Good to get back at it.

Here's the next line up. More details coming up.
91 Star - Top Dawg
A-Dub x Aliendog - OBSoul33t
Blood Orange OG - Pisces
Dedoverde Haze - HSO
Josh D OG - Josh D
Lost Coast OG - ETS
Puckin Genius - Cannarado
Slo’ Flo - CSI
Wildberry - Annunaki

Microbes & Mycorrhizae
Nothing is more important to my version of growing. I've been asked what I use. Here they are. 1st picture is The Core. Must haves for me.

IMG_362918.jpg

Xtreme Gardening Mykos & Azos.
They started off with the giant pumpkin growers in 2008. I started using them a couple yrs. later when they got into cannabis market & have used them ever since. I could do without Azos if I had to but would hate to give up Mykos. My go to mycorrhizae source.

Microbe Life Hydroponics
Plus C (in CA, Photosynthesis Plus is primary name).
If I could only pick one single microbe/mycorrhizae product to use, it would be Plus C hands down. Complex formula of 17 varieties. Imo nothing even comes close to it. Kicks ass. The best of the best imo.

Vegetable & Fruit Yield Enhancer
Exact same as Plus C but only 10 varieties. Some not needed in flower I guess. Best seller for them....maybe because of the name? Haha. I switch to this in flower ~3 or 4th wk. & use it until I stop.

Nourish
Not a microbe product but a fine humic acid source. I forgot to put bottle of Ful-Power in pic. It's another top notch humid acid.

OG Tea Veganic Special Sauce
A no brew tea. 13 varieties & a few other goodies....molasses, kelp, & rock phosphate. I used to brew a lot of tea. Just the old fashioned bacterial teas, not the complex nutrient teas I see a lot of these days. My brewer makes 3 gals., which was great for outdoors. But it is too much for inside. I got into VSS in 2014 & have rarely brewed any tea since. I really don't miss cleaning the brewer every time. Good at all stages & has a reliable tonic effect too.

The Role Players
There are many new microbe type products coming out. Many are specific function microbes. Here are a few I'm using or trying out.

IMG_363020.jpg

South Cascade Organics SLF-100
I've used SLF-100 (Submerged Liquid Fermentation) for 3 grows. It's now a mainstay. It's primarily an enzymatic product. It has specialty bacteria in it including BT, Pseudomonas Putida, & a couple more including one from Salt Lake region that breaks down salt. So has flush like effect. Anti-fungal, good against pythium & fusarium. The BT helps with gnats. The Pseudomonas is a phosphorous solubilizer. OMRI certification. This has joined The Core group for me. I love it.

Grocentia's MammothP
Lots of name recognition now on this one. Primarily a phosphorous facilitator/solubilizer. I've used it for 2 grows but haven't seen anything to warrant its ultra high price. I heard about it, wrote them describing a little of how I grow & they sent me a 250ml sample. Very nice of them. But at a $90 price tag for 250ml I probably won't use it past the sample...unless price comes down. For me the SLF does the same & more.

TeraGanix's EM-1
EM-1 (Effective Microorganisms) is LABS (Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum), a probiotic for microbes. Hypothesis out there that it may also promote trichome & terpene development. I've been meaning to try LABS so will give it a go w/ a gal. of it. Probably a keeper since science behind it sounds good to me. Google Dr. Teruo Higa.

Real Grower's Recharge
Only 10 varieties but the highest concentrations of most in any product I've used. Other goodies include kelp, molasses, fulvic & humic acids & aminos. If you want heavy artillery concentrations, this one will fit the bill. I give them a shot or two of Recharge in mid to late veg & early flower.

Ok....hope that this is maybe useful or at least interesting. Some of the newer growers thinking about maybe organics.....these are the armies that do the work in organic styles. Lots out there....these are just my choices.

This long update :tokin: has been fueled with some Dinafem Critical Cheese....a nice combo of 2 legit Euro skunks. Anyone see the flower pic in recent HT? Good little sativa. These older stalwarts are getting crowded out of the modern bus by all the exotics but still worthy.

IMG_357015.jpg
IMG_356715.jpg

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Nice looking nugs there BL!

I use the Mykos and the Azos in my soil I just mixed up. I also use a powdered humic acid in there as well (along with a lot of other stuff). I am definitely interested in a non brew tea to start using as well as a good recharge product. I might have to give your stuff a try. I am definitely sticking to all organic grows for a while (though aeroponics would be fun to try once). I love organic!

Have you ever fed coconut water to your plants

I've feed my micos that are feeding my plants coconut water and also use it as a foiler regularly when I feel like it. Has to be PURE coconut water... no preservatives and not sugar... or go to the Asian store near you and get a YOUNG coconut (the coconuts with the skin cut off), cut a hole... mix with water .. 1/2 cup to a few gallons of water and water in... 1/4 cup to a gallon of water and foiler on... girls go wild.

Very interesting products. So PSB in Mammoth don't workas advertised? Too bad, I wanted to try a similar product. And just my five pennies (or cents or whatever), if you want a proper microfungal population in your soil increase carbon to nitrogen ratio and keep recycling it.

Thanks for the break down of what you use brother. Much appreciated.
I've been trying to get my beneficial bacteria and fungus from the worm castings and bio char.
Kinda hit and miss for me. I will put much thought into you post there.
I'd get down on that cheese bud ;)
Happy gardening :Namaste:

Morning Bl, I shoved a few thread fin shad bait fish in with the plants and Im going to go even lighter with the FF nutes, 1/3rd maybe. Im getting closer to organics!! :)
My yard grow looks great. I got 6 footers and all have had some training!!! The OG bananas are huge and I will watch for hermies. One I split the trunk way bad trying to train and no wilt!! A very poor tape job too. No wilt!! I wonder if this one will hermie first cause it was stressed??
I am almost a new grower BL and it feels like it with every grow. This yard grow is wonderful but It feels like my first. Damn its hard not to water too much. Especially when its hot. Wilt during the day but no wilt come morning. I read about watering pot and it says to wait till the dirt is dry down to the first knuckle. Thats still too wet I think. If the plant has a slight wilt in the heat of the day but comes back at night fall, wait till morning to water.
Great day!

A young outdoor light dep. grower I know puts 1 whole fish per plant. He's a Durban Poison grower who sells to dispensaries. It was through him that I learned DP regularly colors up at the end. With the fish aminos helping even more, he produced some very pretty DP.

Sometimes in our NorCal heat you just have to water often....even daily. Using some mulch on top? Gorilla hair shredded redwood always worked well. Saves a lot of water. Give the wilting ones some silica....you will be surprised how just a bit helps a lot.

Very interesting products. So PSB in Mammoth don't workas advertised? Too bad, I wanted to try a similar product. And just my five pennies (or cents or whatever), if you want a proper microfungal population in your soil increase carbon to nitrogen ratio and keep recycling it.

I think it works as advertised but have only used it for 2 grows. What I meant is that I think it's rather expensive for what it does. They sent me a couple of 2 oz. samples along w/ the 250ml bottle. I followed directions & used up a 2 oz sample on each grow. The SLF-100 also has the Pseudomonas bacteria & is less expensive & more versatile. Will keep using the MP until I run out & decide then if it's worth the $. No solid reason for the high price imo. They'd probably still run a handsome margin if they cut the price in half.

Nice looking nugs there BL!

I use the Mykos and the Azos in my soil I just mixed up. I also use a powdered humic acid in there as well (along with a lot of other stuff). I am definitely interested in a non brew tea to start using as well as a good recharge product. I might have to give your stuff a try. I am definitely sticking to all organic grows for a while (though aeroponics would be fun to try once). I love organic!

I was a tea brewing fool when I only grew outside. I also made 5 gal. vats of enzyme "tea" from protein hydrolysate & soy meal. The brewer would always spew tea onto the garage floor & as said cleaning the brewer & pump afterwards became annoying. Not saying VSS works as well as well brewed tea but plenty good enough. You can brew the VSS if you want too. Teas are always a plus but not essential.

Thanks for the break down of what you use brother. Much appreciated.
I've been trying to get my beneficial bacteria and fungus from the worm castings and bio char.
Kinda hit and miss for me. I will put much thought into you post there.
I'd get down on that cheese bud ;)
Happy gardening :Namaste:

DK...I didn't go into my soil mixing part of microbes. Worm castings, Bu's Malibu Compost, GO's Ancient Forest Humus are what I generally put into the mix for microbes. I was kinda burnt out finishing the last grow & didn't mix soil in time so this time it's straight out of the bag style w/ only rice hulls for extra aeration & a bit of rock dust thrown in. Nothing that needed much time to break down. Do you make or buy your biochar? What brand if you buy? I ran out of the plain stuff. Have some Vital BioChar but it has guanos, rock dust, EWC & humus mixed in.

The Critical Cheese was a nice little surprise. It was an afterthought plant to fill the tent. Very skinny leaves & that nice Skunk outward branching that really helped w/ the penetration. She started showing some nice purple tones, which I didn't expect, & may have colored up nicely if I didn't decide to chop her. Great bud fragrance but that faded quite a bit after a couple of months.

:passitleft:

A young outdoor light dep. grower I know puts 1 whole fish per plant. He's a Durban Poison grower who sells to dispensaries. It was through him that I learned DP regularly colors up at the end. With the fish aminos helping even more, he produced some very pretty DP.

Sometimes in our NorCal heat you just have to water often....even daily. Using some mulch on top? Gorilla hair shredded redwood always worked well. Saves a lot of water. Give the wilting ones some silica....you will be surprised how just a bit helps a lot.

I think it works as advertised but have only used it for 2 grows. What I meant is that I think it's rather expensive for what it does. They sent me a couple of 2 oz. samples along w/ the 250ml bottle. I followed directions & used up a 2 oz sample on each grow. The SLF-100 also has the Pseudomonas bacteria & is less expensive & more versatile. Will keep using the MP until I run out & decide then if it's worth the $. No solid reason for the high price imo. They'd probably still run a handsome margin if they cut the price in half.

I was a tea brewing fool when I only grew outside. I also made 5 gal. vats of enzyme "tea" from protein hydrolysate & soy meal. The brewer would always spew tea onto the garage floor & as said cleaning the brewer & pump afterwards became annoying. Not saying VSS works as well as well brewed tea but plenty good enough. You can brew the VSS if you want too. Teas are always a plus but not essential.

DK...I didn't go into my soil mixing part of microbes. Worm castings, Bu's Malibu Compost, GO's Ancient Forest Humus are what I generally put into the mix for microbes. I was kinda burnt out finishing the last grow & didn't mix soil in time so this time it's straight out of the bag style w/ only rice hulls for extra aeration & a bit of rock dust thrown in. Nothing that needed much time to break down. Do you make or buy your biochar? What brand if you buy? I ran out of the plain stuff. Have some Vital BioChar but it has guanos, rock dust, EWC & humus mixed in.

The Critical Cheese was a nice little surprise. It was an afterthought plant to fill the tent. Very skinny leaves & that nice Skunk outward branching that really helped w/ the penetration. She started showing some nice purple tones, which I didn't expect, & may have colored up nicely if I didn't decide to chop her. Great bud fragrance but that faded quite a bit after a couple of months.

Bright, this is the Bio Char that I used. Not sure how much soil you generally mix but this worked well for me.

Green Texan Organic Farms Biochar Soil Amendment, 2.5 Gallons (2.5 Gal)

1666406306596.png

Hey brother. In the process of making my own. Like the thought of getting super local. ;)
Right now I'm using some from a guy in Cali that makes a tea called boogie brew. Think that's his company name as well. The wife ordered the boogie brew a few years back and it was awesome. Kinda pricey and I don't like making tea much, But the guy is open with his recipes. I got bio char and worm castings from them.
Happy gardening brother.:Namaste:

What's up BL... Loved the update and have been meaning to ask about the product similar to mammoth p... Im glad you brought it up again. I've been wanting to add a little something to my feeding scheduel. I've been looking at another product called winter frost from new millinium nutrients. I've seen a few growers using it that swear it works. Ive tried a few things in the past that I felt did a whole lot of nothing.

Wonderful list of genetics too... Are you popping whole packs or just single seeds?

Nice variety for your next grow BL. Many different breeders.
The "Recharge" How much fluid do you give each plant? How many ounces of fluid? Ive been putting about 32oz per plant after feed every 10 days. Maybe reduce to 12oz or less?? I mix it a 1/4% weaker than suggested. I burned some lil plants in small pots and not sure with what. The big plants are beautiful. So figuring when YOU use Recharge it would be in July and Aug a few times only?? Do you mix and give Recharge by itself or added to your nutes?? Your right my calmag has nitro and getting different stuff.
I guess trying to tweak things too much is normal. I need to remember how well my last two grows did by just FF by their schedule. Also thinking Ive read where a benefit to FF is potent weed??? My stuff sure is stoney. I just bought a gram for $15. called Dutchess, had to, and it was sweet tasting but a shitty stone.
I buyer for the club said Butane is made from fresh weed. Cured bud turns dark and undesirable, interesting. No Butane for me, smoking or making. Buyer said he pays $150.-200 for trim a lb. to make Butane, has to be dried but fresh.
So easy to over water when hot. Again, Im waiting till they show signs of wilt at day break not 2pm.
Thanks for your help BL and great day!!

Bright, this is the Bio Char that I used. Not sure how much soil you generally mix but this worked well for me.

Green Texan Organic Farms Biochar Soil Amendment, 2.5 Gallons (2.5 Gal)

Thanks Van. Will check it out. I've never used much Bio Char in my soil mixing. Mostly relied on samples so don't have one I prefer.

Hey brother. In the process of making my own. Like the thought of getting super local. ;)
Right now I'm using some from a guy in Cali that makes a tea called boogie brew. Think that's his company name as well. The wife ordered the boogie brew a few years back and it was awesome. Kinda pricey and I don't like making tea much, But the guy is open with his recipes. I got bio char and worm castings from them.
Happy gardening brother.:Namaste:

Boogie Brew is a NorCal company....Rohnert Part near Santa Rosa. Heard good things about it but haven't tried it. Like you thought it expensive. My teas were always simple & cheap to make. I bought a replacement hose end filter from them once. They sell a lot of interesting stuff for our interest.

What's up BL... Loved the update and have been meaning to ask about the product similar to mammoth p... Im glad you brought it up again. I've been wanting to add a little something to my feeding scheduel. I've been looking at another product called winter frost from new millinium nutrients. I've seen a few growers using it that swear it works. Ive tried a few things in the past that I felt did a whole lot of nothing.

Wonderful list of genetics too... Are you popping whole packs or just single seeds?

If you use or plan to use enzymes, SLF-100 is like enzymes & much more. Not the same as the Hygrozymes or ProZymes. Bacteria based. I use it from start to finish as it has multiple uses. About 1x per wk. Not cheap but not as costly as MammothP. I started w/ a quart & have moved to gallon size, which is a way better value. Would like to hear how like it if you decide to try it.

Just single seeds of the fems & pairs of the regs. 9 whole packs at once? Thanks, that's a compliment. Hahaha....I wish I had that kind of energy. I've been on a strain spree lately but plan to narrow the scope to learn more about some of them. Those seed sales are addicting.

Nice variety for your next grow BL. Many different breeders.
The "Recharge" How much fluid do you give each plant? How many ounces of fluid? Ive been putting about 32oz per plant after feed every 10 days. Maybe reduce to 12oz or less?? I mix it a 1/4% weaker than suggested. I burned some lil plants in small pots and not sure with what. The big plants are beautiful. So figuring when YOU use Recharge it would be in July and Aug a few times only?? Do you mix and give Recharge by itself or added to your nutes?? Your right my calmag has nitro and getting different stuff.
I guess trying to tweak things too much is normal. I need to remember how well my last two grows did by just FF by their schedule. Also thinking Ive read where a benefit to FF is potent weed??? My stuff sure is stoney. I just bought a gram for $15. called Dutchess, had to, and it was sweet tasting but a shitty stone.
I buyer for the club said Butane is made from fresh weed. Cured bud turns dark and undesirable, interesting. No Butane for me, smoking or making. Buyer said he pays $150.-200 for trim a lb. to make Butane, has to be dried but fresh.
So easy to over water when hot. Again, Im waiting till they show signs of wilt at day break not 2pm.
Thanks for your help BL and great day!!

Doesn't sound like we're talking about the same product 4D? The Recharge I have is a dry powder form of microbes. No liquid or mixing involved. I just mix in a small amt like 1/4 tsp per gal. Since I use other microbe products, I'll use Recharge 2 or 3 times a grow.

:circle-of-love: :peace:

When i run out of mammoth-p this grow im gonna try out the slf-100 and see which is better.. tbh i dont think ill be able to tell any differences but we will see. Plus i dont wanna pay 70 bucks for 250 ml of mammoth-p lol.. the recharge you have looks good as well. Im assuming they are organic. Lots of idea bubbles around my head right now lol.

When i run out of mammoth-p this grow im gonna try out the slf-100 and see which is better.. tbh i dont think ill be able to tell any differences but we will see. Plus i dont wanna pay 70 bucks for 250 ml of mammoth-p lol.. the recharge you have looks good as well. Im assuming they are organic. Lots of idea bubbles around my head right now lol.

Would enjoy hearing of your comparison results toasted. I spend a lot of dough on this hobby but sometimes things just seem too expensive, right? If you're looking to start adding microbes....I'd suggest the Microbe Life Photosynthesis Plus over the Recharge. Just the best imo. Less costly too. :Namaste:

Drive by. I'm one of the worse about LOS, or living organic soils. I use all organics with my outdoor girls. I generally don't feed much outside, unless she's real hungry, till rapid flowering, then I juice mine. But inside, now I come into it knowing I'm not going to save any soil, so a GOOD LOS takes awhile to get it up to snuff. I use fertilizers thru out flowering. Different strokes for sure.
I give much respect to LOG peoples and feeding a microbial world, they say it tastes better. BL you sure seem to have yours down to a science... Hey I'm finally getting ready to fire up my flower room. Bad breaker.. And I tore up my controller and timers for nothing.. I guess I should've tested the breaker before I broke the rest of the elecricial? Got 8 of these Black DOGs going in. I did make another commitment and I have afew strains I agreed to grow out for some pictures of the finished buddage. I do plan on taking a cut of that Tahoe Star before she flowers in my next tray of cuts. I can't grow enough of this Black Bitch to meet the small demands I need. BTW she's doing great. I'll get afew pic's of her on my next picture run. Last time I took pic's she wasn't in her best light so I culled the pic.. Sorry.
Just doing a drive by.. I'm so far back on looking in on friends, that I'll go from here.. And wait for some of your fine pic's of them beautiful plants... Keepem Green

Hey NCW....I think the LOS folks use their soils over & over. I love organics & especially my microbes but I never save soil either. Outdoors I re-used part of it but inside I change it all out every grow. Using 2 gal. pots I think the stuff is used up/spent after a good run....like "rode hard" already. Plus I know it has residual salts in it. Don't care what some say....I believe organics have salts too, likely less & from different sources like compost, guanos, & even the coco, but it's there. So I always start out with fresh dirt inside.

After hearing how much you like the Black D.O.G. I looked into it & ended up getting a couple. Blackberry Kush x Emerald Headband got my attention. The EH is an old California Breeders Association strain. Pretty much all their strains have remained unchanged for years. The website is still going but most seed sales now through Emerald Triangle Seeds, another of those UK companies selling lots of west coast gear, same as HSO.

CareStaker just showed pics of that Tahoe Star. He crushed it. Check out the pics. Sometimes you see a pic & just "know" it's some potent dank sh*t.

Back
Top Bottom