Brown spots slow growth

I think it's spreading...:0

20220805_100015_HDR.jpg
Your lower leaves look like mine, how far and strong are your lights and do you mist your plants with water?

That was like a month ago..I will post a pic of #6 now in the morning when the lights come on...It was under a very soft 300 ppfd at around 14-18". I do foliar feed for some reasons but thats the only misting I do.
It’s either spider mites or light bleaching, I am hoping it is light bleaching as I did mist for humidity reasons and soon as I introduced my second cfl light that’s when it started but I am still unsure, hopefully someone that has had spider mites before can educate me properly

It’s either spider mites or light bleaching, I am hoping it is light bleaching as I did mist for humidity reasons and soon as I introduced my second cfl light that’s when it started but I am still unsure, hopefully someone that has had spider mites before can educate me properly
It's 100% not mites...and it's not the lights

I don't think it's light bleaching or light burn.

I'm going to guess that's its variegation – a common mutation causing a pattern on the leaf.

There are two main reasons I think this is so:

1) Your plant B was under the same lighting conditions and didn't show the pattern.

2) Plant A shows some telltale signs that this is genetic... consider the image below (false color):

leaf_variegation_analysis1.jpg

Notice leaf A and B both have identical display of the mutation, only on one side of the leaf. Leaf C shows a variation of this.

Variegation is a funny thing, because any particular plant can show a lot of the mutation, or a little, and here or there, or everywhere. My plants sometimes show this. I have a CBD phenotype that's riddled with it. But it's this "one side only" thing, in my opinion, that gives it away... genetic.

Good morning my friend., hope you are well.
Sorry your still having issues.
The white spots in the pic, do they wipe off ? Or are they on the leaf ?
You mentioned light, how far away are they.
Soil right. What kind of soil is in the cups?
What are you feeding?
Thanks, talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

PSX_20220828_015408.jpg

I don't think it's light bleaching or light burn.

I'm going to guess that's its variegation – a common mutation causing a pattern on the leaf.

There are two main reasons I think this is so:

1) Your plant B was under the same lighting conditions and didn't show the pattern.

2) Plant A shows some telltale signs that this is genetic... consider the image below (false color):

leaf_variegation_analysis1.jpg

Notice leaf A and B both have identical display of the mutation, only on one side of the leaf. Leaf C shows a variation of this.

Variegation is a funny thing, because any particular plant can show a lot of the mutation, or a little, and here or there, or everywhere. My plants sometimes show this. I have a CBD phenotype that's riddled with it. But it's this "one side only" thing, in my opinion, that gives it away... genetic.
So there is nothing to worry about it’s just genetics?

Good morning my friend., hope you are well.
Sorry your still having issues.
The white spots in the pic, do they wipe off ? Or are they on the leaf ?
You mentioned light, how far away are they.
Soil right. What kind of soil is in the cups?
What are you feeding?
Thanks, talk soon.

Stay safe

PSX_20220828_015408.jpg
I don’t believe it does wipe off I have tried and nothing, I think that is also water drops and light reflexion as it’s uv LED

I don’t believe it does wipe off I have tried and nothing, I think that is also water drops and light reflexion as it’s uv LED
If it doesn't wipe off it's in the leaf.
Not from light or dripping nutrients on her.
Actually something in her.
Is there anything unusual about the soil she is in?
What have you been feeding?

Stay safe

Bill, what beside variegation do you think this could possibly be? I mean, there's a chance – albeit probably remote – that it's a virus. Other than that, what?

I found this... another grower's indica seedling in 2020 had the same exact pattern as the OP's plant.

I think people mistake variegation for a virus, but depending on the virus, it could be hard to tell I'm sure. As for mosaic virus... it doesn't seem to be that one, because it's more blotchy and causes twisting.

Here's a photo of what mosaic virus looks like, from this post on 420...

1661673160640.png

Here's an informative article about 5 viruses that infect cannabis, and none look the OP's plant: CLICK HERE

BUT! one of them – the Cannabis cryptic virus (CCV) – looks similar to the pattern on one of my CBD phenos...

1661675598026.png

[source: Not the one, but the only one: about Cannabis cryptic virus in plants showing ‘hemp streak’ disease symptoms, Figure 1.]

The CCV involves both chlorosis (blotchy pattern) and leaf wrinkling.

Still doesn't explain the big white blotches.
Not variegated.
If it doesn't wipe off not surface mold.
So internal. Absorbed something or infected with something?

PSX_20220828_015408.jpg

Stay safe

Still doesn't explain the big white blotches.
Not variegated.
If it doesn't wipe off not surface mold.
So internal. Absorbed something or infected with something?

PSX_20220828_015408.jpg

Stay safe
That's not what the plant looks like today, and under normal light conditions.

This is what it looks like today (or yesterday, whatever):

1661678402425.png

I doubt the white spots on its former self under purple light infected the plant with something.

That's not what the plant looks like today, and under normal light conditions.

This is what it looks like today (or yesterday, whatever):

1661678402425.png

I doubt the white spots on its former self under purple light infected the plant with something.
Feed the poor thing.

Stay safe

Feed the poor thing.
Agreed... that explains the slow growth, and may explain her pale green color. She's lookin' good otherwise.

420blazedit said on Friday:
Just multi purpose compost I haven’t fed once yet and the ph fluctuates between 6.5-7.0
What are you planning to feed? I recommend something like Fox Farms' Grow Big liquid fert, and I'd stay away from molasses as it contains heavy metals (lead, arsenic, etc.) If you haven't already, good to get your wet/dry watering cycle dialed in as well.

It would be good to introduce some soil microbes, too, for example Mykos WP (mycorrhizal fungi) and Azos WP (beneficial bacteria), which can be watered in.

good luck and happy growing! 🪴

Agreed... that explains the slow growth, and may explain her pale green color. She's lookin' good otherwise.

420blazedit said on Friday:

What are you planning to feed? I recommend something like Fox Farms' Grow Big liquid fert, and I'd stay away from molasses as it contains heavy metals (lead, arsenic, etc.) If you haven't already, good to get your wet/dry watering cycle dialed in as well.

It would be good to introduce some soil microbes, too, for example Mykos WP (mycorrhizal fungi) and Azos WP (beneficial bacteria), which can be watered in.

good luck and happy growing! 🪴
Appreciate the advice guys, so I’ve discovered I can wipe it off if I rub it heavily with my finger so does that mean it’s mold? Also I have just started feeding I have always just used tomatoe feed for veg cheap option and works same as the expensive stuff IMO, and big buds during flower, of course with cal mag when needed etc

Back
Top Bottom