Brown spots slow growth

420blazedit

Hi, can someone please tell me why my 4 day old seedling has brown spots pics below. I did flush the soil 12 hours before planting seed as I found spider mites on my last attempt (2 weeks ago) so potentially overwatering? I haven’t watered soil since planting just light mist for humidity reasons

20966FDB-25D7-41DB-84B3-85FB73F39D96.jpeg

2A6426BD-E5D3-4C78-885E-76DFB5D1B840.jpeg

AC183F32-D8E0-4663-A985-D1390B35C981.jpeg

Oh Really okay thanks man, also should I introduce c02 to said 4 day old seedling or is it too early? I’ve looked around and getting different answers
I cannot answer for roy.... But just relax and take things slowly... You can only move as fast as the plant will let you....so adding a ton of variables to a new seedling is asking for trouble....

To start just get your wet and dry cycle down and then in a couple weeks when she has semi big girl leaves goin on then Start slowly introducing things.

The K.I.S.S method works everywhere in life....growing as well.

EDIT- the plant looks fairly healthy....the one "spot" looks like a piece of dried seed membrane on the leaf....and I cannot see the other "spot" from the photos.

Oh Really okay thanks man, also should I introduce c02 to said 4 day old seedling or is it too early? I’ve looked around and getting different answers
I think I'd wait until the plant gets bigger. To get the benefit from CO2 you need to up the temp and the light intensity, which won't help a seedling much!

Hi, can someone please tell me why my 4 day old seedling has brown spots pics below. I did flush the soil 12 hours before planting seed as I found spider mites on my last attempt (2 weeks ago) so potentially overwatering? I haven’t watered soil since planting just light mist for humidity reasons

20966FDB-25D7-41DB-84B3-85FB73F39D96.jpeg

2A6426BD-E5D3-4C78-885E-76DFB5D1B840.jpeg

AC183F32-D8E0-4663-A985-D1390B35C981.jpeg

Read that thread on watering.
Too early for c02.
Concentrate on building a proper root structure right now.
That is your objective now, grow those roots.
What do you have for nutrients? And root health?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for the help and advice guys, I’m just panicking as I haven’t grown anything for at least a year and I attempted 2 seeds over a week ago and both failed so just being extra cautious but I will leave them to do there thing, and to your question bill I don’t know if you remember me but I am still sticking to the tomato feed and molasses as it’s cheap and seems to do the exact same job as the expensive stuff I used to get

It appears to be stunted with first set of true leaves being deformed as 1 has grown normal and other seems to be gone possibly eaten?

AC78D5EF-6321-4805-9F62-92F6BDFEC9ED.png

1855225C-3CC7-4AB8-AE53-83F3652C1D72.png
Give them time and some light energy they don't look to bad.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Soil is still slightly wet (not soaking) and pot is still slightly heavy,

It appears to be stunted with first set of true leaves being deformed as 1 has grown normal and other seems to be gone possibly eaten?

AC78D5EF-6321-4805-9F62-92F6BDFEC9ED.png

1855225C-3CC7-4AB8-AE53-83F3652C1D72.png
Not looking bad at all patience my friend... Think of it this way would you give an entire book judgement after reading the first two pages? Similar here....she's just starting give her a chance to show you what's going on :)

P.s must give it more than a day when watching out for things lol

I love that trip leaf... Super cool...have you ever grown one of them out?
You can see it continues after the first topping. It starts to even it's self out after a while and the clones show no sign of continuing. The plant is to bushy in the middle and I usually kill these mutants quick but the wife is a scientist and she just had to keep her :)

20220806_093116_HDR.jpg

20220806_093204.jpg

20220806_093308_HDR.jpg

I've always had initial slow growth from seedlings where the first true leaves have issues, but they will normally power through it and be just fine. If they're autos it can be an problem if they stall too long, but with photos they have time to recover.

The triploid is cool, I've had mixed results with those, sometimes they're weak and spindly, others grow quite well. The lion's share of them that I've had turned out to be males, but that could be the luck of the draw.

Remember that the seed contains everything they need for the first part of their life, so don't try to feed them too early or you could burn them.

Like others said, focus on root building. That will go a long way to help the plant sort itself out.

Hi Bill I am doing well thank you sir, how’s yourself. And yes I am just a perfectionist I guess the second I see a problem I try correct it instantly probably just my OCD kicking it 🥹
I'm good thanks.
Patients is something this hobby has taught.
But in coco you can daily improvement at least.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom