BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

@Rooster1 I really appreciate you diving right into the testing there for me. So one important thing to note is that the PC2 you had was not the same Pineapple Chunk that Sue had for PC2. You actually had the Octopot/Texas Tomato Pineapple Chunk for PC2. So you actually chose the heavy yielding, easy to grow Pineapple Chunk.

That being said, the results all around have been divided about half and half. So that tells me, and Sue agrees, that between the kit and the Texas Tomato Food/Octopot setup, there really is negligible difference. I am interested to see how that changes with a cure over time, although I think the findings will remain constant.

Thanks again @Rooster1 I really appreciate you being a guinea pig for the cause!

Any time......it was all my pleasure and still is a matter of fact....Headed to NC tomorrow and will be back your way some time next week. I'll let ya know......
Just give us a shout!

So today I put my second Lemon Lotus x Love Gift from Bodhi into jars. This is a kit plant, the second of this strain to come down. The first got stellar reviews, 10/10 they said. So the second one was pretty tall, Sue says 59 inches from the soil. She set a new yield record in the kit, 212 grams, 7.47 ounces. I guess the kit heard I was thinking about kicking it out and got to working overtime.

Oh my goodness... it was a beautiful plant, tall and stately, shooting out sativa-like flower buds over the entire range of her. I took a chance on her and did a little test for Brix. We don’t know if she’s got indica terps running amok, but given her stature and bud presentation and that strong citrus snap she gave off I felt safe.

The bong was freshly-cleaned for the day and I hadn’t had anything cannabis-related for hours, so what the heck?

Sticky as she could be. Fruity, funky, a mix that intoxicates. Brix was jarring up and the perfume filled the room with a fragrance that brought an appreciative smile to both of us. :battingeyelashes:

Four little hits, the first so powerful I thought I might have floated into the room to speak to Brix. Lol! She had me talking pretty speedy for a time there in the beginning, chasing thoughts and feeling incredibly positive about my direction in life.

Brix patiently stood and let me unleash. Lol! In time that settled to a need to get out and walk in the elements, so off I went on a stroll. Back at the house it was a good 4-5 hours before I stopped to add another chemovar and slip back to standard sativas.

It’s coming up on 9 PM and I never once felt the urge to nap. Lemon Lotus x Love Gift was a tasty debutante that brought in a hefty harvest. Who doesn’t appreciate in excess of 7 oz? :yahoo: I tell ya, it’s the Brix effect. They want to impress him. I can understand that. :battingeyelashes:

Kudos to the kit‘s energetic soil community, those Timber COBs that drive his grow, and to Bodhi seeds for the amazing genetics. She was fun to watch, wasn’t she?

Time for the next wonder to step forward.

Awesome, I look forward to hearing his thoughts.

As do I. :battingeyelashes:

Photo dump that’s mostly this rediculously beautiful Candy Cane Brix is growing in an Octopot with RX Green Technologies. :woohoo:

Yeah.....intimidating, but only if I let it be.

Oh look!......a new emoticon! :meditate:

tent is looking great brix
:headbanger:

Thanks, I call it the "SweetSue Effect." She brings these new ideas into the space and next thing you know you are trying new things and liking it. Crazy.

Gorgeous healthy tent brix!!! Just put a candy cane into flower myself!
:Rasta:

Nice man. This one is QUITE the looker, probably one of the healthiest plants I have ever grown. I can say that RX Green makes a pretty plant, and she is QUITE frosty as well. Interested to see what kind of reviews I get from her. The smell is something!

I had bought an aerocloner a little while back and I took it out of the tent tonight, just can't seem to get it to work for me. I bought it because I was having some issues with taking clones all of a sudden. I think my temps were a little lower than clones like, so today I got a seedling heat mat with a temp controller, so I am interested to see my cloning getting back on track.

I've had such good success (like at least 95%) doing the covered perlite cloning. It's ease and simplicity are additional pluses on top of the success rates.
I just couldn't imagine messing with plugs, sprayers, bubblers, heat mats, and whatever else. For me, it would be messing with perfection.
I have a clone a la Tead going right now. Working on figuring it out for my setup, but she is old and still looks good, much better than the rest. Think I didn't have her buried deep enough.

I've had such good success (like at least 95%) doing the covered perlite cloning. It's ease and simplicity are additional pluses on top of the success rates.
I just couldn't imagine messing with plugs, sprayers, bubblers, heat mats, and whatever else. For me, it would be messing with perfection.
How do you clone in perlite? Same as soil?

Back
Top Bottom