Bug poop?

g-one-three

I found this on one fan leaf, only one leaf out of 3 whole plants. There is no damage I could see on the tops of the leaves. It was just a hard amber colored speck and fell off as soon as I touched it. I snapped the pic before I touched it. I couldn't find anything with Google image. The plants have been flipped for 7 days. Is this something I should be concerned with?
PXL_20240112_012634630.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

could be guttation where it’s slimed itself, but usually it’s wet goo not dried

hopefully you are nailed down tight with ipm before flower?

Are any pistils showing yet?
I'm not sure what you mean IPM? And there are a couple starting on the main colas but nothing crazy.

This was yesterday
PXL_20240111_021403083.jpg

integrated pest management - regular applications of a preventative pest treatment like SNS or Neem Oil. The idea is to treat them all thru veg and for the first week or 2 in flower.

generally speaking you want to curtail most ipm a week ot 2 after flipping to flower but there are a few remedies like Safers Soap that are ok during flower. For example Neem oil / Neem seed meal is great in veg but also quite pungent too and can impart a nasty bad taste to your buds plus it can cause pistols to burn.

whew she’s a beauty, you’ve done an amazing job!!!

I started with this notion of not putting any chemicals on my ladies… however pests find that damp soil and sweet smelling biomass they can’t resist. Any plant is a source of food, shelter and mating opportunities for pests and they multiply so fast in a container.

the chems we use are very safe, here’s a few name drops

SNS is made from rosemary & clove
Neem seed meal is from the Neem tree, it’s great soil additive with NPK of 6-1-1
Neem seed meal is further extracted to make Neem Oil
Spinosad is an extract from sugar cane production
Safers Soap is potassium salts of fatty acids
Pyrethrin is made from crushed chrysanthemum

there’s also BTi, BTk and many others

integrated pest management - regular applications of a preventative pest treatment like SNS or Neem Oil. The idea is to treat them all thru veg and for the first week or 2 in flower.

generally speaking you want to curtail most ipm a week ot 2 after flipping to flower but there are a few remedies like Safers Soap that are ok during flower. For example Neem oil / Neem seed meal is great in veg but also quite pungent too and can impart a nasty bad taste to your buds plus it can cause pistols to burn.

whew she’s a beauty, you’ve done an amazing job!!!
Ok sounds good. I'll order some SNS PC and just use it until the buds really starting to form and then only if I absolutely have too. I'm still crossing my fingers it was something simple like sap lol.

Thanks for the quick responses and the kind words!

aplogies the sleep fairy glued my eyeballs shut!

Safers Soap would be the best option for flower, cant really speak to the SNS in flower as I’ve never tried it, plus SNS contains small percentage of rosemary oil and/or clove oil. Generally speaking avoid spraying pistils at all costs as they can easily burn or die back.

Mix your potion, shake well and shake often while spraying, be sure to spray at lights out, mostly spraying leaf undersides and allowing time for the plant to dry before lights on

ahh thank you very much- it’s my pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom