BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

Ahhh....
Of course. Gotcha.
Damn it.... something else that doesn't fit my plans.
You could always keep doing what you're doing and run some of those hydro tables (without the legs, maybe they are flood and drain pans? I don't know) on the floor. Get an electric pump and when it gets too high pump it into the toilet. But I would recommend at least giving the Octopot a try. I am excited to get this Pineapple Chunk in the jars, I expect at least 2-3x the yield of her kit sister, just not sure about the quality.

@BrixNewb I would use the airstone on a cycle timer. Transplant is pretty thick IMO.
You know, those were my thoughts, but I talked with the guy who invented the Octo, told him what it was derived from and that it was thick as can be. He said he used something similar and that it was fine, although it did create a film on the bottom of the Octopot. But I am right there with you. Going to be monitoring the res and I have the timer, air stone, and pump ready to go on Amazon.
That would cut down on the attraction to pests.
Exactly. Another great highlight of the Octopot.

I've got many drainage ideas in mind as far as complicated drainage... but they kinda all require elevated pots of some sort.... I'm squirmin hard to try to avoid cutting down headroom. I may end up having to sacrifice 6".
Well it sounds like you have it figured out. I don't think 6" will make much difference, you have a lot of height it seems. In my opinion, growing a really tall plant isn't advantageous unless you can get her branches to stretch out.

So the Octopot with DBHB kit is a no-go for now. Opened her up to see what we had going on and there was some white funk growing on the sleeve and the surface of the water. I am going to speak with the folks at Octopot about putting an air stone on a timer in the reservoir and see what they think. But for now, I cleaned everything up nicely, flushed the soil, and switched over to Rx Green nutrients.

So the Octopot with DBHB kit is a no-go for now. Opened her up to see what we had going on and there was some white funk growing on the sleeve and the surface of the water. I am going to speak with the folks at Octopot about putting an air stone on a timer in the reservoir and see what they think. But for now, I cleaned everything up nicely, flushed the soil, and switched over to Rx Green nutrients.

What had you given them up to this point? GE, Trans?

The tent is doing well. Got some new gear in there, hoping it makes cloning nice and easy for me.

full

There ya go! :high-five: Try not to fill the tent while I'm gone. Lol! Remember they eventually need space to flower. I've been caught up in the passion myself. :battingeyelashes:

Sorry to hear the kit project had to be pulled, but I'm thankful you didn't risk good genetics. I'm still holding out hope that the kit can be adapted. I think you'll be pleased with an RX Green Octopot. Get ready to watch magic again. :slide:

I'm watching beez with his techniques that keep the girls unblemished through flower and thinking "None of this applies to Octopot." It's kinda fun to be playing with a game-changer, isn't it?

There ya go! :high-five: Try not to fill the tent while I'm gone. Lol! Remember they eventually need space to flower. I've been caught up in the passion myself. :battingeyelashes:
Only two of these clones are for me. The other four are destined for new homes.

Sorry to hear the kit project had to be pulled, but I'm thankful you didn't risk good genetics. I'm still holding out hope that the kit can be adapted. I think you'll be pleased with an RX Green Octopot. Get ready to watch magic again. :slide:

I'm watching beez with his techniques that keep the girls unblemished through flower and thinking "None of this applies to Octopot." It's kinda fun to be playing with a game-changer, isn't it?
It's alright. I actually went ahead and got the pump and airstones, so I am going to talk to Chris and go from there. If I try the kit in Octopots again it will be in veg, the 3 gallon Octopots are back in stock and I have two headed my way. Until then, Rx Green will be tested. Although these guys using Mega Crop are having some great results, I might have to try this super simple method.

Although these guys using Mega Crop are having some great results, I might have to try this super simple method.

Keep in mind it's proclivity to suck up moisture and turn into messy gooey-ness. Store accordingly. My regular humidity causes it pretty bad... something tells me you might see the same. Still quite workable.... just messy.

Back
Top Bottom