Bud issue need help please

Next run use Coco.
I layer perlite between layers of coco @Bill284 Method.
Perlite retains air in my pots.
Gives me massive healthy plants, and it's so simple.
You can do it to bx aswell.

Let me know I have pictorials of everything.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Geezuz, you could make walking canes outta them weed trunks!!!

So you layer it or mix it all together?

I know you said you layer it. So I would then do layers. But I just want to be sure that's what you mean. For the idiots. Of which I am chief. Lol

But how much is each layer? Rather....how thick in the pot for each?
That would keep mass amounts of places for air in the media. Depending on the layers of perlite.

But if I feed for the first by adding amendments to media at transplant from a smaller container to a 5 gal or larger ...how would I do that with layering?
Just top dress from the start?

I have pictorials of everything in there my Heaven's Shores thread.
But 1 inch of perlite and 2-3 inches of coco depending on pot size.
But it's not carved in stone.
It's the layering that does the magic not size.
I add @DYNOMYCO, Bokashi & Frass aswell.
The pictorials show everything from solo cup to 50 gallon bag.
And every pot I could think of In-between just to demonstrate.
Even soil was fed full strength nutrients every day to runoff beside the coco.
Works great.
Any questions at all just ask I'm willing to help anytime. :thumb:

If it mixes it won't hurt anything. Lol I mix 3 different things together, sometimes more than the other.. I don't measure anything but nutrients to the gallon.
I didn't think it would hurt something. I am just asking if he himself layers or does he mean he layers it and then mixes it.

I wasn't thinking it would hurt it to mix. I was just wondering what HE does.

But do you get runoff every time?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I was getting run off every time. But watering every other day. About 200 ounces. I would get decent run off every time. But I also empty my run off trays of every bit of water that collects until it stops collecting so it isn't sitting in water.

Edit....I say about 200 ounces. But with the pistachio plant I grew starting in August 2023 I was giving that mother plant up to 2.5 gallons every other day and every other day the plant was light as a feather. It was drinking all that water. And my run off was about 10 to 15 percent.

I was blown away at the water the mother plant was drinking on that first grow. But these? Instead of increasing....as I did have to while in veg....the moment I went to bud they stopped drinking as much.

And that is odd to me

I didn't think it would hurt something. I am just asking if he himself layers or does he mean he layers it and then mixes it.

Lol. Its just a figure of speech. Well if you want to be the best, definitely learn from the best! You're right to follow Bill 💘 he's a Ninja on this!! 💚💚💚

I was getting run off every time. But watering every other day. About 200 ounces. I would get decent run off every time. But I also empty my run off trays of every bit of water that collects until it stops collecting so it isn't sitting in water.

Edit....I say about 200 ounces. But with the pistachio plant I grew starting in August 2023 I was giving that mother plant up to 2.5 gallons every other day and every other day the plant was light as a feather. It was drinking all that water. And my run off was about 10 to 15 percent.

I was blown away at the water the mother plant was drinking on that first grow. But these? Instead of increasing....as I did have to while in veg....the moment I went to bud they stopped drinking as much.

And that is odd to me
That's odd to me aswell.
Most girls drink more through flower.
So something has changed to cause this.
Other than uppotting what has changed?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That's odd to me aswell.
Most girls drink more through flower.
So something has changed to cause this.
Other than uppotting what has changed?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Nothing has changed. Except the amount of water I have to give it.

I have a lemon haze AUTO plant that is in a five gallon plastic bucket and my roommate has one that is ten days older than mine and mine is light green and his is dark green and it just makes no sense because mine was darker than his and when I said to him that that was odd all of a sudden about a week later my plant is yellowing and his is the darkest plant ive ever saw.

My roommate said he waters his plant every day. 1-64oz bottle and two when he feeds. Which is once a week. He only gets run off once a week if that.
But....his pot is light as a feather and his lemon haze plant looks healthy. Mine....which has gotten everything it's supposed to get is still way lighter in color even after giving it bloom booster(on schedule) three or four days ago. But the bucket is heavy

I'm pulling yellow leaves off of mine and my roommate has none.

Now he did say he is pulling his yellow leaves off but I don't buy that. I can see the leaves he's pulled off and it's all stuff he pulled off when he defoliated.

I didn't defol my lemon haze so that's a difference but he only defoliated the bottom of the plant and pulled the popcorn stems off too....because some dude he likes on You tube does it. And I did expect some leaves would turn yellow. But the whole plant getting lighter?

I find that buds on the bottom do the same thing to me as buds on the very top so I don't care if my top buds are slightly bigger..... and harder to cure..... as opposed to the very short time it takes me to trim a popcorn bud.

I don't think he would sabotage me. But at this point I rule nothing out.

I have three plants that all stopped drinking water at the same rate.
i aerated them well too just two days ago.
I have a 1/4 rod that I grinded a bunted smooth point on. It is covered in plastic coating too and is taller than every bucket I have so I used it to aerate the medium of my lemon haze and one bottle of water went through it to run off. One 64 ounce bottle. Which once again is odd to me since it was taking 4-64 ounce bottles to get run off.

I water using a creamer bottle that I drilled 1/6 holes in the lid.

The photos....

You can tell which is mine....just look for the lighter plant.
And remember....my plant WAS darker than his by the same amount his is now darker than mine.

If I had to guess I would say his paranoid watering method just so happened to be a method this medium likes best. A bottle every day. Two in feed days.

His plant feels right now like it has no water in the pot. It's really light. Mine feels like it has 35 pounds of water in it.

I don't ever want to and never will accuse someone of sabotage unless I can absolutely prove it beyond their ability to deny it. And I just don't think he would risk his living situation by screwing me over.

I put one bottle in my lemon haze a few moments ago(was last watered two bottles yesterday....which is far less than my normal 4 every other day which it was drinking fully by two days a week or so ago) and got a half tray of run off so far.

My Lemon Haze Auto is 10 days younger than my roommates.
It actually has larger buds than his did at the same time in its life 10 days ago( I have photos of jisnten days ago)...I mean more development. And it's got a slightly different grow pattern. And is lighter in color. But way heavier.

20240225_130751.jpg

20240225_125723.jpg

20240225_125715.jpg

20240225_124931.jpg

20240225_124642.jpg

20240225_124641.jpg

20240225_131822.jpg

Me ?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Me ?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Lol. Yes of course. But you showed me with all those photos. I just happens to write that post before seeing the
response. Probably because my page was already open and I didn't hit refresh

But yes you shows all the stages of perlite and Coco in your grows.

I now only wonder if you mix your first amendments in with the coco so that even if it's not in the perlite for at least the first few weeks of life it won't need amendments again. Or do you top dress even the first feed?

Nothing has changed. Except the amount of water I have to give it.

I have a lemon haze AUTO plant that is in a five gallon plastic bucket and my roommate has one that is ten days older than mine and mine is light green and his is dark green and it just makes no sense because mine was darker than his and when I said to him that that was odd all of a sudden about a week later my plant is yellowing and his is the darkest plant ive ever saw.
Same nutrients? Same amount? Same frequency? Nope but similar issues.
My roommate said he waters his plant every day. 1-64oz bottle and two when he feeds. Which is once a week. He only gets run off once a week if that.
Some people feed/water/water/ feed /water/water but more watering days will reduce nutrients available and cause a deficiency.
No run-off may require a flush.
But....his pot is light as a feather
because he is underwatering.
and his lemon haze plant looks healthy. Mine....which has gotten everything it's supposed to get is still way lighter in color even after giving it bloom booster(on schedule) three or four days ago. But the bucket is heavy

I'm pulling yellow leaves off of mine and my roommate has none.
Stop pulling leaves. Once after stretch and then don't touch them, especially autos.
Who knows what pisses them off.
But when you pull a few leaves she goes from grow to defense mode.
Over and over, not perfect.
Now he did say he is pulling his yellow leaves off but I don't buy that. I can see the leaves he's pulled off and it's all stuff he pulled off when he defoliated.

I didn't defol my lemon haze so that's a difference but he only defoliated the bottom of the plant and pulled the popcorn stems off too....because some dude he likes on You tube does it. And I did expect some leaves would turn yellow. But the whole plant getting lighter?
Cleaning under her skirt after stretch is perfect.
I find that buds on the bottom do the same thing to me as buds on the very top so I don't care if my top buds are slightly bigger..... and harder to cure..... as opposed to the very short time it takes me to trim a popcorn bud.

I don't think he would sabotage me. But at this point I rule nothing out.
Not him you.:Namaste:
I have three plants that all stopped drinking water at the same rate.
i aerated them well too just two days ago.
I have a 1/4 rod that I grinded a bunted smooth point on. It is covered in plastic coating too and is taller than every bucket I have so I used it to aerate the medium of my lemon haze and one bottle of water went through it to run off. One 64 ounce bottle. Which once again is odd to me since it was taking 4-64 ounce bottles to get run off.
First of all STOP.
Autos don't like to be messed with, especially in flower.
uppotting ok i get.
But your just spearing your roots creating canals for nutrients to shoot past the roots.
Making most of the root zone damaged.
I water using a creamer bottle that I drilled 1/6 holes in the lid.

The photos....

You can tell which is mine....just look for the lighter plant.
And remember....my plant WAS darker than his by the same amount his is now darker than mine.

If I had to guess I would say his paranoid watering method just so happened to be a method this medium likes best. A bottle every day. Two in feed days.

His plant feels right now like it has no water in the pot. It's really light. Mine feels like it has 35 pounds of water in it.

I don't ever want to and never will accuse someone of sabotage unless I can absolutely prove it beyond their ability to deny it. And I just don't think he would risk his living situation by screwing me over.
Don't say anything to him!
I put one bottle in my lemon haze a few moments ago(was last watered two bottles yesterday....which is far less than my normal 4 every other day which it was drinking fully by two days a week or so ago) and got a half tray of run off so far.

My Lemon Haze Auto is 10 days younger than my roommates.
It actually has larger buds than his did at the same time in its life 10 days ago( I have photos of jisnten days ago)...I mean more development. And it's got a slightly different grow pattern. And is lighter in color. But way heavier.
I don't measure nutrient volumes.
I feed till it pours out then i stop.
Stop telling her what to drink stop plucking leaves and don't wreck anymore roots.
You have healthy enough girls to get a good harvest.
I'd feed/wate/feed/water at 5.8 ph to run-off and enjoy. :Namaste:
BTW what temp is that tile floor?
Ideal is 18c anything less isn't perfect for growth. ;)

Lol. Yes of course. But you showed me with all those photos. I just happens to write that post before seeing the
response. Probably because my page was already open and I didn't hit refresh

But yes you shows all the stages of perlite and Coco in your grows.

I now only wonder if you mix your first amendments in with the coco so that even if it's not in the perlite for at least the first few weeks of life it won't need amendments again. Or do you top dress even the first feed?
I preload the coco and give it a day to start growing.
Sprinkle some on top, spray to activate then mix well with extra perlite.
I also add it to my layers in the pot.
I top dress every week or so to keep refreshing it.
And sugars like sweet candy or molasses will feed them to help multiply.
The microbes & fungi double the root zone feed area and protect and feed my roots.
Great for health.
All the way to harvest. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This picture caught my attention

When your plant is infested with broad mites or russet mites new growth may come in twisted, blistered, and appear wet or plastic-like. If your plant is in the flowering stage, buds may turn brown and die. Broad mites normally hang out inside the crevices of leaves inside buds and they lay eggs inside of the plant.

I would dig around a bit.

Screenshot_20240225_144327_Chrome.jpg

If it mixes it won't hurt anything. Lol I mix 3 different things together, sometimes more than the other.. I don't measure anything but nutrients to the gallon.
I didnt think it would hurt anything. I like the idea of layers because it makes absolute certain that the roots stay oxygenated and CANT compact like mixed media.
I wasnt concerned about it mixing together. My purpose in asking about whether he mixed it together or layered it was for the purpose of finding out if I am correct in that I do not have to worry about compacted roots being in medium water has difficulty getting through.

It seems you think i am concerned if they mix like a person who does not like their green beans touching their main course. I know people like that. PFFT. lol But that was not why I was asking for confirmation. I believe the way he does it(when he posted photos) is a very smart way to avoid roots being too packed.

This picture caught my attention

When your plant is infested with broad mites or russet mites new growth may come in twisted, blistered, and appear wet or plastic-like. If your plant is in the flowering stage, buds may turn brown and die. Broad mites normally hang out inside the crevices of leaves inside buds and they lay eggs inside of the plant.

I would dig around a bit.

Screenshot_20240225_144327_Chrome.jpg
I can only find aphids and fungus gnats but the fungus gnats are gone from neem oil and the aphids seem to be under control.. Trust me, I am paranoid about these bugs now. So much so I bought peroxide castile oil 1500 lady bugs neem oil Rosemary plants basil plants on and on it goes. And this AM, I got rid of the plastic in my grow area and the board that was under it and bleached and cleaned the floor. Then set the plants back without the plastic and board under it. I found mold under the board. Its been sitting there in the same place since September 2023.

That mold was definitely not good. But, Its gone now.

I thought i saw a white spider on a leaf but I looked it up online and could not find it anywhere online. Then I looked for it again (it was tiny) and it was gone. It may not even had been a spider it was so small and I'm half blind.

I have pictorials of everything in there my Heaven's Shores thread.
But 1 inch of perlite and 2-3 inches of coco depending on pot size.
But it's not carved in stone.
It's the layering that does the magic not size.
I add @DYNOMYCO, Bokashi & Frass aswell.
The pictorials show everything from solo cup to 50 gallon bag.
And every pot I could think of In-between just to demonstrate.
Even soil was fed full strength nutrients every day to runoff beside the coco.
Works great.
Any questions at all just ask I'm willing to help anytime. :thumb:

Don’t forget to wet to activate it. CL🍀

I can only find aphids and fungus gnats but the fungus gnats are gone from neem oil and the aphids seem to be under control.. Trust me, I am paranoid about these bugs now. So much so I bought peroxide castile oil 1500 lady bugs neem oil Rosemary plants basil plants on and on it goes. And this AM, I got rid of the plastic in my grow area and the board that was under it and bleached and cleaned the floor. Then set the plants back without the plastic and board under it. I found mold under the board. Its been sitting there in the same place since September 2023.

That mold was definitely not good. But, Its gone now.

I thought i saw a white spider on a leaf but I looked it up online and could not find it anywhere online. Then I looked for it again (it was tiny) and it was gone. It may not even had been a spider it was so small and I'm half blind.
Those white spots do look like pests btw. CL🍀

Just found this in my plant.

First photo you can see there is some sort of bug on the edge of a leaf. Not the same color as the aphids I've found. But so small even with a magnifier at 30x it's hard to see.

the second photo is just so you can see the bud it's on.

third photo is of the top bud that had issues already and the forth is a random bud high up on that plant that is not in the center and did not get messed up.

Forth is of the plant all the other photos In the post are on.

man this is frustrating. I've already found at least three different pests and I've done onion and garlic. Neem oil. Rosemary basil.

how the hell do you get rid of these bastards without harsh chemical pesticides which I do not want to use and will toss this plant out the door before I go that route.

20240225_173744.jpg

20240225_173504.jpg

20240225_175202.jpg

20240225_175207.jpg

20240225_175424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom