BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

So nice of you to wait patiently Rooster. :hug:

I’ll have more photos in a day or two. We’re moving me to my apartment tomorrow, and I’ll be a bit busy for a day or two, but I have some nice pictures to post.

I can’t leave you all hanging any more, so I grabbed some quick shots of the tents.

Things changed while I was gone.... o_O

Zamaldelica x Panama is jarred and being enjoyed by the lady of the house. It’s become a favorite really quick @Morglie. This one’s a keeper.

Purple Punch got flipped last night. Behind her is Brix’s Carnival in kit soil, ripe and ready for harvest.

Devil’s Carnival is building some seriously chunky flowers!

It’s It Punch is back behind the DC.

In the middle we have Vanilla Kush on the back wall and Northern Lights on the front.

Hope that’ll hold you all for a day or two. I’ll be back. :ciao:

I’ll load in particulars about their care tomorrow guys. I’ll be watching them for a few days so Brix can take his lovely off to play, so more photos will be coming. Lol! I’m feeling a bit photo-deprived. :laughtwo:

We harvested the Devil’s Carnival tonight, and I’m afraid I didn’t get any pictures of her magnificence before we chopped her up into naked branches.

I couldn’t leave you hanging any longer, so I took a few of the flowering girls. Enjoy. :battingeyelashes:

Jarring it up: Carnival

Brix and I grew sister clones of Carnival, and today I clipped the buds from the branches into the jars for him while he ran off to play with his lovely mate for the weekend.

It’s a special treat to be able to do this chore. It gives me a small way to repay their kindness and support during the transition to my new home and gives me time up close and personal with plants, both growing and in process.

This keeps up and I won’t ever feel deprived of cannabis pleasures beyond consumption while I’m on my hiatus. Plus it was a Carnival :circle-of-love:

She weighed in at 3.633 ounces (103 grams)

The apical cola came in at an even ounce. :high-five:

I kept the little bits that grow along the stem and teeny bits from the bottom of the pan for myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: These are one of my simple pleasures from a harvest, like candy.

Everything burns down to clean, white ash.

The taste and effect is consistent with Carnival, in my experience, which to be honest, has been extensive, contrasting the different Carnival flowers from different grows and mediums.

Fresh Carnival is a prized treat to those who grow the strain. I feel privileged. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

She’s a little harsh today, to be expected with no cure behind her. They’re solid, densely packed buds, just what one should expect from Carn.

I’ll give the jars a burp every day unti he returns. This was fun. :slide:

A little garden update for my host:

I’m watching the garden and house so my friends could go off and enjoy a deliciously raucous music festival, which temgives me daily access to his gardens again.

You all get to benefit from my joy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

First up, the veg tent, sorely neglected with the distraction of the flowering tent. Lol!

I pulled the CG pair out to better show you the contrasting phenotypes. Yes, they’re both female.

Then I tossed them back into the fray.

Hempy Zamaldelica x Panama is next up to flip, I believe. She’s taking up a significant slice of real estate in here. Imagine her in full bloom. o_O

Her replacement waits quietly in the background.

The showstopper is Brix’s apparently green pheno of Dark Devil Auto, looking like the finest DDA specimen I’ve had the pleasure to meet.

Can’t wait to get a taste of that girl. :slide:

While tending to the flowering tent my camera got a little carried away. :laughtwo: It’s getting a little crowded in there.

Ok, I’m done. The yawning won’t stop. :laughtwo:

‘Night. :ciao:

The IIP looks like it has a good bit of stretch.
Is that true?

:rofl: Just a tad. Lol!

They are all looking great @BrixNewb , looks like you are dialed in.
Do any of the nutes you have been testing stand out over the others?

Brix’ll be back tomorrow, but I can tell you the Texas Tomato Food is performing at least on the level of all the other expensive nutrient lines, and I believe Brix said he can get 4 gallons for $100.

I think TTF is coming out the clear winner, but I’ll leave the definitive answer to the master gardener. :battingeyelashes:

:rofl: Just a tad. Lol!

Brix’ll be back tomorrow, but I can tell you the Texas Tomato Food is performing at least on the level of all the other expensive nutrient lines, and I believe Brix said he can get 4 gallons for $100.

I think TTF is coming out the clear winner, but I’ll leave the definitive answer to the master gardener. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Sue,
I ordered the IIP as you know, they also sent me a free pack of 91 Punch, a pack of rolling papers and 1 pair of nitrile gloves. I noticed a 2018 date on the 91 punch, so may be why they are having the sale/discounts right now.

Anyway, did she stretch 2X, 3X? It is helpful to know. :nerd-with-glasses:

Thanks Sue,
I ordered the IIP as you know, they also sent me a free pack of 91 Punch, a pack of rolling papers and 1 pair of nitrile gloves. I noticed a 2018 date on the 91 punch, so may be why they are having the sale/discounts right now.

Anyway, did she stretch 2X, 3X? It is helpful to know. :nerd-with-glasses:

This picture was taken on April 5, five days before I left for San Diego. She was flipped right after I left town.

I’d say she went more than 3x the distance to the lights. :laughtwo: And you can see from the stem configuration how hard I worked to keep her contained, since my original plan was to finish her out in my tent, which is only 5.5” tall.

Plan for a stretch. Supercropping may be your best friend, although a tall roof in the tent should suffice, with some LST.

There is nothing you need to talk me out of, just ask and it would be done.
However, I seriously considered the GT, but would prefer something a little faster on the bloom times right now.

I can certainly understand that. I get by that with early harvest. When you chop the sativa two to three weeks earlier than normal you get a speedier buzz. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Have you tried TTF yet M’lord? So much going on I can’t keep it all straight. Lol!

Yes!
I used it on the 3 NL plants, have no complaints & is very easy to use.
Still nonetheless, 1 more grow with TTF & then I have some ideas for using the kit in the octo.

I’m looking forward to that. :yahoo: The original intent was to find ways to use the kit with Octopot.

Jarring it up: Devil’s Carnival

You know how you look at a plant while it’s growing and think, “She’s not gonna come up with as much as I’d like”?

Evidentially, Devil’s Carnival is a bounteous yielder for Brix. :laughtwo:

Final weight was 215 grams, or 7.58 ounces. :thumb:

It was a delight to jar up not one but two plants for him during my brief stay. I’ve asked him to call on me for future harvests and gardening assistance. This takes a lot of the sting out of temporarily being without my own garden.

I fly out in the morning for two weeks in Phoenix, where I’ll be spending time with Chris Scorpio, who conveniently lives close to the friend I’m going there to visit. I grabbed a few quick shots so we could say goodbye to the rest of the girls. I don’t know how often I’ll get out this way.

After my shower I’ll give the sweet bits a taste. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It’s been a pleasure documenting this garden for your enjoyment. I’ll do my best to get pictures to post every now and then. :circle-of-love:

The IIP looks like it has a good bit of stretch.
Is that true?
Absolutely true. I knew Purple Punch stretched a bit, but this one seems to take it even further. I would say expect 3x stretch, but I haven't seen her in person yet, only in the picture.

They are all looking great @BrixNewb , looks like you are dialed in.
Do any of the nutes you have been testing stand out over the others?
I have to be honest, between New Millennium, Mega Crop, and the Texas Tomato stuff, I am seeing negligible difference which makes Texas Tomato the clear winner to me. One bottle for bloom, one bottle for veg, and 4 gallons of the stuff is $100 shipped and you use 15mL to make a gallon. Ease and cost with great produce and yield.

Yes!
I used it on the 3 NL plants, have no complaints & is very easy to use.
Still nonetheless, 1 more grow with TTF & then I have some ideas for using the kit in the octo.
Good luck, you are a braver man than I.

Nice solid buds on that DC! :bravo:

Love the pile o' bits! :love:
Thanks GT, the Devil's Carnival has been a real popular strain out my way. I am going to keep popping seeds of her for a little while. Respectable yields, gorgeous flower, and the smoke has people going crazy for it.

Back
Top Bottom