Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Looking great mate. Nice happy lady. Yeah a good rule to use when starting out is when you think they need watering to wait another 1/2 Or full day. Then you'll learn when they really do need watering. :welldone:
Cheers. They are showing no signs of underwatering. So I'm happy to leave them another day.

I was just looking at some more tieing down. Good tips.

They are starting to look really healthy Bosscat! removing that yellow leaf would open your plant up nicely. Nice work man
Thanks.

I was questioning whether I could take off a leaf or maybe two?

What is the thinking regarding removal of healthy leaves?

I did some more tieing, about an hour ago. The yellowing leaf is tucked out of the way now.

Righty

20210205_192226.jpg

Lefty

20210205_192209.jpg

Thanks.

I was questioning whether I could take off a leaf or maybe two?

What is the thinking regarding removal of healthy leaves?

I did some more tieing, about an hour ago. The yellowing leaf is tucked out of the way now.

Righty

20210205_192226.jpg

Lefty

20210205_192209.jpg
I'm very new to the game, I think alot of it comes down to personal preference, no harm in experimenting if you plan to grow some more!

All I usually worry about at this stage is shaping the plant, tying that main stem down so the others catch up, then spread it out. That's a bit difficult when the main stem is hanging over the edge of the pot like yours.
You could train it around the pot like vetsmoke suggested, or place a stick/trellis across the pot and secure the main stem that way.
Plenty of time to remove leaves later.

All I usually worry about at this stage is shaping the plant, tying that main stem down so the others catch up, then spread it out. That's a bit difficult when the main stem is hanging over the edge of the pot like yours.
You could train it around the pot like vetsmoke suggested, or place a stick/trellis across the pot and secure the main stem that way.
Plenty of time to remove leaves later.

I will continue tieing down.

Day 42. 6 weeks!

Wasn't January a long long month? Seems ages since I sowed these Gelato seeds.

They are bushy but not very high. Still, I think they are looking prettttyyy good.

The pots are starting to feel dry, so watering intervals are getting shorter.

What do you all think?
20210211_191557.jpg
20210211_191414.jpg

I know they got off to a slow start and the reasons why.
Since you know this, Boss, why not let them get bigger before you starting cutting on her! :Rasta:

I thought it might help with the lower growth and leaves.

Wouldn't topping the main stem encourage better growth from the other branches?

Or I can be patient.
At the end it's a matter of personal preference.

Do what you feel like doing! That's how you learn stuff. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom