Build Your Own LED Grow Light

Thanks You Salt!!

Yes, the timers stay current, as they are actually set Via wifi tablet or phone, as the command center per say.. I love it.. Timing was a big problem for me. I even had timers but took to much room up on a strip or something like that. This is awesome for those things.. I have another single sonoff Im going to be using for my watering ring. Finally got a flowrate valve to use, and FOOD GRADE tubing for my nutes. The last tube i got from the Zon says, " Nontoxic No lead" but then says, in the state of Cali, this product contains ingredients labeled to cause birth defects and cancer",,,, SOOOOo, I didnt even use it, and got a beverage line for tap systems. Now, I can get that all set up tomorrow.

Soooooo much goes into this stuff, soooo many odds and ends, like never stopping..

thanks again Salt,,

Everything causes cancer in cali brotatoe chip! Lol
Thanks You Salt!!

Yes, the timers stay current, as they are actually set Via wifi tablet or phone, as the command center per say.. I love it.. Timing was a big problem for me. I even had timers but took to much room up on a strip or something like that. This is awesome for those things.. I have another single sonoff Im going to be using for my watering ring. Finally got a flowrate valve to use, and FOOD GRADE tubing for my nutes. The last tube i got from the Zon says, " Nontoxic No lead" but then says, in the state of Cali, this product contains ingredients labeled to cause birth defects and cancer",,,, SOOOOo, I didnt even use it, and got a beverage line for tap systems. Now, I can get that all set up tomorrow.

Soooooo much goes into this stuff, soooo many odds and ends, like never stopping..

thanks again Salt,,

...Soooooo much goes into this stuff, soooo many odds and ends, like never stopping...

I know what you mean. For me the priorities are grow light, ventilation, and then watering. I'm thinking along the lines of a peristaltic pump per plant. I've got lots of time though. I won't be able to afford them until next year.

The thing that makes it tough is the tech is always improving. But the environment can be best dialed in with good lighting.

I got my qb132 yesterday.

Still debating what driver to run. They max at 2000 mA so it's a dimmable HLG-360H-C2100 or the HLG-240H-C1750

Don’t forget to be using the Emerson effect guys and gals!

I had to look it up...

The Emerson effect is the increase in the rate of photosynthesis after chloroplasts are exposed to light of wavelength 680 nm (deep red spectrum) and more than 680 nm (far red spectrum). ... The effect was early evidence that two photosystems, processing different wavelengths, cooperate in photosynthesis.

It seriously does work already proved it with my last run. Cropped down a whole week early also controlled my plants stretch...

I've ordered the COBs (CLU048 1216 3000K) etc for my flowering light. I read about adding deep red, far red, IR, and UV but didn't know the name of the Emerson Effect. I'm not adding them for a while, as increased production/decreased time can easily be attributed to gaining growing experience. I don't have the room, or lights to do side by side grows.

YIKES! :cough: Sticker Shock... :cough::cough:

Code:
CLU048-1216C4 3000K 80CRI                      8    $ 13.00    $104.00
thermal tape                                   8    $  0.30    $  2.40
Ideal 50-2204CT + Ideal 50-2100AN + Reflector  8    $  4.60    $ 36.80
Pre-drilled heatsink (163mm)                   8    $ 15.00    $120.00
Wago 222-412                                   5    $  0.40    $  2.00
MW HLG-240H-C1750B                             2    $ 55.00    $110.00
Shipping cost                                  1    $115.00    $115.00
Charge by PayPal(3.8%)                         1    $ 18.62    $ 18.62
Subtotal                                                       $508.82
Total                                                          $508.82 USD / $682.22 CAD

I'm thinking of a TC421 WiFi time programmable led controller, and using one of the five channels for power to the drivers via a relay. A 20K resistor in series with the dim input for the drivers should drop the voltage from 0-12 to 0-10V.

full

TC421 WiFi Time Programmable Led Controller​

heads up salt. I looked at this unit, and it says to not hook up 2 drivers into this thing.

I was interested myself, but I use 2 drivers, like yourself.

maybe im wrong, but thought Id share that info with you.

I wanted the dimming too, for sun/set/rise, but ended going the 2 cobs (3000K) on for 1half hour at 25watts each, then all 4 will be one for rest of day at 300watts, then back down last half hour. Works good enough for me i guess.

Back
Top Bottom