BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

Let me give the youngsters some time in the spotlight.

I haven’t paid as much attention to the veg tent, blinded as I’ve been by the glittering flowering tent. Lol! Let’s correct that oversight.

This girl is performing the function of mother.

@Jgrowlove, this has to make you smile. :battingeyelashes:

@Morglie, I’ve managed to move your genetics into the realm of another grower. :battingeyelashes:

I’m really enjoying staying here. :slide:

I still haven't been able to flower the royal gorilla clone you saved for me! I have been focused on getting clones to root which has been a journey so far. I've ordered peat plugs to try but I definitely miss my favorite chemovar! Platinum Scout V2 has been treating me well tho! Amazing work you all are doing with these plants. I also have a Zam x Pan flowering that was gifted from your garden! Her clones took in a week compared to the month I've been waiting on the R.G.

I still haven't been able to flower the royal gorilla clone you saved for me! I have been focused on getting clones to root which has been a journey so far. I've ordered peat plugs to try but I definitely miss my favorite chemovar! Platinum Scout V2 has been treating me well tho! Amazing work you all are doing with these plants. I also have a Zam x Pan flowering that was gifted from your garden! Her clones took in a week compared to the month I've been waiting on the R.G.
I have been going through it with cloning lately myself. I used to take clones no problem. Lately it is as if I am in the twilight zone. But I have some new methods on the horizon. Royal Gorilla seems to be a lanky girl. I am going to get a clone of her before I flip. I am interested to see how these Zam Pans come out, might have to toss one in an Octopot!

Let me give the youngsters some time in the spotlight.

I haven’t paid as much attention to the veg tent, blinded as I’ve been by the glittering flowering tent. Lol! Let’s correct that oversight.

This girl is performing the function of mother.

@Jgrowlove, this has to make you smile. :battingeyelashes:

@Morglie, I’ve managed to move your genetics into the realm of another grower. :battingeyelashes:

I’m really enjoying staying here. :slide:
Awesome! I'm always happy to see my seeds spreading around the neighborhood.

I have been going through it with cloning lately myself. I used to take clones no problem. Lately it is as if I am in the twilight zone. But I have some new methods on the horizon. Royal Gorilla seems to be a lanky girl. I am going to get a clone of her before I flip. I am interested to see how these Zam Pans come out, might have to toss one in an Octopot!
Humidity levels make a big difference when you're cloning. I know quite a few of us battle with low humidity in the winter. Do you bag your clones? That's the only way I've found to reliably clone.

I'm no where near bring a green thumb grower, I've had terrible luck trying to clone. I tried a clone bucket with water mist every fifteen minutes , put in a produce bag but my best results is just cutting my clone, putting it in a glass of water, stick it in the window and within a week I have roots, stick that straight into soil and off we running . It seems the harder I try the more I failed...... Just my 2 cents.....................:peace:

I'm no where near bring a green thumb grower, I've had terrible luck trying to clone. I tried a clone bucket with water mist every fifteen minutes , put in a produce bag but my best results is just cutting my clone, putting it in a glass of water, stick it in the window and within a week I have roots, stick that straight into soil and off we running . It seems the harder I try the more I failed...... Just my 2 cents.....................:peace:

You make a good point. He fusses over them, trying to will them into growing roots. Lol! I understand where the anxiety comes from. There are fewer steps that intimidate more than propagation. No one wants their cuts to fail, the way we all want our seeds to germinate swiftly. Our tents have timelines and production quotas to maintain.

I took two cuttings and dropped them down into the same tent under identical conditions. Mine burst forth in root in a week, the fastest I’ve ever rooted cuttings. What do you think the main difference could be? Genetics certainly comes into play, but I’d peg it at expectation, that little personality quirk that determines the outcome.

I placed my cuttings, handled from cut to bagging with the absolute expectation that they’d root in time for me to get them potted before I left for my next trip. Then I forgot about them, other than opening them every three days to reinflate with more exhaled CO2.

I think Brix expects to have trouble cloning, and so he does. He checks on them and jiggles them. It surprises me, because in just about all other respects his expectation is that it’ll all work out, so why stress? My God, the man stops me from tipping over the edge to panic all the time. Lol!

We’re working on soothing the energy and creating a more casual sense of expectation. Because the truth is as you stated it, they’ll grow roots in a cup of water in low light. I’ve done the same. Shoot...Pot Chimp clips them from the mother and sticks them right into the soil. We overthink. Lembatoast’s bag method works like a charm. It works better if you expect it to, and let it do its thing.

Brix had the Octopot girl exposed for picture-taking last night, and I couldn't resist. :battingeyelashes:

Big, meaty buds on this baby.

That's just the tip of the branch. The buds continue all the way back to the stem. :slide:

She's not showing any of the fade her sister in HB kit soil is going through, but she's also not showing any colorful purpling of the leaves.

The reason I was able to get those pictures was because Brix'd pulled out the tall and statuesque Lemon Lotus x Love Gift. Feast your eyes on developing frostiness. She has weeks to go.

The most beautiful plants he's growing are the Purple Punch trio, all running to the finish line now. I got caught up in #3, the youngest, who was a serious distraction while I was trying to photograph the Octopot girl. Lol!

Gosh..... I'll miss all these plants while I'm gone.

Both Pineapples seem to be showing some serious deficiencies. What's that about?

Not sure what it is with the kit, but we’re pretty sure the problem with the Octopot girl was a Cal/Mg deficiency. We’d attempted to go without the Cal/Mg addition in both our gardens and discovered it’s not a good idea in either medium. A living soil takes care of that.

The cal/mg problem settled down quickly, but that leaf damage stays to the end.

Those pictures I promised.

In another week that branch will look like this one. :slide:

Both Pineapples seem to be showing some serious deficiencies. What's that about?
I am all ears if you have any suggestions. The Pineapple Chunk in the Octopot was getting the same regimen as Sue's girls aside from CalMag, so I chalked it up to that. Beyond that I haven't a clue.

The kit girl I am going to guess ran out of energy. She got a Rescue Drench, but the fade continued.

With the white spots I'm seeing on the leaves, I'd put them under a scope and inspect them.

The spots are lighter, none that I would consider white, but any time I get spots of any color, that is my first course of action. There was nothing I was able to spot, I believe it was something nutrient related. This is my first time ever with bottled nutes, so there is a bit of learning going on.

With the white spots I'm seeing on the leaves, I'd put them under a scope and inspect them.

I’ve seen it up close. There are no mites. :battingeyelashes:

I am all ears if you have any suggestions. The Pineapple Chunk in the Octopot was getting the same regimen as Sue's girls aside from CalMag, so I chalked it up to that. Beyond that I haven't a clue.
The kit girl I am going to guess ran out of energy. She got a Rescue Drench, but the fade continued.
I wish I could offer some help but I'm an artificial nutrient user. I have followed a few grows of LOS and when they get deficiencies I go with "get supplements and give them what they need!" But some LOS growers hold fast to the "it's in the soil" method while their leaves shrivel around them, which means it's not in the soil! I say "harvest before pride."

Back
Top Bottom