Bud issue need help please

There are plenty of users here with trusty electronics! Always check with our sponsors also!

@Bill284 @Azimuth @Keffka @Trala @CaptainLucky @Stunger
@LKABudMan
What pH meter are y'all using?

I don’t bother much with water ph because my ppms aren’t high enough (50 ppm) to have an effect on my soil. I do check my soil ph from time to time but that’s for amending purposes.

If I have to check my water ph for some reason I use the drops you do. I don’t need it to be any more accurate than that and that typically reads 7.

I don’t bother much with water ph because my ppms aren’t high enough (50 ppm) to have an effect on my soil. I do check my soil ph from time to time but that’s for amending purposes.

If I have to check my water ph for some reason I use the drops you do. I don’t need it to be any more accurate than that and that typically reads 7.
I used to not worry about it either. But from all the articles that say if you have an issue make sure you PH is right before you go thinking about anything else. Makes it kinda difficult when nothing is accurate.

I guess the drops are for run off and tap water? Not soil.

I used to not worry about it either. But from all the articles that say if you have an issue make sure you PH is right before you go thinking about anything else. Makes it kinda difficult when nothing is accurate.

I guess the drops are for run off and tap water? Not soil.

The drops @OGpapa linked are for your water source. Runoff has color so it makes it difficult to determine the ph with drops since it’s based on what color the water becomes. I also don’t check runoff.

For soil ph, most meters work fine. You can get a cheap 10$ test kit that you mix with water and powder that works, or you can buy a cheap pronged one or an expensive probe one. I grow organically at home, so as long as I can get an average on where my ph is, that’s all I need to verify things.

I calibrate my pH pen once or twice weekly in 7.0 pH solution, then storage in KCL solution. It doesn't take long to calibrate and it stays accurate enough.

I'm reading an catching up. I just wanted to say... Why not just pinch off the part that's a wee bit f@ked up? While investigating what the culprit is. Make sure your nutes aren't bad too. Some things expire idk. I'm no use when it comes to the hydroponics. 😉
Hope you get this sought out

There are plenty of users here with trusty electronics! Always check with our sponsors also!

@Bill284 @Azimuth @Keffka @Trala @CaptainLucky @Stunger
@LKABudMan
What pH meter are y'all using?
Sorry, I grow in LOS. Call me lazy but I never check the pH of my soil.

I just build the soil like my father and grandfathers did when they added compost/seaweed and a bunch of other things, and then let nature and the inherent biology of the soil take care of the rest. They grew beautiful outstanding organic gardens, mine aren't a patch on their's I have no problems not have a pH meter.

Of course growing in anything other than living soil then yeah, it's probably a requirement. Sorry that I can't help.

I have two electronic PH meters and both of them suck.

One from vivosun and one from Tadeto.

Both are accurate as hell when you put it in the three calibration liquids. Then try to test them against each other and they give way different readings and the strip says the water is under 6.

So the tap water says 7.8 on the tadeto and 6.8 on the vivosun and under 6 on the strips.

I would be so much better off just ignoring it .....if I had no issues. But I do.

I think what has me most bothered is that as I try to reach for another way to measure and it takes a day or so to get here I will watch the plants probably get worse. Far worse.

I should just flush them with the water that measures 7.8 from my tap huh? Pfft. That is my frustration. I can't use the tap water like that but I can't tell if my up down solutions will even be accurate If I use them.

This is basically a case of wait and watch them get worse.

Or who knows. Maybe I'm overly concerned and that's why I should just forget it.

I have two electronic PH meters and both of them suck.

One from vivosun and one from Tadeto.

Both are accurate as hell when you put it in the three calibration liquids. Then try to test them against each other and they give way different readings and the strip says the water is under 6.

So the tap water says 7.8 on the tadeto and 6.8 on the vivosun and under 6 on the strips.

I would be so much better off just ignoring it .....if I had no issues. But I do.

I think what has me most bothered is that as I try to reach for another way to measure and it takes a day or so to get here I will watch the plants probably get worse. Far worse.

I should just flush them with the water that measures 7.8 from my tap huh? Pfft. That is my frustration. I can't use the tap water like that but I can't tell if my up down solutions will even be accurate If I use them.

This is basically a case of wait and watch them get worse.

Or who knows. Maybe I'm overly concerned and that's why I should just forget it.
Maybe @Bill284 can figure out what’s up with your meters. How about it Bill? CL🍀

Maybe @Bill284 can figure out what’s up with your meters. How about it Bill? CL🍀
Hey Cap’n :ciao:
It’s soil right?
As long as it’s close it shouldn’t matter.
Your buddy Shed says it doesn’t matter the ph in soil.
If it were coco I’d be concerned.
But not soil.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Cap’n :ciao:
It’s soil right?
As long as it’s close it shouldn’t matter.
Your buddy Shed says it doesn’t matter the ph in soil.
If it were coco I’d be concerned.
But not soil.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
It's ProMix BX. And I am pretty sure all my plants need aerating.

I have no idea how to do that once the Plant is big and flowering.

But I know my lemon haze is getting lighter while my roommates thrives. And the difference has to be the soil.
And watering.

I water to run off and it's compacted my soil.

My roommate who is scared to death of overwatering issues is having no issues.

I am having issues with all three plants I have and I believe it could be compacted soil

takes a long time for water to go down.

And two days later the pot is still heavy and i don't remember that the last grow. I remember it was ready for watering every other day. And some plants needed longer between waterings. Sure. But this one was getting light every two days now it's not.
And I'm probably confusing the issue because I am now speaking about .y lemon haze plant that is yellowing and is ten days younger than my roommates whos is NOT yellowing.

I'm totally baffled here because if I have to aerated the soil I will probably kill the plant

And the only reason I brought up the Lemon haze plant yellowing is because it may be the same issue the first plant had.

The one this entire thread is about may not have that is but I'm sure it's coming.

It does bubble a bit. But if it's making popping noises my fan is probably burying it.

My plant attached to this post is the oldest one so far. It stopped budding and started going crazy in just two days with bad wilting at the bottom on one branch. Then I left it alone figuring it was nothing because the rest of the plant was perfection. Then as I said in two days ...having done nothing the plant started yellowing and then the wilting went from one of the lowest branches to all of the lowest branches. So I cut them all off.

Then I gave it aw nutrients a few days later and it just kept burning up.
A week went by and it looked horrible.

Now this plant naturally yellows when it buds but not until they are established a bit. This one just went ape shit crazy.

Buds appeared burned up. For a week and a half it was like that. Then.....I decided since I was pulling nearly white yellow leaves off the plant every day I may as well flush it.
After flushing it I saw no change in two days so decided it was just time for a big test( in my mind it was gone so why not try to see what happens);and gave it a pint of peroxide with water after letting it sit overnight mixed.

Two days later it has newly grown white hairs and is moving again.

That peroxide bubbled the entire way down. The top of my soil and all of it was without question Aerated.

I know it's not a permanent solution so I don't want to do that to my lemon haze or the other plant with the same genetics that this thread was made about.

Worried about this grow because I switched from the red bag ProMix which worked great to ProMix BX because I could not find the red bag stuff anywhere for months. Like everyone is buying it to grow now. So I worried when I first started using this soil because it seems to stay wet even when the plant clearly needs water. So you can't tell by the finger in the soil method but you could tell by the weight of the bucket method. So I used that.

But I don't think I had enough soil in the first grow. Those five gallon felt pots do not hold five gallons of soil. The buckets are more than five gallons. To be able to carry five gallons without it being topped off so it doesn't spill.

The first photo is of the plant I gave peroxide to.
The second photo is the buds on that plant now and the third is those buds right after they all burned up on top. And it was not too close to my light. It was 2 feet away when it burned up.

20240224_104050.jpg

20240224_104119.jpg

20240220_152405.jpg

I made this thread because I was worried my plant would turn out like my other (the sister plant to the one this post was made about) plant because it started showing the same signs.

Wilting on a bottom branch that then spread to all bottom branches. Then it went crazy.

Well...this plant did have one ..now it has more.

Three to be precise.

And probably going to be five my tomorrow morning if it follows the last plant

What on earth is causing this?

20240224_120753.jpg

20240224_120803.jpg

20240224_120746.jpg

20240224_121212.jpg

I made this thread because I was worried my plant would turn out like my other (the sister plant to the one this post was made about) plant because it started showing the same signs.

Wilting on a bottom branch that then spread to all bottom branches. Then it went crazy.

Well...this plant did have one ..now it has more.

Three to be precise.

And probably going to be five my tomorrow morning if it follows the last plant

What on earth is causing this?

20240224_120753.jpg

20240224_120803.jpg

20240224_120746.jpg

20240224_121212.jpg
So BX not soil.
How many holes you have in the bottom of that bucket?
Bx is usually fed every other day with water in between. Feed/water/feed/water/feed.....
Usually ever day to run off.
How often are you feeding?
My apologies if I’m asking questions you already answered. :Namaste:
Are you feeding full strength nutrients according to the schedule?
I realize you have a meter issue but 5.8 should be your set point.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

So BX not soil.
How many holes you have in the bottom of that bucket?
Bx is usually fed every other day with water in between. Feed/water/feed/water/feed.....
Usually ever day to run off.
How often are you feeding?
My apologies if I’m asking questions you already answered. :Namaste:
Are you feeding full strength nutrients according to the schedule?
I realize you have a meter issue but 5.8 should be your set point.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Really messed up. I have double the holes I had in the same bucket which grew it's mother plant. It is a seed from my pistachio grow.
It has ten seeds that I found. Well 11. But one was white.
So I grew three of them. One is destroyed and slightly recovered and this one.

The other I gave to a friend a week ago.

My fear is this plant doing the same thing the other one did.

It has 10 1/2 holes. Five in the bottom on the sides and five directly in the bottom

I was feeding every other day and all my plants needed more water until I get to the point where it should need even more. And then some collapse of some sort. Wilting lower branches that just spread fast to other lower branches.

And this plant appears to be doing the same thing the mother plant did pre burn.

I was giving the Dr earth system a fair shot and giving the plants what the schedule calls for. Exactly what.

But when it appeared my roots were no longer able to pull nutrients on the bad plant I saw the wilting increase and then in two days it went from healthy looking to burned up buds.
So I flushed it.

Then a day later gave it Bloom booster....half a dose and then the following day gave it peroxide and water and now it's growing white hairs on the buds and seems to have taken off.

The soil on that bad plant was hard to get a pH meter in it and when I peroxide it the following day it was easy to get anything into it. So the peroxide probably killed all the good and bad bacteria but it aerated the hell out of the BX.
Which was good. Now it's moving again. I dont expect it will keep moving unless the bloom booster I just gave it again today is too much. But I don't think it is because i did stop all plants from getting full doses after the plant went bad. What I had failed to consider was how much grow media you can get into a felt pot. And if it's not 5 gallons you probably have to cut the dose a bit. I didn't at first but of course that was my thoughts when I started having issues with that plant.

Then when I started seeing the same wilting on this plant low i want to make sure this plant doesn't do the same thing the other one did.

And just so you know.....this is the mother plant of these seeds. I grew this from Sept to December which is when it was harvested and the seeds found....

(And this should let you know that I'm not flipped out anymore by yellowing leaves to make insane decisions over it. I did nothing when this plant was yellowing but took advice and just kept it on the feed schedule and kept going and it turned out perfect.
The big difference was that one....when the white hairs started showing up grew a big bulbous head like a dandylion you blow away. And the one that went bad....the daughter plant....never got the bulbous head. It's one of the signs that something was way wrong. But not the only.

Again (because I'm a verbose loon)...this is the mother plant ......

Really messed up. I have double the holes I had in the same bucket which grew it's mother plant. It is a seed from my pistachio grow.
It has ten seeds that I found. Well 11. But one was white.
So I grew three of them. One is destroyed and slightly recovered and this one.

The other I gave to a friend a week ago.

My fear is this plant doing the same thing the other one did.

It has 10 1/2 holes. Five in the bottom on the sides and five directly in the bottom

I was feeding every other day and all my plants needed more water until I get to the point where it should need even more. And then some collapse of some sort. Wilting lower branches that just spread fast to other lower branches.

And this plant appears to be doing the same thing the mother plant did pre burn.

I was giving the Dr earth system a fair shot and giving the plants what the schedule calls for. Exactly what.

But when it appeared my roots were no longer able to pull nutrients on the bad plant I saw the wilting increase and then in two days it went from healthy looking to burned up buds.
So I flushed it.

Then a day later gave it Bloom booster....half a dose and then the following day gave it peroxide and water and now it's growing white hairs on the buds and seems to have taken off.

The soil on that bad plant was hard to get a pH meter in it and when I peroxide it the following day it was easy to get anything into it. So the peroxide probably killed all the good and bad bacteria but it aerated the hell out of the BX.
Which was good. Now it's moving again. I dont expect it will keep moving unless the bloom booster I just gave it again today is too much. But I don't think it is because i did stop all plants from getting full doses after the plant went bad. What I had failed to consider was how much grow media you can get into a felt pot. And if it's not 5 gallons you probably have to cut the dose a bit. I didn't at first but of course that was my thoughts when I started having issues with that plant.

Then when I started seeing the same wilting on this plant low i want to make sure this plant doesn't do the same thing the other one did.

And just so you know.....this is the mother plant of these seeds. I grew this from Sept to December which is when it was harvested and the seeds found....

(And this should let you know that I'm not flipped out anymore by yellowing leaves to make insane decisions over it. I did nothing when this plant was yellowing but took advice and just kept it on the feed schedule and kept going and it turned out perfect.
The big difference was that one....when the white hairs started showing up grew a big bulbous head like a dandylion you blow away. And the one that went bad....the daughter plant....never got the bulbous head. It's one of the signs that something was way wrong. But not the only.

Again (because I'm a verbose loon)...this is the mother plant ......

Bx needs to be wet all the time.
Never let it get dry and hard.
Feed the next day water next day feed the next day water...repeat repeat repeat.......
Never let it dry.
Flush was good , probably had buildup.
But do you get runoff every time?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Bx needs to be wet all the time.
Never let it get dry and hard.
Feed the next day water next day feed the next day water...repeat repeat repeat.......
Never let it dry.
Flush was good , probably had buildup.
But do you get runoff every time?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Are you serious? So BX won't get Root Rot watering every day?
Or do you lessen how much you give it?

My concern was that it feels wet when the plant isn't getting anything so I was giving it good amounts of water every other day.

I did transplant this plant. The one I wrote this post about. But not like most would. I cut the felt pot sides away and then put two inches of BX on the bottom and then left the felt on the bottom of the 5 gal but cut the sides completely off and then filled with BX completely around it. I felt that was better than a flush. I did that when I realized Dr earth as prescibed for five gal may not be good to give it a full dose every time it's called for.
So instead of flushing that plant I uppotted it. Literally right before stretch.
I believe it had a positive effect on the plant. Yet I am still waiting on this plant to multiply its leaves like crazy and then lighten them right before it would be ready for it's middle bi weekly dose of liquid gold. That will then darken it a tad.....and then that's when the last plant fell apart.

This is why I expect this. And I may need to give it a bit more nutes now because of the 7 gal containers. It definitely stopped a slightly starting nitrogen tox issue. I flushed its sister plant for my buddy that I gave it to (his plant was a bit worse with the burn) and decided mine was just starting and I believed if I up potted it the way I did it would be better than flushing it because the nutes would now be across 7 gal instead of 5 and that would dilute just fine.

Thanks for your help Bill and everyone. Much appreciated.

Are you serious? So BX won't get Root Rot watering every day?
Or do you lessen how much you give it?

My concern was that it feels wet when the plant isn't getting anything so I was giving it good amounts of water every other day.

I did transplant this plant. The one I wrote this post about. But not like most would. I cut the felt pot sides away and then put two inches of BX on the bottom and then left the felt on the bottom of the 5 gal but cut the sides completely off and then filled with BX completely around it. I felt that was better than a flush. I did that when I realized Dr earth as prescibed for five gal may not be good to give it a full dose every time it's called for.
So instead of flushing that plant I uppotted it. Literally right before stretch.
I believe it had a positive effect on the plant. Yet I am still waiting on this plant to multiply its leaves like crazy and then lighten them right before it would be ready for it's middle bi weekly dose of liquid gold. That will then darken it a tad.....and then that's when the last plant fell apart.

This is why I expect this. And I may need to give it a bit more nutes now because of the 7 gal containers. It definitely stopped a slightly starting nitrogen tox issue. I flushed its sister plant for my buddy that I gave it to (his plant was a bit worse with the burn) and decided mine was just starting and I believed if I up potted it the way I did it would be better than flushing it because the nutes would now be across 7 gal instead of 5 and that would dilute just fine.

Thanks for your help Bill and everyone. Much appreciated.
Next run use Coco.
I layer perlite between layers of coco @Bill284 Method.
Perlite retains air in my pots.
Gives me massive healthy plants, and it's so simple.
You can do it to bx aswell.

Let me know I have pictorials of everything.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Next run use Coco.
I layer perlite between layers of coco @Bill284 Method.
Perlite retains air in my pots.
Gives me massive healthy plants, and it's so simple.
You can do it to bx aswell.

Let me know I have pictorials of everything.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

So you layer it or mix it all together?

I know you said you layer it. So I would then do layers. But I just want to be sure that's what you mean. For the idiots. Of which I am chief. Lol

But how much is each layer? Rather....how thick in the pot for each?
That would keep mass amounts of places for air in the media. Depending on the layers of perlite.

But if I feed for the first by adding amendments to media at transplant from a smaller container to a 5 gal or larger ...how would I do that with layering?
Just top dress from the start?

Back
Top Bottom