C99 - Ghost Train Haze - Chocolate Mint OG - In Hempy Under LED

Or go to a camping store and buy shorter top vertical corner poles..
I have a bunch of tent poles laying in a junk pile outback. A good junk pile is a valuable resource for a DIY minded person. Plus im just to lazy to clean it up lol. Thanks grizz, i have not owned a growtent so i wasnt sure how they are made.

All seeds have cracked except for the 2 ghost trains, hopefully we will get some action in the next couple days. I went ahead and put them all in jiffy pellets. One of the choc mint ogs in the top right corner is fired up and ready to grow.
IMG_956610.JPG

While we are waiting for these plants to grow I will tell you a tale....

About twenty years ago i lived in a Kentucky trailer park with my good buddy Tony T, (The same Kentucky trailer park where the toothbrush was invented), We lived the poor carpenters life, paid on Friday, broke on Monday. We grew four little plants in a cold dark closet with a 4' T12. The plants never got fed, or watered, for 3 months. I think they were surviving off of leaves and rainwater falling through holes in the roof. One day i went back to check if they were still alive and i swear one of them was eating a mouse! That clinched it! They were goin outside. So me and Tony picked them up with one plant in each arm and started running as fast a we could through a trailer park in the middle of the day with these plants! I guess we thought we were so fast we were invisible

We planted all four at the edge of a Kentucky tobacco field, on the outskirts of a trailerpark. We'd go and check on them every now and then, and they were actually lookin ptretty damn good. Well one day, when the autumn leaves started to fall, we went to MURDER those plants!! But When we got there, 3 of the plants were missing. Only 1 remained. Why did the thieves leave just one plant we wondered? And the one plant they left us looked like some funky monkey. We were sooo happy.
high-five.gif
. We had grown sum Grey colored weed!!!! We had never heard of weed being grey, so it Must be the bomb. when we cut it up, it even had grey powder in it. We smoked the hell out of it!! It tasted like shit and our lungs ached everyday........ and Tony got pneumonia
11.gif
but it was Free WEED!!

I was reading a post about bud rot and I saw the exact same plant that Tony and I grew, LOL!!

Tony did not really get pneumonia! Everything else is True, even the mouse.............

One of the choc mint og's in now in hempy. Another mint og and a c99 are almost ready for a perlite bucket. The 2 ghost trains have finally cracked open and are in jiffy pellets now. I have some leftover general organics that has been outside all winter that i plan to use. Hopefully they are still good. We will see.
IMG_95864.JPG
IMG_95874.JPG

Nick, I've got a couple of questions about your setup. How much perlite is in the container? and how big is the container. I assume you treat this setup like hydroponic? I'm following this with great interest .... looks like something I might like to try in the future. Do you reuse the perlite? if so any special treatment between grows? :Namaste:

Nick, I've got a couple of questions about your setup. How much perlite is in the container? and how big is the container. I assume you treat this setup like hydroponic? I'm following this with great interest .... looks like something I might like to try in the future. Do you reuse the perlite? if so any special treatment between grows? :Namaste:

hey budman, these are little 1.5 gallon trash cans i picked up at the dollar store filled with straight perlite. i water with nutes just like i would if using soil, every 5-8 days when the pots gets light. The growth is atleast double that of soil. Im not sure if this is like hydro or not cuz ive never done hydro.

Here is the little comparison i did of two ghost train haze clones. One is hempy and one in soil. The clones were exactly the same size at the start.
image16638.jpeg
image16639.jpeg
image16809.jpeg
image16810.jpeg
image17111.jpeg
image17786.jpeg

Now I am a hempy convert lol.

people do re-use the perlite. Ive heard they just wash it off with water for 30 minutes or so and its good to go.

This is a pic of the root ball of the hempy
IMG_85245.JPG
IMG_85254.JPG

:passitleft:

Now that's just embarrassing, poor little soil lass.. I'm sure she tried her best :rofl: that's just redonkulous when you look at it like that :rofl: I want to really like soil indoors, but damn slow,small, hard work, messy, amending etc, im close to following back to perlite, maybe hempys. But I'm going all the way, chemicals steroids and a little dose of kickarse :rofl:

Now that's just embarrassing, poor little soil lass.. I'm sure she tried her best :rofl: that's just redonkulous when you look at it like that :rofl: I want to really like soil indoors, but damn slow,small, hard work, messy, amending etc, im close to following back to perlite, maybe hempys. But I'm going all the way, chemicals steroids and a little dose of kickarse :rofl:
haha totally redonkulus grizz. Yea soil has its benefits i reckon but fast growth is not one of them. Unless you invest in doc buds brix maybe which i want to give a go one of these days. The roots on these plants definitely luv growing in the perlite. A little dose of kickass goes a long way too. :rofl::passitleft:Also a good magic spell helps if you know how to do it properly.
welcome guy

Stop teasing me with hempy, you know I'm gonna have to buy a pH tester before I can give it a whirl. :passitleft:
:passitleft:i cant help it mazin. Also the hempy clone was much healthier then the soil clone, just sayin lol. Now i will show you the true power of perlite.

NIck what pH do you maintain in the perlite??

NIck what pH do you maintain in the perlite??
i stay 6.2 - 6.5. General organics says that the ph will automatically adjust after mixing but after i mix up a gallon the ph usually runs around 8. I seem to use a shit ton of ph down. But i am using well water that is 250 ppm out of the faucet. I do everything the same as soil. Water at the same time, the same strength, with the same nutes. Just much better growth above and below. Plus perlite is cheap and widely available.

Two plants so far

Chocolate Mint OG
IMG_96056.JPG

C99
IMG_96064.JPG

I forgot about the seeds in the jiffy pellets and they dried out and died, so i have some more started. These new seeds are either ghost train haze or (ghost train haze X big buddha cheese) i found single hermie flower on my favorite big buddha cheese while harvesting but the seeds were found in the ghost train. About 10 seeds all together. Should be good knowmatter what. Ill definately keep a close eye on them though.

Just as slow if not slower in hi-brix..

Hey brother I'm a little late but I made it lol. For ph down I use Apple cider vinegar, usually only takes about 3 drops to bring the ph of a gallon jug worth of nutes down from 6.0ish to about 5.5-5.6. Can't wait to see what you do this time round.

Thanks Lex, i have some apple cider vinegar in the cabinet. You go 5.5 - 5.6 in hempy? Maybe i should too. I reckon Ill just play it by ear and see what happens. Your not late dude, just in time. Gonna put a few ghost trains in 2 liter Mt Dew bottles today. Later mon

Thanks Lex, i have some apple cider vinegar in the cabinet. You go 5.5 - 5.6 in hempy? Maybe i should too. I reckon Ill just play it by ear and see what happens. Your not late dude, just in time. Gonna put a few ghost trains in 2 liter Mt Dew bottles today. Later mon

Ya I go for 5.5-5.6 in my hempys, tead explained it to me something like this, different nutrients are absorbed at different ranges and ph naturally drifts up over time so if you ph at 5.5 the ph will drift up allowing the plant to uptake the different nutrients. Now if you ph at 5.8 it will still drift up but any of the nutes that are absorbed at a lower ph won't be able to cause the ph was too high. Tead explains it better lol. O your gonna run 2Ls this go round huh? Well don't veg for too long or they will get rootbound as hell, I usually try to not veg past a month roughly when using 2Ls but that is my guideline for clones, for seedlings I would say send em to flower when the plant is roughly as tall as the 2L bottle. You doing any crazy training this time?

Ya I go for 5.5-5.6 in my hempys, tead explained it to me something like this, different nutrients are absorbed at different ranges and ph naturally drifts up over time so if you ph at 5.5 the ph will drift up allowing the plant to uptake the different nutrients. Now if you ph at 5.8 it will still drift up but any of the nutes that are absorbed at a lower ph won't be able to cause the ph was too high. Tead explains it better lol. O your gonna run 2Ls this go round huh? Well don't veg for too long or they will get rootbound as hell, I usually try to not veg past a month roughly when using 2Ls but that is my guideline for clones, for seedlings I would say send em to flower when the plant is roughly as tall as the 2L bottle. You doing any crazy training this time?
Okay thanks for the advice Lex. I will start out low like you guys then. Ill probably veg 3-4 weeks too. I dont know about training yet. Probably just top after the 3rd node and then do a little LST after that to spread them out as much as possible.

Okay thanks for the advice Lex. I will start out low like you guys then. Ill probably veg 3-4 weeks too. I dont know about training yet. Probably just top after the 3rd node and then do a little LST after that to spread them out as much as possible.

I still love what you did with your sour d last journal she was a beauty!

Thanks man, i need to grow some more SD. Very good smoke as you know. I have 5 fem seeds left. I been giving away alot of the seeds i have. With the space im in it would take me 20 years to grow them all. I sent my friend in montana a pile. Trying to get him to quit buying and start growing your own. He can even get a green card and be legal.

Back
Top Bottom