BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

He had to wire her up after this picture, so I'm really glad I snapped it. We'd have liked to keep her looking wild and natural, but there are other occupants under the flowering lights. Lol!

I'm using TTF in my own flowering tent as well, and by gosh, they're looking stunning too.

So she in hempy? Thinking about running one in straight perlite this round?

She's in used first-run kit soil in an Octopot using Texas Tomato Fertilizer in the reservoir. No top watering after the initial drench. From there on out its a simple 1 tablespoon per gallon of the correct nutrient, plus some CaliMagic, and it all goes into the reservoir. This is what you get, or at least what Brix got. :slide:

He also has a few hempy girls in veg at the moment. Another temptation I caught him up in. They're also Texas Tomato fed.

Are those Pineapple Chunks clones or 2 different seeds? Remember the Kit is designed for top quality with yield secondary. I'd wait to compare the 2 until they're done. Hydro makes great big plants too but the quality isn't close to what the kit puts out.

The Octopot is a hybrid system mimicking nature, where the roots seek water below the surface. Also the TTF is organic, not to say it is the same or better than High Brix.
Brixnewb is using leftover kit soil in the planter part, I was kind of curious what sort of brix numbers he may or may not get.

I want to try this using Docs Kit but not totally sure the best way with this sort of system. I originally wanted to use an Octopot when I discovered the kit, and then I got a little excited when shiggityflip was doing this in his SIPS. Unfortunately he abandoned that journal before we saw the results. The SIPS are basically the same concept.

Are those Pineapple Chunks clones or 2 different seeds? Remember the Kit is designed for top quality with yield secondary. I'd wait to compare the 2 until they're done. Hydro makes great big plants too but the quality isn't close to what the kit puts out.

I'm pretty sure these were clones, which was why he decided to do the side-by-side. Brix grows incredible plants with the kit, both in quantity and quality. It was my search for an organic line for hempy that led to TTF and caught his eye. The plan is to compare after sufficient curing. They're only a week apart from flip, so they'll finish close together, or so we hope.

I'm really looking forward to his next attempt, when he has a better idea of what to expect. I tell you Neiko, she takes your breath away over and over again. If there was a way to combine the kit with these pots........

She grows under excellent lights. It may be part of why she feels like she's in a field. :battingeyelashes:

The Octopot girl is creating excitement, but in the background is the thrill of having three Purple Punches in flower at the same time, each flipped three days behind the leader. Amazing in frostiness and fragrance, and reputed to be incredibly tasty and potent, this chemovar will likely be an ongoing component of Brix’s garden for some time.

Yeah.... I’m working in his shadow. :green_heart:

Can’t stay away....

His Blueberry is still pushing out pistols like there’s no tomorrow. I’m stunned by the buds she’s stacking. I’ve never grown anything on this level.

She’s got the Blueberry funk going on. Nothing I’ll try to smoke. Lol!

He was thinkin’ she was ready to take. I did my best to convince him to give her just a little more time. He agreed, for now. :battingeyelashes:

Now this girl.....Lemon Lotus x Love Gift has a limonene expression at her third week of flower that seriously rivals Super Lemon Haze. I “brushed” up against her numerous times while taking this photo shoot. Lol! With over a month ahead for her to build on what I’m picking up already I can’t wait to try it after harvest. :slide:

Light is the engine that drives the grow. I’m thinkin’ Brix made a good choice with his top-of-the-line Timbers.

All three Pineapple Chunks were from seed. I believe the difference in yield is a function of the Octopot, not the Texas Tomato. I am going to eventually see what kind of results I can get from trying to adapt the kit to the Octopot. And yes, the jury is still out as far as the quality goes, but I have two controls to compare, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I thought I’d treat you all to another photo spread of the luscious monster plants Brix has growing. I swear, he makes the kit look well worth the investment. These are some of the biggest girls I’ve been around, and I’ve been here long enough to see this is standard practice for BrixNewb. :battingeyelashes:

I’ll lead off with the Octopot Pineapple Chunk. She had to be cinched up to keep her from conquering the space, making her much more difficult to show off. Her sheer size, and the dramatic way she bulks up day-to-day make her a garden favorite. If we can find a way to couple this Octopot to the kit.....

The smaller specimen in kit soil is building some righteous buds herself. I missed getting a picture of her in the tent, so I’ll be sure to get some posted when lights go back on tonight.

The girl that makes me gasp these days is the tall and lovely Lemon Lotus x Love Gift, looking like she’s gonna give the Octopot girl a run for the money, growing in first-run kit soil. She’s just starting to build the bulk into her buds.

Her sister plant had a more controlled childhood and maintained an easier-to-control profile.

Just as f-r-o-s-t-y! :slide:

Sitting next to the little sister is the most magnificent Blueberry.....

Yeah....go ahead and zoom in. I dare you. Lol!

Last, but not at all least, the Purple Punches, flipped three days apart from each other and roaring into harvest one afternthe other. At least one may come down before I head off on my next trip next month.

What a difference three days can make. From youngest to oldest....

I’ll be gone three weeks from the 9th on. By the time I return it’ll be a whole new world in Brix’s tents.

Those pictures I promised of Brix’s other PC. Enjoy :battingeyelashes:

She stands 24” from the soil, strong branches supporting thickening buds covered with healthy trichomes. A quintessential kit plant in full bloom, strutting her stuff.

By comparison, the plant in the Octopot stands 52” from the soil. Her buds are so huge the branches are almost all tied up and she’s rigged to the frame to keep her upright. Lol! What a sight she is up close. We all come by every night to stand in awe.

Next to her the Lemon Lotus x Love Gift that got away in veg, standing an intimidating 59”, and he hopes she’s done going verticle. Her branches are quickly filling up. She smells of a citrus cleaner, where her sister smells more sweetly citrus.

The man can grow circles around me, for sure. He does consistent work, from what I’ve witnessed. Makes me smile that he means it when he says he’s still a Newb. Yeah..... it’s a joy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom