Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Day 27 (4 weeks out of 9 weeks flowering).

Keeping a close eye on them..

20210320_115248.jpg
20210320_114258.jpg
Looking good, Boss! :Rasta:

Not a lot happening. Buds are getting fatter and frostier.

I was hoping someone could check the timings here on my seed info.

I did 7 weeks vegging. (bit long but they got off to a slow start). They have been 12/12 now since Feb 19th, five weeks.

Is it nine weeks of flowering when they need cutting?

Regardless. Flowering time on a photoperiod will be weeks from initiating flowering. With autos its usually given in weeks from seed to harvest. Most are optimistic but some are pretty spot on I've found.

Hang on I've just realised something. How did you get an autoflower to veg for 7 weeks? Were they supposed to be autos but ended up not being autos?
And, if autos, why were they switched to 12/12?

Day 37

Going along nicely. Think I will use the topping method next time. Those two big tops are keeping the light a bit higher than I'd have like.

The one on the left definitely has the bigger buds. Interesting, because they have been treated exactly the same.

20210328_181814.jpg

20210328_181219.jpg
20210328_181235.jpg

The one on the left definitely has the bigger buds. Interesting, because they have been treated exactly the same.
Yeah, you can get what they call different pheno in the same strain, slight difference that repeats. Most strains have two to three 'differences ' if they are stable, slightly more indica or sativa and the odd 'that's better at budding'.
It's why some people go 'pheno hunting' to find that special plant, then clone it again and again, they call that a keeper.

Day 41

Getting towards the business end of the grow. Nervous times. It says 55 to 75 days.
Does anyone with experience of Gelato or indicas have any advice about when to harvest?

I know I am looking for the trichomes to have around 75% of them cloudy. They look crystal clear at the mo.
20210401_183130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom