BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

So the Texas Tomato/Octopot Pineapple Chunk has been smoked by two different people who are very familiar with my produce. Both of them rate the high and the taste (despite any real cure) to be top notch. This is very good news and in a week or two I should have some kit Pineapple Chunk available for them to do a direct comparison.

@Rooster1 also stopped by and had a sample of the Octopot/Texas Tomato Pineapple Chunk, maybe he will chime in with his thoughts on it.

Hey Brix you know when I left your place I was as high as a Georgia Pine, I found it to be very smooth and I'm not the best in describing the effects other than it worked well for me. Being a heavy all day user it's hard to find something that slaps me and I realize I'm comfortably numb............. it did, and I was..... I'll have another go at it in the morning and see if this ole bird can be a little more descriptive.

Hey Brix you know when I left your place I was as high as a Georgia Pine, I found it to be very smooth and I'm not the best in describing the effects other than it worked well for me. Being a heavy all day user it's hard to find something that slaps me and I realize I'm comfortably numb............. it did, and I was..... I'll have another go at it in the morning and see if this ole bird can be a little more descriptive.
I think that says it just perfectly myself. Glad you liked her. Next time you swing by I might just have a fresh batch of capsules.

Ok I crawl out of bed this morning around five , put on the coffee pot and made me a PC / Octopot happy stick and proceeded with my morning wake and bake, I found that was only halfway finished when I realized I had set it down...... put a fork in me, I was done......curious as to how the kit will compare .......
I should have some kit Pineapple Chunk ready for the testing next time you swing by!

The weight of the Octopot Pineapple Chunk fed with the Texas Tomato is in! 323 grams, so about 11.4 ounces. Numbers are cool and all, but I am hoping to get a smoke report tomorrow.

EDIT: I totally forgot about the 42 grams of semi-dried bud that I took to make a cob the other day, so I think it's safe to say she gave 12.5 ounces dry.

Damn! That’s all I have to say until I see it. Lol!

:yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Had to do a little dance though. Lol! I knew it. :yahoo: Some promising smoke reports going too. :green_heart:

Nice pull on the punches too. Jim’s little Punch has me excited in ways your lovely woman may greatly appreciate, but OMG, do I miss your gardens Brix. More than that I miss my housemates. :hug:

Missing my own girls something fierce. I do believe it’s time to start the acquisitions for an Octopot Carnival SCROG, don’t you? Would you make sure to get a pot for me and I’ll repay you?

Ok I crawl out of bed this morning around five , put on the coffee pot and made me a PC / Octopot happy stick and proceeded with my morning wake and bake, I found that was only halfway finished when I realized I had set it down...... put a fork in me, I was done......curious as to how the kit will compare .......

I’d already shared with you that the Royal Gorilla is Royal Seeds version of GG and you’d be welcome to try, but it sounds like the PC may be what you were searching for. Well have RG next stop anyway. Variety is the true spice of life. :battingeyelashes:

Damn! That’s all I have to say until I see it. Lol!

:yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Had to do a little dance though. Lol! I knew it. :yahoo: Some promising smoke reports going too. :green_heart:

Nice pull on the punches too. Jim’s little Punch has me excited in ways your lovely woman may greatly appreciate, but OMG, do I miss your gardens Brix. More than that I miss my housemates. :hug:

Missing my own girls something fierce. I do believe it’s time to start the acquisitions for an Octopot Carnival SCROG, don’t you? Would you make sure to get a pot for me and I’ll repay you?

Some VERY promising smoke reports actually. Combine the numbers from the Octopot with the reviews from the Texas Tomato and I think we have found a heavy yielding, easy way for solid results.

The Purple Punch girls are doing well, I weighed the last one and she was right at four ounces, so not a bad yield from them, I wasn't giving them the credit they deserved.

I have one order left to place with Octopot, but I am going to experiment more before pulling the trigger. But you can order one Octopot whenever you are ready, they have free shipping.

I’d already shared with you that the Royal Gorilla is Royal Seeds version of GG and you’d be welcome to try, but it sounds like the PC may be what you were searching for. Well have RG next stop anyway. Variety is the true spice of life. :battingeyelashes:

I was talking with Overlord about the Royal Gorilla yesterday actually. The buds are nice and frosty, but the leaves didn't get any frost. The lower buds are probably ready, but it has all white pistils at the top, so she has a ways to go in my opinion. That Candy Cane is looking pretty tasty though!

I finally am flowering the mother of that Royal Gorilla. She's in a hempy bucket. She's very special you will see soon.
:ganjamon:
IMG_20190126_013028.jpg

IMG_20190126_013038.jpg

I finally am flowering the mother of that Royal Gorilla. She's in a hempy bucket. She's very special you will see soon.
IMG_20190126_013028.jpg

IMG_20190126_013038.jpg

Look at her praying to the indoor sun J. :yahoo:

Yours got bigger than mine. Lol!

Some VERY promising smoke reports actually. Combine the numbers from the Octopot with the reviews from the Texas Tomato and I think we have found a heavy yielding, easy way for solid results.

The Purple Punch girls are doing well, I weighed the last one and she was right at four ounces, so not a bad yield from them, I wasn't giving them the credit they deserved.

I have one order left to place with Octopot, but I am going to experiment more before pulling the trigger. But you can order one Octopot whenever you are ready, they have free shipping.

I was talking with Overlord about the Royal Gorilla yesterday actually. The buds are nice and frosty, but the leaves didn't get any frost. The lower buds are probably ready, but it has all white pistils at the top, so she has a ways to go in my opinion. That Candy Cane is looking pretty tasty though!

Feel free to harvest the two indicas if they look like they can’t wait Brix. I think the lady of the house will appreciate both chemovars. I’m gonna try to hold onto some of the It’s It Punch so she can sample that too, but I make no promises. Lol!

And *Boom!* :thumb: on the Punches. Soon we’ll have another to try. I think this one I found may be special. :slide:

Look forward to it man. I also have one just flipped into bloom.

Feel free to harvest the two indicas if they look like they can’t wait Brix. I think the lady of the house will appreciate both chemovars. I’m gonna try to hold onto some of the It’s It Punch so she can sample that too, but I make no promises. Lol!

And *Boom!* :thumb: on the Punches. Soon we’ll have another to try. I think this one I found may be special. :slide:

The Royal Gorilla isn't ready in my opinion. The Candy Cane probably is, but I want to give her time to bulk up in case I am wrong.

That's awesome, everyone loves the Punch I have, surprised you do as it's pretty heavy on the indica parentage.

Hey Brix, thanks again for the ride home caps....... makes such an nice trip, I rolled in around ten last night. I wish I had got a little PC/kit to do my morning W&B..... Hell they both are good, but I'm thinking the kit may be a little better.....just my 2 cents......

No problem bud. Glad you made it with no issues. I totally forgot to get you some PC-Kit, next time I will make sure you get that and a PC-Octopot if you are out so you can do a little side by side.

So I had a friend come by last night and pick up some Pineapple Chunk, both the DBHB Kit version and the TTF version. His instructions were to try them both and pick his favorite. He says that the DBHB Kit version is better in every way. That's contradictory to my previous tester who liked the TTF version better, but we all know personal taste can play a role in these things. I am still going to get Rooster1 to do a blind taste test and give us his results, but it is definitely getting interesting.

Today I am picking up Sue from the airport, but I am also picking up two different (and new to me) nutrient lines to try out as well as my two 3 gallon Octopots that I will be using in veg. I have a plant ready for to flip that will be going in my 6 gallon Octopot, but I need some room to free up in the bloom tent first.

If I remember correctly those pineapple chunks were two different seeds right? Could be different phenos I'm guessing. I'm planning on investing in a octopot as well. You can't beat that yield!!
Yes, they were indeed seeds, but the plants were all very similar, I would say if they weren't the same pheno, the phenos are very homogeneous from my experience.

I’ll be testing the two plants’ buds for him, as part of his ongoing, casual research. Tomorrow I’ll try a bud marked PC #1, and the day after PC #2. We figure first thing in the morning should give a decent evaluation.

Just dropping off some teaser shots. The shorter Lemon Lotus x Love Gift is coming down tomorrow, so he pulled her tonight. I grabbed a few shots that’ll get posted tomorrow when I get moving around.

I couldn’t leave you all hanging. :battingeyelashes:

More tomorrow, I promise. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom