Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Day 43

They are getting really bushy but not very high, about 10 Inches. Happy to veg for as long as it takes.

I know they got off to a slow start and the reasons why.

Still too early to be removing leaves?

I seem to have lost control of the tieing down.

20210212_181421.jpg
Looking nice and healthy bosscat, perfect colour. This is where the patience comes in to play, nothing to do but let them grow.
I haven't touched my plants for the last 4 days, just about to water 3 of them now. New growers find it strange at first that you need to do nothing, sometimes for a week at a time.

Wow just read the whole thing. Good job recovering and making them flourish.
I've noticed you prone to pruning... It's a personal preference how you grow, for me, I try to emulate nature where I can. My current grow (first one) I've let 2 plants grow almost neutrality, almost no pruning, and other 3 girls with extensive lollipoping. It's my little experiment :)

Anyways good job, and keep updating!

Day 47

What's people's thoughts on these now?

Is there anything I should be doing?

20210216_131948.jpg
The one on the left is gonna be A GIANT! She wasn't topped?
Looking very healthy to me.. And vigorous too.
I'm waiting to hear what other guys Will suggest, I'd switch it to flower but that's MY grow space :)

Cheers.

That's the response I was hoping for. I will start the flowering in a day or so.

I have a 6 ft height, less the light to play around with, so will have to watch that.

Watering today, then switch to biobizz bloom nutes for the next week's watering. Does that sound right or do I wait before switching the nutes over?

Day 50

Switched to flowering.

And I am going to ask again..

Should I be looking at removing some leaves?

20210219_143000.jpg
If you want to remove some, the big fans at the bottom are good candidates. You can do a general clean up near the bottom of the plants, removing big fans and any little baby stems that may be starting down low but will never reach the top of the plant.

Hey, Beast!

I'll weigh in with my humble opinion.

Before I started growing I spent about a month on this site, reading about how to grow weed, how to dry/cure it and all kinds of other weed related topics. As a result of the opinions I formed from that exercise, I have never flushed a plant, believing that a proper dry and cure is all that is needed for nice-tasting weed. None of the plants I've grown and smoked has changed my mind about not flushing.

I defol everything, whether auto or photo.

This was a harder thing for me to buy into but now I'm all in.

Of course defol helps with air circulation. But I believe it also forces the plant to concentrate its energy to was is left on the plant, hence nicer buds. When I clean up the bottoms of my girls, I make sure to remove any tiny stems or flowering sites that will not make it to the top of the canopy. I try to strip the bottoms naked.

In the end I want all of my plants to look something like this Brooklyn Sunrise autoflower that I grew last summer.

P1030460.JPG
Boss, I thought of you when I posted this on another site this morning. Hope it helps! :Rasta:

I am going to try trimming them a bit tomorrow.

So just to be clear, I can remove all the hidden small growth at the bottom of the main stem. The stuff that is no where near the top of the plant?

And I am guessing the fan leaves are the largest leaves. How many of them can you afford to remove?

I will be on day 3 of flowering, tomorrow.

I have seen your lollipopping, Grand Daddy Black. Interesting.

And can someone tell me what a bud site looks like? Lol

20210220_184424.jpg

20210220_184431.jpg

I am going to try trimming them a bit tomorrow.

So just to be clear, I can remove all the hidden small growth at the bottom of the main stem. The stuff that is no where near the top of the plant?

And I am guessing the fan leaves are the largest leaves. How many of them can you afford to remove?

I will be on day 3 of flowering, tomorrow.

I have seen your lollipopping, Grand Daddy Black. Interesting.

And can someone tell me what a bud site looks like? Lol

20210220_184424.jpg

20210220_184431.jpg
It's not an exact science, Boss. And you don't, and probably shouldn't, try to do it all in one sitting. Just concentrate on the bottom stuff for now. The lowest set of fan leaves (yes the big ones) can definitely go.

Have fun! :Rasta:

Thanks @Grand Daddy Black

When you say low fan leaves. Do you mean low in the canopy or near the bottom of the main trunk?

I will take some off, but not too much.
Near the bottom of the main trunk, among the first that appeared on the plant. :nomo:

Please post before and after pics!

Day 50

Switched to flowering.

And I am going to ask again..

Should I be looking at removing some leaves?

20210219_143000.jpg
no do not remove any leaves , it kills me to see people say things like sure go ahead take the big fan leaves at the bottom, it’s not like they are covering up anything right now you do have flowers yet . Your plant needs those fan leaves to grow

no do not remove any leaves , it kills me to see people say things like sure go ahead take the big fan leaves at the bottom, it’s not like they are covering up anything right now you do have flowers yet . Your plant needs those fan leaves to grow
Boss, @Ghostwriter31 does not agree and his advice may be better. I can't say with any certainty. But we don't want to "kill" him over this. :laughtwo:

It's like I said before, a lot of what is done is a matter of personal preference.

I can tell you this. Leaving those low leaves on is not going to negatively affect your plant. And, when your plant is done with them, she'll get rid of them on her own. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom