Brown spots slow growth

Appreciate the advice guys, so I’ve discovered I can wipe it off if I rub it heavily with my finger so does that mean it’s mold? Also I have just started feeding I have always just used tomatoe feed for veg cheap option and works same as the expensive stuff IMO, and big buds during flower, of course with cal mag when needed etc
You can wipe if off ?!! Are we talking about the same thing, because this has got to be in the leaf, not on the leaf...

1661721384971.png

Do you have a microscope?

You can wipe if off ?!! Are we talking about the same thing, because this has got to be in the leaf, not on the leaf...

1661721384971.png

Do you have a microscope?
I do not have a microscope but it definitely wiped off to a point also the leaf then looked darker green and started wrinkling a little will show pictures now

Yeah, don't do that! @CelestialNurseries has the same leaf condition.

For now I think we've got to assume it's probably variegation and harmless. There is an outside chance that it's a little-known virus, and not much you could do about that if it was.

The interesting thing is, because of this thread I think I may have found the virus affecting one of my plants... it's the Cannabis cryptic virus (CCV). That plant I have cloned for many generations – all the clones are affected. I thought it was only variegation, but now I'm doubting that. This all opens up an opportunity to discover if there's anything that can eliminate the virus in my plant. After all, there are known anti-viral substances – I've just never heard of them being used in horticulture. I already have some ideas of what to try out.

happy growing! 🪴

Yeah, don't do that! @CelestialNurseries has the same leaf condition.

For now I think we've got to assume it's probably variegation and harmless. There is an outside chance that it's a little-known virus, and not much you could do about that if it was.

The interesting thing is, because of this thread I think I may have found the virus affecting one of my plants... it's the Cannabis cryptic virus (CCV). That plant I have cloned for many generations – all the clones are affected. I thought it was only variegation, but now I'm doubting that. This all opens up an opportunity to discover if there's anything that can eliminate the virus in my plant. After all, there are known anti-viral substances – I've just never heard of them being used in horticulture. I already have some ideas of what to try out.

happy growing! 🪴
If it's near and dear a tissue culture would probably clean it up..it works foe HlVd

If it's near and dear a tissue culture would probably clean it up..it works foe HlVd
Ah OK, so raise a bunch of tissue culture plants, and the one(s) that don't exhibit the symptoms *may* be virus-free. Apparently some of these viruses can live in the plant without presenting symptoms. Then we would need to talk about asymptomatic spread... oh no!! :eek:

Ah OK, so raise a bunch of tissue culture plants, and the one(s) that don't exhibit the symptoms *may* be virus-free. Apparently some of these viruses can live in the plant without presenting symptoms. Then we would need to talk about asymptomatic spread... oh no!! :eek:
Tissue culture is used to develop thousands of genetically identical plants from one single parent plant known as somaclones, and this process is known as micropropagation. The method offers an advantage over other methods as it can be used to develop disease free plants from disease-rode plants by using their meristems (apical and axillary) as explants.>>>Plant Tissue Culture - Types, Techniques, Process and its Uses

I also have two cbd plants currently growing with quite a bit of variegation on them. The markings are identical to those I see on your plant, tho mine are colored more yellowish. (can provide pics if needed)

It's my feeling that a virus wouldn't leave the leaf looking strong and healthy still, whereas variegation will. That's how I think of it anyway.

Agree with the others who said you didn't rub it off, you just bruised/damaged that leaf.

The big boys think of TC like a genetics vault...you can keep hundreds of genetics in storage forever in the space a fridge would take up...you want to run Ghost Train Haze again...just pull it out of the fridge and you got a 100% clean base to restart from
Your info is very helpful, I do still believe it’s light bleaching though because soon as I introduced my cfl light it’s been happening, I have now moved them a lot further away but they was like 10inch from the plant if not less. I had them too close, and also I did mist everyday as well for humidity sooooo put 2 and 2 together

I also have two cbd plants currently growing with quite a bit of variegation on them. The markings are identical to those I see on your plant, tho mine are colored more yellowish. (can provide pics if needed)

It's my feeling that a virus wouldn't leave the leaf looking strong and healthy still, whereas variegation will. That's how I think of it anyway.

Agree with the others who said you didn't rub it off, you just bruised/damaged that lea

Agree with the others who said you didn't rub it off, you just bruised/damaged that leaf.
Your info is very helpful, I do still believe it’s light bleaching though because soon as I introduced my cfl light it’s been happening, I have now moved them a lot further away but they was like 10inch from the plant if not less. I had them too close, and also I did mist everyday as well for humidity sooooo put 2 and 2 together
but that being said it does also look identical to variegation soooo we will just go with that and see how she turns out, I have another seed same strain same seed bank that is a couple weeks behind so we will see if she has the same

A cfl light is not enough light to do anything but start some seedlings or clones.

UPDATE: I moved my response to my journal thread, HERE.

Back
Top Bottom