Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

Thanks for that.

I have decided to top one and LST the other. Already tied one over. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.
Nice. Only thing I'd say is be careful of doing too much at once. They've just been transplanted so may be recovering from that and then the topping and LST will add more stress. May slow them down temporarily.

Day 30

Decided to go LST for both. It's great to see the new growth coming through.

20210130_120113.jpg
20210130_120153.jpg

next time you lst plant them off to the side of the pot when you up pot, to give them room to grow before going over the side.

Day 33

It's been a week since I up potted. I soaked until run off. I then wetted the top few inches, a couple of days ago. The soil has some moisture but definitely not over watered.

I bent the stems over and they are getting bushier.

One has yellowing of the leaf again. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
20210202_195410.jpg
20210202_195418.jpg

Hey bosscat,
Usually the yellowing of the lower leaves indicates it's hungry, but yours was showing signs of that before up potting. The new growth looks nice green and healthy. You're also feeding it nutrients now, so i would hold tight and carry on what you're doing.
As the plant gets bigger you need to up the nutrient strength. @VetSmoke85 put up a chart, I'd look at that for guidance.
If you carry on feeding you'll be fine, but you've gotta let the soil dry out inbetween.
Do you have a way of measuring nutrient strength? I have a ec/ppm truncheon .

Hey bosscat,
Usually the yellowing of the lower leaves indicates it's hungry, but yours was showing signs of that before up potting. The new growth looks nice green and healthy. You're also feeding it nutrients now, so i would hold tight and carry on what you're doing.
As the plant gets bigger you need to up the nutrient strength. @VetSmoke85 put up a chart, I'd look at that for guidance.
If you carry on feeding you'll be fine, but you've gotta let the soil dry out inbetween.
Do you have a way of measuring nutrient strength? I have a ec/ppm truncheon .

Thanks for the info. I will hold off the watering. My moisture meter shows the soil is moist.

I wander how far the roots would have spread by now?

The nutrients show 1 ml per litre throughout the veg state.

Would you increase from that?

If that's what the chart says I'd stick to that, but they usually increase as the plant grows, I've never used bio nutes.

The leaves will tell you what's going on, if the plant was to carry on yellowing on the lower leaves then you could up the strength. But like I said, the new growth is nice so see how it progresses.

Do you know the ph of the water you give them?

As Lister said, I'd stick to the 1ml/L that the chart states. PH @ 6.3 and let the pots fully dry between waterings. When it's fully dry the pot weight will feel like a pot full of perlite. That'll make those roots spread right out. Then give a good feed to run off and continue the cycle. They'll be big bushes in no time.

If that's what the chart says I'd stick to that, but they usually increase as the plant grows, I've never used bio nutes.

The leaves will tell you what's going on, if the plant was to carry on yellowing on the lower leaves then you could up the strength. But like I said, the new growth is nice so see how it progresses.

Do you know the ph of the water you give them?

Yeah the chart shows 1ml throughout. They are in the allmix soil.

The yellow leaf, just one, looks to be the oldest leaf. But the rest do look good.

PH is between 6 and 7. Nearer 6, so I am happy with that.

I just expected them to be bigger after 33 days. I think I left them in the small pots a little too long. No added nutrients for 3 weeks, probably didn't help.

As Lister said, I'd stick to the 1ml/L that the chart states. PH @ 6.3 and let the pots fully dry between waterings. When it's fully dry the pot weight will feel like a pot full of perlite. That'll make those roots spread right out. Then give a good feed to run off and continue the cycle. They'll be big bushes in no time.

I will be patient. You are spot on. I have read Emilya's watering guide.

It looks like it will be over 8 days from initial watering. But there is definite moisture. I will wait.

Big bushes are the aim.

Hey bosscat,
As the plant gets bigger you need to up the nutrient strength. @VetSmoke85 put up a chart, I'd look best to learn the weight of the pots. You'll get the feel for it. A small plant will take a while to use up all that water. I'll echo Bluter, you're doing okay :thumb:
My mistake was moistening the soil before I had a feel for the dry weight.

Those plants look fine, Boss. You've received some good guidance and are back on track.

Keep it up! :Rasta:

Looking great mate. Nice happy lady. Yeah a good rule to use when starting out is when you think they need watering to wait another 1/2 Or full day. Then you'll learn when they really do need watering. :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom