BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

What's your regular humidity down there Tead? I'm looking at the MegaCrop when I run out of my current nutes.

At least 60%. Currently 80ish. Winter... summer.... doesn't mattah.
Occasionally during the winter a super-cold/dry front will blow thru and bring it down to the 30 range until the gulf air builds back in. Surrounded by water on all sides.

Oh, that's what mine runs and high 90s at night outside with the dew and the marine layer. Though rarely 80 during the day. If I go the MegaCrop route I'm going to have to sort out a way to keep my powder dry!

Vacuum seal them in usable batches.

Brix, I’m ordering a sample batch sent to my daughter for Jgrowlove, and I want to encourage you to at least order a sample of the new formula. It’ll be enough to get a run through to harvest, and it’s possibly the easiest method I’ve played with so far.

I’ve been smoking buds beez grew with Mega Crop, and I can tell you from personal experience there’s no difference I can decern in quality.

Vacuum seal them in usable batches.

Brix, I’m ordering a sample batch sent to my daughter for Jgrowlove, and I want to encourage you to at least order a sample of the new formula. It’ll be enough to get a run through to harvest, and it’s possibly the easiest method I’ve played with so far.

I’ve been smoking buds beez grew with Mega Crop, and I can tell you from personal experience there’s no difference I can decern in quality.
I would be interested in a sample. I will see what I can come up with.

I took the Pineapple Chunk Octopot/Texas Tomato girl down today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Very interested to get it dried and weigh it out. I busted a nug off the other day and got feedback that it was tasty.

Clones are looking good in the Clone King. Took one of Candy Cane just in case she proves to be a tasty chemovar. Excited for the Clone King to work it's magic.

Keep us posted please, what do you estimate for weight?
I will definitely post the numbers here once they are in. I hate to fathom a guess because I am always dead wrong. My top yielding plants have always snuck up on me. I think I could safely estimate a minimum of eight ounces though. This Octopot girl had at least 5 branches that had tops which would easily equal the apical meristem of a 3.x ounce kit plant.

Woof’nHoo! :high-five: I think your estimate is right on. Can’t wait to hear the end weights.

TS just shared this Brix,

When Greenleaf Nutrients changed the formulation of Mega Crop some time around the middle of last month, it added a coupon code to get the 750g size for free (plus shipping), too. But it doesn't seem to be mentioned on its website (the 300g coupon code still is). Instead of choosing the 300g (smallest) size and using "MEGACROPPROMO," people can select the 750g size and use "MEGACROP2" for the code.”

Hey Brix, like your clone/king...... Man things sure change in a hurry, I too can't wait to hear your results... I had busy week and came home last Sunday but having to go back soon, will let you know, may stop in for another tasty coffee.....
Meh, that Clone King is needing some pH down every 24 hours or so, so it isn't all rainbows and gumdrops just yet. You need to come on down, we are ready for you whenever you need to stretch your legs and recharge.

I weighed out my Purple Punches and they weren't as slim as I thought. They were both average size and gave 118g and 126g.

I made some cobs today. One out of Purple Punch, although she was a bit dry for cobbing and the other out of the Pineapple Chunk who may have been a bit wet for cobbing. Either way, I am giving them a go.

244g , not bad at all, good job...I have a large bottle of PH down and Up I'll be more than glad to leave with you. I don't have a need for them..
Haven't had time to stay up to date with all I follow, hope things slow down and little so I can catch up.....
I am surely not complaining. I actually have a large bottle of pH up and down that I picked up recently myself, so I appreciate the offer, but stash them away, they may just come in handy one day.

I go in waves where I don't check the forum for a long time and then I will check on it every now and then. That's life.

The weight of the Octopot Pineapple Chunk fed with the Texas Tomato is in! 323 grams, so about 11.4 ounces. Numbers are cool and all, but I am hoping to get a smoke report tomorrow.

EDIT: I totally forgot about the 42 grams of semi-dried bud that I took to make a cob the other day, so I think it's safe to say she gave 12.5 ounces dry.

Thanks guys. For my first ever full run on nutes other than the kit I am really surprised. I have a kit Pineapple Chunk coming down in about a week, so I will be getting comparisons or yield, smoke, and bag appeal.

It took up about 3x3 actually. I think four plants in a 6x6 would be the perfect Octopot set. Some kind of trellising or scrogging would be needed, but yields would be great. This plant was completely wild and untrained, I simply tied up what was flopping.

Jgrow, if I can get this yield from an Octopot plant with some CHEAP! ($100 for 4 gallons and you only use one tablespoon per gallon) tomato nutrients, ANYONE can take an Octopot and get these yields. I have a notorious black thumb.

Back
Top Bottom