Budget light suggestions for a single autoflower

Oh aye mate. Look what I said though. You also need to find a way for me to post it without my adress being required to be on it. I don't have a clean house to use for sending it as I'D is required.
Last person I gifted to sent me a thank you letter and I nearly spewed lol.

You go enjoy the pub mate. Make most of our rare sun before it buggets off. I'll have a think on an address and dw I know not to send or make addresses public. Aha. Speak soon

I'm greatful. I'll see what I do to pay it forward.

I'll go do proper research. I suppose I was a little naive assuming most weed would suit most medical issues.

I'll have to look further into it.
I was just going off the name, assuming it somewhat taste and smell of what it's sold as... And who wouldn't love cheese cake lol
Nah there's a lot more to the medical side mate. I don't know that stuff but specific strains do very different things.
Been growing 4 years. 30odd strains roughly and only 1 I'd class as medical.
Ripleys og auto by mephisto. Kills even really bad anxiety in an instant at extremely low doses.
You've got till Saturday to do some research though. Youre not getting it to grow random cheesecake lol :)

I'm greatful. I'll see what I do to pay it forward.

I'll go do proper research. I suppose I was a little naive assuming most weed would suit most medical issues.

I'll have to look further into it.
I was just going off the name, assuming it somewhat taste and smell of what it's sold as... And who wouldn't love cheese cake lol

You are in for it now. You've come to the one place where there are good people on an active site with much knowledge to share. Me? I know just enough to be dangerous.

There are well over 100 cannabinoids. THC and CBD are just the beginning. It also appears that the terpenes (those smelly little molecules that stimulate your olfactory nerves) may place a role in giving each strain a somewhat unique flavor - both in the literal and literary senses.

Without knowing anything else RE: your gal, strains good for pain include harlequin, ACDC, cannatonic, Jack Herer, and if she needs sleep to boot Northern Lights.

I'm certain others can chime in with more strains.

Since you mentioned multiple ailments you are trying to treat that could change things up a bit, but keep in mind that since research on cannabis has been quashed for the better part of a century we have to go on mass anecdotal reports instead of sturdy scientific research and responses vary by person. Hopefully, what you have gets you in the ballpark and you can fine tune later.

Nah there's a lot more to the medical side mate. I don't know that stuff but specific strains do very different things.
Been growing 4 years. 30odd strains roughly and only 1 I'd class as medical.
Ripleys og auto by mephisto. Kills even really bad anxiety in an instant at extremely low doses.
You've got till Saturday to do some research though. Youre not getting it to grow random cheesecake lol :)

Seems Harlequin is a top 3 recommend for most of the issues my Mrs suffers from. I'll keep reading though

You are in for it now. You've come to the one place where there are good people on an active site with much knowledge to share. Me? I know just enough to be dangerous.

There are well over 100 cannabinoids. THC and CBD are just the beginning. It also appears that the terpenes (those smelly little molecules that stimulate your olfactory nerves) may place a role in giving each strain a somewhat unique flavor - both in the literal and literary senses.

Without knowing anything else RE: your gal, strains good for pain include harlequin, ACDC, cannatonic, Jack Herer, and if she needs sleep to boot Northern Lights.

I'm certain others can chime in with more strains.

Since you mentioned multiple ailments you are trying to treat that could change things up a bit, but keep in mind that since research on cannabis has been quashed for the better part of a century we have to go on mass anecdotal reports instead of sturdy scientific research and responses vary by person. Hopefully, what you have gets you in the ballpark and you can fine tune later.

I love educating myself my guy. I've started reading a bit on Harlequin

Theyre alright mate, I still use them. awesome lights for seedlings and veg. Can keep them really close so can control node spacing but when it comes to bloom they suck when anything else comes along for a scrap. They dont penetrate as well so you gotta do loads of training to get the most out of them. And your buds just arent as big or as potent as youll get with pretty much any other light. Other than the obvious cfls etc.

I beg to differ.
Been using nothing but 3 cheap blurples for 4 years and I've done 9 grows with them and 10th is 6th week in flower.
I just added up those 9 grows and came to 149 oz or 5.3 pounds from 18 plants for an average of 8.3 oz per plant.
My 10th grow looks like it may up that average a little bit.

Now granted if I had the same "wattage" which is 600w of any of the newer LM301B chips that would probably be closer to 9 oz per plant because of the greater efficacy but that's probably about it.
I paid $450 total 4 years ago and only trouble was a few months ago I had to replace 4 diodes on one light that took me 30 minutes to do and they sent me the diodes for free.

I assume these 3 create more heat than the new chips but iam not in a tent so my temps stay around 80 degrees 13" under the lights in the summer time.
In the winter grow my temps stay about 76.

So, yes the newer chips are better overall but the old blurples are simply not as bad as virtually everyone is making them out to be.
If you have to use them because of cost, which I did at the time because 4 years ago 600w of non Blurple LED would have cost well over $1000 even if I built it myself. Obviously it's much lower cost now so it does make the newer chips a more viable option now.
But the blurples work just fine in a pinch.

20170907_210112.jpg
20160917_101920.jpg

20170907_210240.jpg
20170503_084900.jpg

Seems Harlequin is a top 3 recommend for most of the issues my Mrs suffers from. I'll keep reading though

If you find some feminized seeds for harlequin let me know.

I love experimenting with with different budget grow systems. For a single plant it’s hard to beat 150w HPS. @about $75 it’s a pretty good bang for the buck.

If you’re really looking for a down low effective light source, don’t rule out SIL (screw in LED). With a coupon and catching a sale I was able to score 24 100w 5000k bulbs for just over a buck apiece. Much more efficient to run but slightly less dense buds. Training is more important with these bulbs since light penetration isn’t great. Recently did a microgrow in 1 sqft with five bulbs using a 1gal rag bag and reaped almost 2 oz of decent potent buds.

I love experimenting with with different budget grow systems. For a single plant it’s hard to beat 150w HPS. @about $75 it’s a pretty good bang for the buck.

If you’re really looking for a down low effective light source, don’t rule out SIL (screw in LED). With a coupon and catching a sale I was able to score 24 100w 5000k bulbs for just over a buck apiece. Much more efficient to run but slightly less dense buds. Training is more important with these bulbs since light penetration isn’t great. Recently did a microgrow in 1 sqft with five bulbs using a 1gal rag bag and reaped almost 2 oz of decent potent buds.

Interesting could you list what brand you used

Hi guys,

I'm aware a good lighting setup will result in better quality buds... But my question remains...

What is a reliable and cheap light setup for 1 autoflower plant in a small tent?

Back story & info for anyone who cares.

So I'm completely new to the scene. I'm looking to grow a small amount of weed for my fiancée who suffers from a host of illnesses.

My issue lies in wanting to grow on a very small budget (self employed, got a wedding to pay for, just got a new house)... You chose. My point is... I'm willing to accept less dense and smaller yields while I dip my toe in the water.

I've researched this and understand that you can go down the Led route and spend 200-900 on a grow panel or you can go CFL and buy some 2000k bulbs and mix with 5000k.

Right now I'm that guy who wants to try skateboarding but doesn't want to spend the high end cash on a deck, trucks and wheels... I'm just going to the local store and buying those cheap standard board to see if its my thing.

I appreciate your help and if anyone can direct me. I'll owe you big time.

Thank you!

TMJ
The Mars hydro ts 1000 or the 1000 phlizon Cree cob led am personally going for the Cree cob soonfor my northern light & Royal gorilla candy kush & Robocrop autoflower.£130 for a phlizon light man

gonna have to remember that one. been wanting to save some money for an led and 129 sounds like a good price. read up on Mar Hydro and their gear is tops*

thanks for the recomm*
Welcome.
I've not personally used that light so I cant tell you just how good it is from personal experience.
Others on here seem to like it and it is one of the cheaper non Blurple lights.
You can also check into the HLG Quantum Boards, I think I've seen the HLG 100 somewhere close to that $130.

50w less input 100w vs 150w but the TS 1000 is about 550 ppfd in the center at 18" while the HLG 100 is at 420 PPFD at 18" center.
I also believe the HLG runs cooler and can probably be lowered closer to plants, the HLG is 640 PPFD at 12" so if you lower the HLG to say 15"-ish you could possibly realise the same 550 PPFD for 50w less power draw.

So 50w less power consumption which comes to 35% less power used.
But the 550 PPFD vs the 420 PPFD is only 18% less actual light with both at 18" above canopy. Lower the HLG 100 just 3 or so and you got the same PPFD for $20 or less cost difference and save 50w in power draw.
Which is worth considering since the cost is either about the same on sale or at most $20 more.
Just another option.

If you find some feminized seeds for harlequin let me know.
The place i sourced my Godberry has a few Harlequin strains.
DCS
Hope that helps.
:thumb:

The guy from dcs (Johnny) is a good guy, helped me on phone when i had questions and he was quick n cheap.

Back
Top Bottom