Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Mine are 2 sf 1000's side by side.

What size veg tent are you thinking of getting? I know you're in a small room but It would be good to get the largest tent your space allows, gives you more options down the line, maybe to be used as a flower tent and the shower cubicle as the veg, flexibility.
What space you got?

The shower cubicle is in the very best spot for flowering. Light tight and venting straight to the window.

I have a chest of drawers/cabinet. 3 ft wide by 2 foot depth. Over 4 ft high.
This is in the main bedroom, so I thought best for vegging.

No room to put tents in without removing bedroom furniture.

Plants look really content, Boss. Keep up the good work! :Rasta:

Day 10

All is well. Watering with biobuzz grow, and biobuzz bloom.

20210303_114334.jpg

Close up of them.

To maximise the light to as many buds as I can, I really want to cut some of the big leaves off.

Day 10, surely they could handle it?

Hey, Bosscat.

Those are some beauties!

Rather than remove leaves you might want to try GENTLY bending those tallest branches down to, like, 45 degree angles. Doing so will expose many of the bud sites that are currently hidden by big leaves at the top. Those bud sites will be exposed to the light and develop much bigger buds than they otherwise would have.

If you try this, please be patient and careful. Select the point on the stem where you want too bend it and give it a good firm squeeze and slowly start bending it in the desired direction.

If you do this, those branches will bend right back up to the light within a day or so. You want to keep them bent at that angle.

I use large plastic-coated paper clips to fashion a gizmo to hold them down (a GDBclip).
IMG_2360.jpg
Happy growing!

I’m gonna take a picture tonight or in the morning with my ugly ass fan leaves still attached . I pull them when they snap off with a slight tug. They are 10 different colors atm

Day 24

They are progressing nicely. However the one on the left has yellow leaves and today I noticed large brown patches on it.

The right hand one has dark green waxy leaves and seems perfect.

Any ideas? I did water them late, a couple of days ago. May have been dry longer than they like?

I am using biobizz nutes, Grow, bloom and top max. Using manufacturers recommended doses.

20210317_081847.jpg
20210317_081858.jpg

I'm not familiar with the nutrients you are using Boss. So I am reluctant to comment about what might be up with the yellowing. That plant looks under-watered to me though. Do you water until run-off?

I'm not familiar with the nutrients you are using Boss. So I am reluctant to comment about what might be up with the yellowing. That plant looks under-watered to me though. Do you water until run-off?

I do water to run off, but due to work, I got to them a little late.

I will just see how they go.

Hey bosscat. Plants look amazing, I haven't seen them in a couple of weeks and boy they've grown:thedoubletake:
You've got to be pleased with them, I would be.

So, when the plants are in flower their demands go up, some plants can be greadier than others for phosphorous and potassium and when using LED calcium also. This can appear as a deficiency that can colour leaves as the plant extracts those stored elements from the leaves to compensate.
But can also be caused by what's called lock out. Sometimes something in the soil isn't right ,wrong ph for example stopping the plant finding the nutes available so it feeds from the leaves again. Also if over time there can be a salt build up in the soil that causes lockout with same result.

That's the bit that takes experience, knowing whether it's hungry or lockout.

Lockout
Some nutrient companies tell you to flush (rinse the soil) at some point in their nute schedule. Do you know if bio bizz suggest a flush.

Deficiency
Like I said, can be simply a case of adding a little supplement of more demand on a simple mineral.

To me it looks like a small k (potassium ) or mag deficiency. That's why in late flowering I add a little extra on top of the base nutrient. p (phosphorous) and k (potassium ) booster and a little cal/mag.
I use Buddha tree pk9/18 and terpinator which is high in k. Not too much cause they're strong.
Bio bizz will have their own versions.
But before you add anything, check their nute schedule to make sure if they advice a flush.

Excuse the long waffle.

Thanks for the info. That's Brill.

I am using the three nutes as per the instructions. Grow, bloom and top max.

My water is very hard, so i thought there would be no probs with calcium. I will look at the biobizz range and see if there is anything else I can add.

No mention of a flush in the schedule.

I am using the allmix biobizz soil.

They were very light when lifted, I think they were underwatered. Gave them a good watering, so let's see how they react.

Screenshot_20210127-152457_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom