Budget light suggestions for a single autoflower

One of these would be perfect. You want something efficient. And you could add on as you go if you want to grow more faster.

Many of those budget LED's are less efficient than a regular HPS that they used in the olden days.

i spent 230 on 240 watts of qb in 2 boards full kits bright af
IMG_20190628_220352_149.jpg
IMG_20190628_144122_040.jpg
Waay i know you bro!

Its too hot here, spanish weather with 35° outside, i got a 600w light, turns out to be a bad idead, the extra i have to spend on a ventilation (eventually, but not as soon as i think) now my whole room is a oven, i have to put frozen blocks inside the tent all the time or keep a lil bit at the top open to not overheat. I went down the cheap and powerfull way, and yes, i do regret it. Maybe in the winter it becomes usefull.

My advice of a newbie grower, go for led on a hot climate or for high power in cold climates, really i turn this thing on and in 5 minutes its like AC blowing out 40° heat..

Still looking for a better solution that blocks of ice that melt in very little time and put out NO COLD at all!

Potentially a daft response but if its got a dimmer on it just turn it down lol. 600w is about 500w more than you need for seedlings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190629-075142_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20190629-075142_1.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 50
One of these would be perfect. You want something efficient. And you could add on as you go if you want to grow more faster.

Many of those budget LED's are less efficient than a regular HPS that they used in the olden days.

cob is another great alternate and they are a sponsor as well. i'm growing under cob.
lets get @TimberGrowLights to maybe chime in.

Potentially a daft response but if its got a dimmer on it just turn it down lol. 600w is about 500w more than you need for seedlings.

Hum, i hadnt looked at this that way...
Now if you can just help me out identifying the dimmer... cause i might fk things up, didnt want to ne messing around in the stuff.

Also should i use these instead?
I was afraid wouldnt be enough. 1 is led 14w other 2 are energy saver one warm white other cold white both 11w

Now if you can just help me out identifying the dimmer... cause i might fk things up, didnt want to ne messing around in the stuff.

I was afraid wouldnt be enough. 1 is led 14w other 2 are energy saver one warm white other cold white both 11w

Thanks in advance

20190629_100129.jpg
20190629_100143.jpg

20190629_100434.jpg
Nah I don't see a dimmer anywhere there mate. That's unfortunate :(
Those lights probably are enough to see in the first few nodes though. I use 14k CFL for the first 2-3 weeks but it's a 130w. I'm not sure how low you can go. Sure someone will stop by that knows for sure.
I wouldn't fancy trying to start up under a 600w beast though. Can't be very easy.

Nah I don't see a dimmer anywhere there mate. That's unfortunate :(
Those lights probably are enough to see in the first few nodes though. I use 14k CFL for the first 2-3 weeks but it's a 130w. I'm not sure how low you can go. Sure someone will stop by that knows for sure.
I wouldn't fancy trying to start up under a 600w beast though. Can't be very easy.

However, since i put them under the 600w full time, (all the 20h) and changed from previous interchanging 10 to 12h of those lights, plus 10 to 12h of sun outside plus 1 to 3h3ohf this 600w.
They now are growing way better, i do need to water twice a day since 1 pot is 3.5l and the other 5.2l and they are not full of soil. And before once a day was enough if not too much.

They lost a bit of green but... still look okay, like an arab in the desert, looks like their skin is just adapting.. i guess. I say this cause the leafs are up anyway... right?

Sorry im high i drifted a bit away from the posts subject.
Ps. Should i just change them to full time outdoors? Or at this point would it be worse?
Thanks in advance and thanks for the answer barney86
Goodsmoking

Whats with all the hate for "blurple". I did my 1st grow with a $50 one and it was a sucess. On my 2nd grow and doubled the lights. Have 3 plants flowering now and looking good so far. Ive only used foxfarm water and these simple lights. I think some of you over think this and are a bit of a snob. We cant all afford expensive lights. To me over $150 would be high. And anything other than led is too hot and a waste of energy. He's looking to start cheap and i did too. Maybe later expand
Totally agree, I'd take a Blurple LED over an HPS anyday.
It's all I've been using for 4 years now is 3 cheap blurples and they've worked just fine.
Looks like I'll be using them another year.

Im in scotland mate, can produce all the heat it wants. Its bloody freezing round here i need it lol.
Cant argue that high end leds are much better in every way but blurples etc are useless by comparisson.
Does cost about £15 a week to keep it running but thats a fair trade for an easy 20oz id say.get 30 if you know what youre doing. Ive not quite managed that yet but think ill get it this time.
There are much more efficient ways to do things. Cobs or qbs will win every battle every time but for 70 quid and 2 weeks on £5, 3 weeks on £10 then 10-12 weeks on £15.
Whats that then..about £230. Tenner an oz mate thats a fuckin bargain lol. Ive never worked that out before. Thought it wouldve been a lot more. Oh i use a 130w cfl for the first 2 weeks actually so knock like £3.60 off that :ganjamon:
scots are choice lol

that equates to $25 bucks a wk here or $100 / month. also electricity is pro-rated most places here. go over a set amount and the charge per kw goes up exponentially.

tracking power theft was, and probably still is, the number 1 way larger grows got busted here.
if savi

yeah
happened to me, just get addicted to growing. as soon as i received my first three blurples i exchanged them all back to amazon.
just shoddy quality. feels cheap. its 2019 not 1995 is what it reminded me of.
i felt like i was scammed (which i was) and returning them knowing that there was somethjng better.

thats when i stumbled on forums with this exact argument.

what i knew before quantum boards
-pretty much nothing about lights
-i had bought three blurples and returned all three. i was keeping my plants alive with t5 cfls
-there must be a more modern LED than these cheap leds

when i saw people arguing about which is better.
i assumed that since i had been so dissatisfied with the cheap leds that the other side of the argument (qbs) had to be right!!

i bought one and boy are we right hahaha

:theband::surf:

Hey lads,

Forgive the time to respond. I'm in the UK.

As for my position, I'm just looking to try growing a plant. My fiancee has Rhuematoid arthritis and a bunch of other things.
She's smoked before and it's helped. She tried the CBD vape stuff but it's a pile of

I was hoping to spend less than 100 on lighting as I still need to buy a tent, scrubber & the rest. I've only just read up on Chip onboard lights.

As for what I'm growing... I bought a cheesecake feminised auto. I just bought it cause it was a £3 seed and I didn't know if the site was legit lol.

The cheesecake is a cross between cheese and wedding cake.
Looking back though I think I'd buy a different strain.

I'm just wanting a basic straight forward light. Im more than happy to invest more later if it's something we wish to continue.

Hope that might clear things up.

I fully understand my grow will suffer but I'm not hoping for much.. just a few buds would make me happy at this moment in time.

So the cheapest to run would be nice to.

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply to

Totally agree, I'd take a Blurple LED over an HPS anyday.
It's all I've been using for 4 years now is 3 cheap blurples and they've worked just fine.
Looks like I'll be using them another year.

I've read blurples that that draw at least 200w from the wall will be a good choice for one or two autos.

I've read blurples that that draw at least 200w from the wall will be a good choice for one or two autos.
I've got some 240w blurples I don't need anymore mate. Old mars 600s. They're shit compared to most lights but i grew my profile pic with 2 of them. Find someone elses adress and figure a way for me to post it without my name or adress being on it and it's yours. Got loads of an lying about man. No biggy :)

I've got some 240w blurples I don't need anymore mate. Old mars 600s. They're shit compared to most lights but i grew my profile pic with 2 of them. Find someone elses adress and figure a way for me to post it without my name or adress being on it and it's yours. Got loads of an lying about man. No biggy :)

Dude that's to kind of you man. I'll see if there's another address i can send stuff to while still getting access.

Anything I can do in return??

Hi guys,

I'm aware a good lighting setup will result in better quality buds... But my question remains...

What is a reliable and cheap light setup for 1 autoflower plant in a small tent?

Back story & info for anyone who cares.

So I'm completely new to the scene. I'm looking to grow a small amount of weed for my fiancée who suffers from a host of illnesses.

My issue lies in wanting to grow on a very small budget (self employed, got a wedding to pay for, just got a new house)... You chose. My point is... I'm willing to accept less dense and smaller yields while I dip my toe in the water.

I've researched this and understand that you can go down the Led route and spend 200-900 on a grow panel or you can go CFL and buy some 2000k bulbs and mix with 5000k.

Right now I'm that guy who wants to try skateboarding but doesn't want to spend the high end cash on a deck, trucks and wheels... I'm just going to the local store and buying those cheap standard board to see if its my thing.

I appreciate your help and if anyone can direct me. I'll owe you big time.

Thank you!

TMJ
Viparspectra best price for the money

I'm just wanting a basic straight forward light. Im more than happy to invest more later if it's something we wish to continue.
Oneo 2 1000w full spectrum (not blurple) LED-draws 200 actual watts -$95 at the Zon
I'm using one so I know they work-Not the "Cadillac"of LED's,but not the "Yugo",either.
Just right for one or two plants,without breaking the bank...in my opinion,anyway.
Check the latest entries in my journal to see how they do (Lo-Budget Grow,post #499)
What Carcass said... The "ONEO II" LED. This light is perfect for one or two plants. I personally bought three of them, but I have a grow space large enough for about 8-10 plants. They're under $100, are full spectrum (no "blurple"), and are not overkill for your particular needs.

Yeah mate. You can promise to listen to the guys on here so we can get your Mrs some good meds. Go spend the money on some propper medical seeds.
There's guys on here that can handpick strains for different problems. Go find some of them and see what they have to say.
You seem honest and genuine and that's enough for me. The light is capable of around 8oz if you get a fairly good run. I've had 11 but 8 is more realistic.
Once your done buy a better light with an oz of it and gift it to somebody else.
:)
I'll go get it during the week but probably be Saturday before I can post it.

Yeah mate. You can promise to listen to the guys on here so we can get your Mrs some good meds. Go spend the money on some propper medical seeds.
There's guys on here that can handpick strains for different problems. Go find some of them and see what they have to say.
You seem honest and genuine and that's enough for me. The light is capable of around 8oz if you get a fairly good run. I've had 11 but 8 is more realistic.
Once your done buy a better light with an oz of it and gift it to somebody else.
:)
I'll go get it during the week but probably be Saturday before I can post it.

I'm greatful. I'll see what I do to pay it forward.

I'll go do proper research. I suppose I was a little naive assuming most weed would suit most medical issues.

I'll have to look further into it.
I was just going off the name, assuming it somewhat taste and smell of what it's sold as... And who wouldn't love cheese cake lol

Back
Top Bottom