Budget light suggestions for a single autoflower

TMJmedical

Hi guys,

I'm aware a good lighting setup will result in better quality buds... But my question remains...

What is a reliable and cheap light setup for 1 autoflower plant in a small tent?

Back story & info for anyone who cares.

So I'm completely new to the scene. I'm looking to grow a small amount of weed for my fiancée who suffers from a host of illnesses.

My issue lies in wanting to grow on a very small budget (self employed, got a wedding to pay for, just got a new house)... You chose. My point is... I'm willing to accept less dense and smaller yields while I dip my toe in the water.

I've researched this and understand that you can go down the Led route and spend 200-900 on a grow panel or you can go CFL and buy some 2000k bulbs and mix with 5000k.

Right now I'm that guy who wants to try skateboarding but doesn't want to spend the high end cash on a deck, trucks and wheels... I'm just going to the local store and buying those cheap standard board to see if its my thing.

I appreciate your help and if anyone can direct me. I'll owe you big time.

Thank you!

TMJ

go with a 3000k quantum board kit. way better than going blurple.

get the rspec instead of 3000k
get a quantum board and avoid blurple lights.

you can get the smallest version for approx 150$

trust me the 50$ you “save”
on a blurple is a scam.
a qb assures you quality light.

i just ordered another hlg 260 and i got the RSPEC version this time.
i am not sure if you can get the RSPEC on a hlg 135 but if you can get it definitely do

a qb will pay for itself after your first harvest. better quality and having more than enough light for 1 plant by far than a blurple.

Welcome to 420,TMJ :welcome:

Oneo 2 1000w full spectrum (not blurple) LED-draws 200 actual watts -$95 at the Zon
I'm using one so I know they work-Not the "Cadillac"of LED's,but not the "Yugo",either.
Just right for one or two plants,without breaking the bank...in my opinion,anyway.
Check the latest entries in my journal to see how they do (Lo-Budget Grow,post #499)

Full spectrum LED as stated above or spend $168 on a 315 watt CMH off amazon - bulb and hanging system included.

Mars Hydro TS 1000
$129 and 150w

using either of those lights in a small tent is going to make your temps an issue, especially for a newbie.

i actually considered byying a ts-1000 on amazon before i just got another qb.
read the ONE AND TWO STAR reviews on amazon if you want an honest answer about that light. it runs hotter than hell.

if you have a small tent its gonna get super hot real quick

alot of the 4-5 star reviews on amazon are scammers BTW
check the 1-2 star reviews if you want honestly

Full spectrum LED as stated above or spend $168 on a 315 watt CMH off amazon - bulb and hanging system included.

yep, whether its 168 for a cmh or 175 for a qb those are your two best options.

anything less is going to be a waste of time.
if youre on that much a budget buy some cfls bulbs at home depot.

i am going to assume you have been scanning amazon and came onto this forum to get an opinion ON A BLURPLE YOU ALREADY HAD IN MIND, because you could easily grow a plant with cfls from home depot and have the same heat issues and ultimately yield using a crappy blurple that you probably already bought

at this point probably not even worth trying to convince him, he bought a phlozon 1500 watt for 98$ on ebay lmao

you could use cfls and do the tent out for less than 50$.

It really depends on how much cash you have to spend and what the long term plans are.

If this is simply an experiment and/or cash is an issue then going on the cheaper side makes sense.

If this is a long term commitment and you have a few extra dollars lying around then spending a reasonable amount more and still coming in at less than $200 makes more sense for the quality you will get.

Brother, I've been there on a tight budget so I understand. Only you can make the choice as to what is the best you can afford.

just be warned : a budget light is just going to lead you to want more. may not be a bad thing, most newbie growers replace nearly everything in the first couple grows, and wind up wishing they just got what they really needed up front.

Not sure what they got for in the states but in uk you can get a 660w dimmable cmh/hps combo for 70 sheets and itll drop a half kilo no problem if its up full.
Can turn it to 200w 400w 600w 660w so fits a range of spaces.

hey barney, you can get that old tech for free here if you watch the local for sale sites. :)

the only trouble with it is the copious heat and energy consumption. there is simply no new hobbyist who wants to deal with it anymore.

Not sure what they got for in the states but in uk you can get a 660w dimmable cmh/hps combo for 70 sheets and itll drop a half kilo no problem if its up full.
Can turn it to 200w 400w 600w 660w so fits a range of spaces.

I have CMH 315 watt x2 (when I get my other tent it will be three). Each has four different settings for wattage similar to yours. They produce good light, including UV spectrum, are versatile and are not that much more expensive if the cash and commitment are there. In the long run it would save money as there would be no need to change it up later.

hey barney, you can get that old tech for free here if you watch the local for sale sites. :)

the only trouble with it is the copious heat and energy consumption. there is simply no new hobbyist who wants to deal with it anymore.
Im in scotland mate, can produce all the heat it wants. Its bloody freezing round here i need it lol.
Cant argue that high end leds are much better in every way but blurples etc are useless by comparisson.
Does cost about £15 a week to keep it running but thats a fair trade for an easy 20oz id say.get 30 if you know what youre doing. Ive not quite managed that yet but think ill get it this time.
There are much more efficient ways to do things. Cobs or qbs will win every battle every time but for 70 quid and 2 weeks on £5, 3 weeks on £10 then 10-12 weeks on £15.
Whats that then..about £230. Tenner an oz mate thats a fuckin bargain lol. Ive never worked that out before. Thought it wouldve been a lot more. Oh i use a 130w cfl for the first 2 weeks actually so knock like £3.60 off that :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom