Bud issue need help please

Aweedtec

I had a grow journal named Pistachio maybe. I lost that plant. The reason I lost it is that it veged perfect then started budding. Everything looked great then it just turned on a dime and went to hell.

I have the same plant growing again only this time I lowered the light didn't give it as much nutrients and put it from a 5 gallon to a 7 gallon felt pot.

It was thriving. Just got to the flowing stage again. And now one and a half weeks in I started seeing great progress where it looked like it was doing better than the other plant on the white hair production. This plant grows a puffy ball of white hairs then it fills it.

Well the last one went bad before the hairs grew big and puffy.

This time it passed that stage where the other one went bad and last night I thought everything was perfect. Thought within a few days I will see the puffy ball and all will go well...

Then I saw three aphids. I sprayed with neem oil and figured it would be fine

This am I wake up to this difference on the very top bud.

On the left is the top bud last night at 8pm before the lights went out.
On the right is what I woke up to this am.

I even raised my light four more inches to ensure they was no excuse for light burn.

I skipped this plants last nutrient hit which would have been last week because I didn't know if it killed the last one.

I used the Dr earth system to the letter.

Until this.

The last photo is of the plant itself. And the rest of the bud sites look fine.

And my plant is 24 inches from the light.

I need help before I do something stupid.

20240222_193401.jpg

20240223_110002.jpg

20240223_111639.jpg

You should not spray neem oil with the lights on (if you're growing indoors), cannabis plants in direct sunlight outdoors or in extreme cold or hot should not be sprayed with neem oil because it can burn the leaves, branches, and stems.

What light are you using, and what are room conditions?

You should not spray neem oil with the lights on (if you're growing indoors), cannabis plants in direct sunlight outdoors or in extreme cold or hot should not be sprayed with neem oil because it can burn the leaves, branches, and stems.

What light are you using, and what are room conditions?
I grew four plants under the same conditions in August to December and they were exceptional plants.

I didn't spray it until the light was about to go out.

Using shzlux 500w RH 54 and temp of 72.

Grow media is promix BX and Dr earth organic nutrients system.

pH of soil was 6.9 to 7 but it's exactly what it was for the last plants I grew.

I lowered the PH just a bit in my water but only to 6.1- 6.3. but I did that to make sure nothing went wrong this time because it was 7.1 on the last plant.

I don't believe me seeing three aphids on the plant caused that. Just no way it did that much damage in one night.

And I saw one this Am. But certainly no infestation.

Yes just the lady's loose on the plant in the room. The love aphids. You conditions seem appropriate. What was the height of your light before you raised it? Is it just the one spot that looks like the photo above, could always just pinch it off. I know worse case scenario. You don't want necrosis to take over.

Yes just the lady's loose on the plant in the room. The love aphids. You conditions seem appropriate. What was the height of your light before you raised it? Is it just the one spot that looks like the photo above, could always just pinch it off. I know worse case scenario. You don't want necrosis to take over.
Do you think it is rot? Or what else?

It's the very top bud. Which is what Infuriates me. Just yesterday I said I will avoid that top bud from burning if I have to remove it from the light

16 Inches. Now 19 inches.

It was Not burning at 16. I just wanted to make sure this didn't happen and lowering it one morning later it's messed up.

I also have a lemon haze plant.
And so does my roommate.

Yet...I've given my lemon haze plant only 1/2 to 3/4 doses of Dr earth.
My roommate gave his plant proper nutes from the start but after he has half assed it the entire way. I mean outright skipping feeding not even knowing when he fed it last. And double feeding it once even. And waters it like 48 ounces daily and his plant is perfection. Dark leaves.
Mine is getting yellower and yellowed even though I gave it Bloom booster yesterday it woke up this am lighter still not darker or even showing signs of getting darker. I know people say it can take more than a day to see changes but when I added nutes to my last plant when it was overdue it showed signs the next day clearly of darkening. Then it went bad out of the blue so I know nutes can change the color fast.

Im so let down from this I'm gonna quit growing if all three of my plants go off the rails.

And my roommate....for all I know is turning it into a competition and sabotaging my grows while his does great growing right next to mine.

Oh and his PH in his soil was lower than mine too. How? How in the hell is that even possible? All my plants are the same and his is lower PH and they all get the same water same soil.

This all blows my mind.

20240223_121541.jpg

Could just be damage from the spray and being close to the light. It might return to normal, it may not. Never a great idea to spray neem on a flowering plant, I would use it as a last resort for a plant in flower, one you plan to smoke. Your light is fine, most would run it closer than that. But you know what your plants like.

Roommate sabotage is real. Ive got a few stories. Ended a few friendships. Could always throw a cam up in your room...just an idea

Plants are weird. They can be identical or completely different. Watering it daily is never a good idea. The plant in wet soil all the time will never breath properly. It's always good to know when your pots dry, and to water in increments to allow the soil to properly absorb the water and nutes. His lower pH soil could be him skipping all those feedings. Salt build up from feeding to much or too frequent causes nutrient lockout. Then you have to flush the soil to get an appropriate pH level.

Ive already told him this is not happening again.

He kept wanting me to use his grow tent he purchased when I told him NOT to purchase it. But he did it anyway and then I didn't let him put 500w grow light in his tent in his room so he could hide his plant behind a locked door when he's not home. Ya know....since the lights and nutes are all mine. I bought it all. He paid for a tent I told him not to buy and every time a new problem comes up he would say.....you can use the tent ...like that's a fix.

I did tell him he could use 150w or 200w or he could pay more for electric and use one of the 500w. He just went silent. Like I should only charge low rent and then let him run up my electric bill so his being here benefits me nothing but expenses.

It won't end well if I catch him

This is the pistachio maybe plant. It's went through hell and got flushed and given a pint of peroxide with a gallon of water just to get it to start moving just a little bit. I doubt it will amount to anything but as long as I see new growth finally I will see what it will do.

This same plant strains mother plant produced half ounce cured buds.

It started budding great then turned to crap in two days.

Went from dark green to stretching great buds started then the leaves multiplied to the point it looked a bit lighter. It was time for some all purpose fertilizer so I gave it half a dose and it started darkening up the very next day.

The day after that it looked like it stretched some more. But oddly so.

Then the following day all the bud sites appeared burned up.

How in the hell does half a dose of Dr earth early bloom all purpose fertilizer do that?
It went from getting light stretching to burned up in a day. I thought it was root locked and pulled the plant out of the bucket. Entire plant. I inspected and thought maybe it was root rot. But it wasn't.
The roots were fine.
No smell no slime no dark roots although a few dark spots it was unprovable that it was rot.

And there was really no reason for there to be any rot.

It was watered every other day and if it was still heavy I would skip till another day.

I'm posting this plant because this is the first one that went from great to trash overnight.

20240223_125240.jpg

20240223_125210.jpg

Sound like you have been all over the place. I'm the same. I run em ugly till harvest. Some of my smallest harvest were literally the best bud. Quantity doesn't equal more quality. Not all fertilizer is equal. I have no experience with what your currently using, but I have had my fair share of ups downs. I refuse to give up on plants. Kinda like my kids. I hope your buddy isn't sheisty. Nobody gets a free ride! Don't feel bad for your decisions. Keep your head up and the plant will get better! Try not to jump around on decisions. I know it's hard but the only way to know is, make a change, wait, wait some more. Patience wins the race!

the pistil damage could be from the neem spray, nutrient issues, or mold. they all look a bit the same in photos. there's definite nutrient issues beyond that going by the last set of pics. the plant has hit flower and nutrient needs have changed.

are you using the liquid or dry version of dr earth and are you using all three parts ?

the liquid version is a lot smoother to work with. you can react to how the plant reads and adjust the liquid for changing issues with faster results.

the dry can be problematic. you have to anticipate needs and feed for them ahead of time. seen a lot of problems on the dry. neither are really cannabis specific but you can make them work.

most times i recommend a known cannabis specific nute and proven media for newer growers. i'd consider going that way if you continue having issues dialing it in.

i'm leaning to a nutrient issue on this but i'd be more certain if i saw them in person.

Sound like you have been all over the place. I'm the same. I run em ugly till harvest. Some of my smallest harvest were literally the best bud. Quantity doesn't equal more quality. Not all fertilizer is equal. I have no experience with what your currently using, but I have had my fair share of ups downs. I refuse to give up on plants. Kinda like my kids. I hope your buddy isn't sheisty. Nobody gets a free ride! Don't feel bad for your decisions. Keep your head up and the plant will get better! Try not to jump around on decisions. I know it's hard but the only way to know is, make a change, wait, wait some more. Patience wins the race!
This is why I know this isn't ME.

The three small buds in this photo are from a small broken lemon haze auto branch.

I was told I can not root an auto clone
..and did.

And I was told budding plants don't grow roots.....and it has.

The bigger bud on top( I know they are all small lol) and the leaves were there when I started the rooting.

The other two buds grew after it rooted.
after a week of rooting....but in two days.

I know it's not going to do anything. It's not going to get big. It's not going to keep growing in this cup. It's an auto. So it's gotta end soon.

So how on earth is it growing and doing better than my full plant is?

it's nice and dark green but my plant is yellow as hell.

the pistil damage could be from the neem spray, nutrient issues, or mold. they all look a bit the same in photos. there's definite nutrient issues beyond that going by the last set of pics. the plant has hit flower and nutrient needs have changed.

are you using the liquid or dry version of dr earth and are you using all three parts ?

the liquid version is a lot smoother to work with. you can react to how the plant reads and adjust the liquid for changing issues with faster results.

the dry can be problematic. you have to anticipate needs and feed for them ahead of time. seen a lot of problems on the dry. neither are really cannabis specific but you can make them work.

most times i recommend a known cannabis specific nute and proven media for newer growers. i'd consider going that way if you continue having issues dialing it in.

i'm leaning to a nutrient issue on this but i'd be more certain if i saw them in person.
The last photo is of another plant. Which is where this one seems to be heading possibly.

The plant isnt very far into bloom yet.

Below is the plant photo taken this am. And the second photo is of pretty much all other bud sites on the plant.

In the next post I am going to show you something that really frustrates me to no end because it means I'm wasting my time.
I will make a separate post about it. Coming up

But I decided to use Dr earth exactly as it says. The dry Dr earth. But that system includes alternating weeks of 1-1-1 liquid gold. And metabolic transformer. To give the system a fair chance. Because last time I used only half the dry system and it worked well. And yes I am using all parts of the system. I wanted to give it a fair shot. But I really think the metabolic transformer might be too strong to give it once every other week for the life of the plant.

I stopped giving the metabolic transformer thinking that may have been making the roots too soft. I don't know really. It was my first guess when things went sideways in two days from great on its sister plant....which is in the post with the photos of the microbuds and burnt up plant

I also don't know how I grew four great plants on my first grow and my second is a nightmare. All three of my plants. But my roommates plant is doing just fine.

All mine have issues of some sort.

20240223_111639.jpg

20240223_110031.jpg

So when you have issues like this it says you should check PH first.

So it says also online that 6 to 7 should be the PH and over could cause lockout and under could as well.

Well.......one meter says 7.1 and the other days 5.7- to possibly 5.9 ...on the same friggin water!!!! I know the strips are accurate for a 7!!!! Because I've tested it with actual distilled water and a 7.00 pH packet. And my pH meter was dialed in perfectly. It worked for like a few tests and then it just tests slightly different every time you test.....then when you check it in the premade pH solutions it tests perfect.

So how can you check PH if nothing is accurate?

20240223_144521.jpg

20240223_144543.jpg

My pH meter is inconsistent also. I use strips and drops to verify. I'm a cheap bastard and have gone thru plenty of meters. I deal with 8.5ph well water. Temperature of the water, and how long the nutrients sit in the water usually also play a roll.
What do you mean drops?

Is there another test kit I don't have ?

The electronic meter is just insane. It will cause me to destroy a plant looking at that crap.

Here is straight tap water tested by both methods......

The frustrating thing is......what if my town....after cannabis was legalized saw electric bills rising and decided to put the water PH out of plant growing range?
Possible?
I don't doubt anything right now.

20240223_150611.jpg

20240223_150711.jpg

It's like reliving my pH madness! I feel your pain!

Fill the included vile 2/3 full few drops bam bam. And I literally just noticed that there's a chart around the bottle for color comparison but I also downloaded the color chart online so I have it on my phone.

I also know NOTHING.

20240223_141143.jpg

It's like reliving my pH madness! I feel your pain!

Fill the included vile 2/3 full few drops bam bam. And I literally just noticed that there's a chart around the bottle for color comparison but I also downloaded the color chart online so I have it on my phone.

I also know NOTHING.

20240223_141143.jpg
Welp....amazon here I come. But expect this electronic garbage to be returned.

I really wish they would stop letting everyone sell their trash. At the least it would be nice if reviewers would stop taking stars for late deliveries and Amazon's treatment of them and ONLY review the product.
Of course you can't escape the reviews from most people who don't even think about the fact that they can't know if the tool is working properly or not unless they have another way to measure. 😆

Back
Top Bottom