CA215 Indoor #3

Sub'd! :) Plants are looking great. Really looking forward to seeing you run a SCROG. The porta SCROG from Pj looks awesome! I've been wanting to incorporate SCROG into my grow but I do multiple strains and I like accessing/moving each individual plan. Previously I was just going to use tomato cages for branch support but now I'm thinking porta SCROG. Thanks for the great idea Pj!

Too late now but ya could've duct tapped the broken top lol. She probably would've recovered splendidly but personally I think topping them all will help you get a fuller SCROG anyways. I've been beating the hell out of my plants. Lolly popping mid flower, bending branches, pinching branches, pruning, and these girls just keep on growing even faster lol.

Ironically I was just watching weed wars on Netflix and the best grower for harbor side was selling out sage n sour within a few hours of delivery. That strain is definitely on my bucket list now :D

Keep up the great work!

Definitely liking the porta scrog idea as well, think I might give it an attempt. Will see how my idea pans out and if it gets the 420mag stamp of approval :laugh: I haven't went this hard on the girls in veg yet on any of the grow so it will be fun, hopefully I don't stunt them too much though. The s&s were freebies also, amazing the transformation! I have been temped to pop a couple mazaris but keep slapping my own hand, wait, wait till next outdoor season. Will have to give that episode a look see, did they show the buds? the breeders picture looks amazing!! Almost foxtaily buds but they look denser than a mo fo!

Nice defoliation there my friend. They are going to love it in the end.

Thanks mono :Namaste: Hope we got more to show on the s&s after the topping stress has relieved!!

CA you meanie, what did that poor plant ever do to you lol? just joking of course, I did that to the Super Cheese I am getting ready to flower, pulled her down to much then SNAP! Well she is looking good now, just slowed her down a bit.

I thought she could handle it, silly me. Those cindys are a strong plant they have got nice thick stalks forming, im thinking it was 90% the fans fault as it stops on her and turns back the other way, she gets pelted.. ill take the 10%, might have been rough on the girl :headbanger: rip killer looking top!! may you juice well.. figure she will take a couple days, probably the whole lot I did some intense choppin :)

RIP . Shame that is, still that grow rooms going to look insane with the rest of them in full bloom getting bushy already :goodjob:

RIP TWIGGY!! she will prosper in the end :Namaste: thanks confused1!

The two SRoG girls are in 5 gallon G-Lite fabric pots. Next run I'll only be doing one plant and I'll use either a 7 or 10 gallon one. The tomato frames have several concentric rings. The diameter of the rings gets smaller from top to bottom. So long as the ring below the top ring is buried in soil it will be anchored well in the pot.

There are different sizes of tomato cages. A cage with a 12" diameter top ring is a great fit for a five gallon fabric pot.

One of the bonuses I like with the fabric pots is they work great with the preventative flushing routine I'm using. You can see it in my journal on page 11. I have a batch of tea brewing for the next watering. I'm going to put the tea into the big tub and let the girls have a planar water table bath in it. They will drink deeply of the tea. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Alright, I seem to be in 5s right now, I picked up some new pots today (not fabric:shhh:) if I recall they didn't say the gal size on them! They are 5~ also but would fit for a transplant (but I am not sure about a transplant). Any thoughts on taking off the bottom ring and sticking the three prongs through to the bottom, or would the "force of the scrog" push the screen upwards pulling the prongs with it? If so I might as well wait until I start some new seedlings? Will give that a look, sounds like a good thorough watering, sure they are going to freakin love that :smokin:

Here are some pics, whatcha think?

100_53022.JPG
100_53012.JPG
100_53031.JPG

That is what I am messing with right now, Of course a transplant would be brutal!! Sounds janky..

I've stood at the top of a cliff many times and encouraged friends to leap into water that was plenty deep to be safe. Some jump and some don't. Never seen anyone jump and die. Then again, my friend Sam dove headfirst and hit rock when I wasn't there once. RIP Sam!

Eyeball the situation. Hold one of the plants you are thinking of moving into that rig up to the big pot at supposed soil height. The screen looks a little high. You want the current height of the plant to roughly equal screen height after transplant. If some bits of the plant are a tad higher than the target level, that's cool. If the screen level is too high use your wire snips to remove the bottom ring and cut the appropriate length off each leg to lower the rig. That will drop the middle ring down farther below soil level. DO NOT attach the screen to the top of the tomato cage until after you transplant. I don't have that lowest ring on my rig.

We are just supposing you go for the jump at this point. Look at it and think about it...

What are the dimensions of the squares in the grid? The most difficult part of the whole process for me was finding a suitable screen. As you grow horizontally across the screen you let the tops grow up through a hole. When they get up a couple of inches you have to pull the top down through the hole and put it up into the next hole - or even two holes over. The farther away you get from center, the bigger the growth is going to get at the top. If the holes are too small you are going to beat the crap out of the growth when you pull it down through the screen and push or encourage it up through a hole one or two squares away.

420 member Alex (with some numbers after Alex) has a SCRoG going where he never forced the tops back under the screen. He used zipties to bind the horizontal growth to the top of the screen. His tactic impresses me and I'm likely to go that route next time. Check it out if you haven't seen it. His journal is frequently at or near the top of the first page. His SCRoG is fixed in place but his innovation would work equally well for a Porta-SCRoG.

To transplant eyeball the depth of the container the plant is currently in. Fill the new pot with the tomato frame in it to the required level with slightly moist soil. Put the plant you are going to transplant on top of the soil in the new pot and check the level. Add or remove soil to get the level right. Then, put the plant you are going to transplant (still in it's pot) back on top of the soil in the new pot. Pack soil around the little pot. Lift the little pot out and you will have a correctly sized well. Remove the transplant from its original pot and drop it in the well. Tamp it down. Voila! Water well. Cannafan has a nice pictorial of this process in her journal if you can find in in the bazillion pages of her well visited noob journal. Secure the screen to the top ring of the tomato frame. Feed growth that is scrunched up under the screen through the holes. You now have a Porta-Scrog.

This might sound complicated, but it isn't. I can tell by what you did today, CA, that you get it. Look, think, plan, act.

PeeJay, :thanks:

I've stood at the top of a cliff many times and encouraged friends to leap into water that was plenty deep to be safe. Some jump and some don't. Never seen anyone jump and die. Then again, my friend Sam dove headfirst and hit rock when I wasn't there once. RIP Sam!

Jump, CA, Jump! OK OK Im doing it! :winkyface:

I don't have that lowest ring on my rig.
Glad you think it also still looks high. I will begin my snipping!

What are the dimensions of the squares in the grid? The most difficult part of the whole process for me was finding a suitable screen. As you grow horizontally across the screen you let the tops grow up through a hole. When they get up a couple of inches you have to pull the top down through the hole and put it up into the next hole - or even two holes over. The farther away you get from center, the bigger the growth is going to get at the top.

I believe those are 1"x1" and 1' by 1', they did look a little small, but they seemed like they would work as they are just lying around the house. With my tent also being 4'X4' I could possibly keep somewhat of a nice order with these girls. I was thinking about setting up some pvc squares with the screws along the top and hemp string as the netting if the 1"x1" was going to be too small. I was reading that most people tend to shoot for 1 1/2" spacing but some use 1" and totally reap the goods! SO, I am still on the fences on what I am going to do.

Transplanting also is no biggie, the only thing that is concerning me is the size of the pots they are in now (spring pots) is about the same as the new plastic pots. I didn't want to go shoving the middle ring in the pictures above, through the newly stretching root zone, but its comes with the territory!

Alright.. Enough contemplating. Ima go start something.. :Namaste:

plants look good and those tomato cages are a good idea. cant wait to see em grow into it

plants look good and those tomato cages are a good idea. cant wait to see em grow into it

Thanks b.real :Namaste: I just got a freedom haze into one of the plastic pots.. Very tight fit! I was able to get an extra gallon for sure on the bottom with no ill effects of the root zone. Next.. I am going to attempt to just rig one of these tomato cages onto a sc in the spring pot.. If she does want to push the stakes out of the ground I will end up just tying them down to the pot.

Some quick shots!
100_53101.JPG

100_53141.JPG

100_5315.JPG

Gave her some water right after, and she is now back in the primo tent conditions! Now on to the rest :blunt:

LOL CA. Hey, nobody told me how to do what I did. I'm no demi-god of the porta-scrog. Look, think, plan, act. I saw it somewhere else before I did it and I don't know who to :adore:

I pray that you are not like drunken Sam who dived into a rock. :blunt:

Gotta say, jumpin wasn't too bad, half way down and nothing bad SO far :thumb: Everything is looking good.. I decided to transplant the other freedom haze into a plastic pot like the other. I am not transplanting the sage n sour or the cindys. they are a little dry and I just used up all my luck with the two freedom hazes LOL. Really do appreciate the info it is great to have second opinions. Will get some pics up when I am accomplished! Also, smoke break!
Popping out a nug of the indoor pineapple that has been curing for 2 months with humidipaks.. Yum.

CA, I have five fem Sage-n-Sour Beans in my seed stash. I'll be watching yours closely. I prefer a heavy down smoke for medical reasons. The sativa heavies are not my normal gig - but having some around for an occasional thrill ain't a bad thing.

Glad to see another porta-SCRoGer going at it. Now I won't feel so all alone. LOL. :peace:

CA, I have five fem Sage-n-Sour Beans in my seed stash. I'll be watching yours closely. I prefer a heavy down smoke for medical reasons. The sativa heavies are not my normal gig - but having some around for an occasional thrill ain't a bad thing.

Glad to see another porta-SCRoGer going at it. Now I won't feel so all alone. LOL. :peace:

Awesome, :thumb: probably doesn't mean much yet, but the vegging sage n sours smell the skunkiest and tastiest of them all. Mono has acquired some and just poped a few, might want to watch his girls thrive as well!
I also enjoy indica smoke over the sativas for my medical reasons, this was my thought process:
Free seeds first for experience (s&s and freedom haze), Seeds I bought for when I get enough (the collection).
I have quite abit of the sweet cindys left as well so I figured I would do a close to full sativa run,
if I recall the lowest in my research was 20%indica-80%sativa for the hybrid bog cindys.

Here is where we sit as of now, I went and smoked, totally grabbed the wrong plants and set them up with the cages not even noticing..
Wow that pineapple is nuts. So, 2 sweet cindys are without cages.. Ill go run into town tomorrow and pick up a couple more :peace:

100_5330.JPG
100_53231.JPG
100_5327.JPG
100_5329.JPG
100_5328.JPG
100_5325.JPG
100_53261.JPG
Nothing is in a particular order just placed in the tent, until next time :peace: CA215

I find you get the same high from both races of cannabis depending on maturity at harvest. Then again I've never had a pure indica or a pure sativa

I find you get the same high from both races of cannabis depending on maturity at harvest. Then again I've never had a pure indica or a pure sativa

That also makes sense and I do also believe that, My outdoor sour boggle was pulled a little early this season which was a sativa dom strain, definitely left me feeling a lot in my body with some mental attributes as well.. I want some bud that is going to make me laugh my arse off :)

I just made a big purchase in my book for growing, a 75 gpd RO/DI filter from BRS. I am sure that a lot of the issues I have is along the lines of pH and my water quality around here. I checked the ppms with my meter this morning & it was over 300, yikes.
Definitely amped to get this unit up and running for some feeding my girls will thank me for!

:peace:

That has to be my next purchase. i.e. RO system. I have been buying 2.5 gal water jugs from my local grocery store @ $3 each. I just can't use my well water. It's hard enough that it can chip a tooth just getting a sip.

:loopy:

I saw some folks talking about it on Backpackins thread and as I have been looking around for a nice little set up I gave them a look, was going to go the cheap route but after reading more into parts they use per. company it was getting janky. Of course the cheaper companies models are going to have plenty of issues.. I am starting to learn that slowly but surely that it is usually, in the best interest if you pay out instead of bargain (atleast in this case for ro filters :)) you will be happier off.

I think an RO system would be perfect for your set up skunk.. RO filter running directly to res, and pump that to your babies...
Did I ever tell you your op is the tits? ;)

Thanks Ca. again. I've wanted to grow my own for over 40 years. Something always got in the way. Didn't own my own place, kids, poor, CHEAP!!!!!!!!! and a dad who was a cop... Now I have my 215 card and I try to keep everything above board.

Although.... the wife keeps asking me if I'm still spending money on "That room" again. :rolleyes3

Very nice. Way to pull the trigger on doing the porta-scrog. I like it a lot. Props to both of you. I think I will be doing that method as well. First I gotta get the plants growing again. I was thinking of making something similar with bamboo and metal hangers. It would take a while, but it would be free :) Accidentally topped plant will be your fav, I have a feeling!

Thanks Ca. again. I've wanted to grow my own for over 40 years. Something always got in the way. Didn't own my own place, kids, poor, CHEAP!!!!!!!!! and a dad who was a cop... Now I have my 215 card and I try to keep everything above board.

Although.... the wife keeps asking me if I'm still spending money on "That room" again. :rolleyes3

Glad you are finally able to work your green thumb skunk :Namaste: I'm sure your wife will let you keep doing what makes ya happy as long as you abide by the bosses rules :;):

Very nice. Way to pull the trigger on doing the porta-scrog. I like it a lot. Props to both of you. I think I will be doing that method as well. First I gotta get the plants growing again. I was thinking of making something similar with bamboo and metal hangers. It would take a while, but it would be free :) Accidentally topped plant will be your fav, I have a feeling!

Thanks RS! Definitely like the concept, will be nice how my girls proceed with it. Will be better with some fresh seedlings for sure. I think you have a good idea buddy I say go for it! Start working with it with your spare time, by start up again you will be gravy! :) She is looking well! I think she will pull through fine :high-five:

Here are some snaps!

overalls
100_5346.JPG

100_5369.JPG
100_53721.JPG
100_53711.JPG
100_53701.JPG

Here are Cindys
100_5350.JPG
100_5349.JPG
100_5351.JPG
100_53531.JPG
100_5359.JPG
100_53472.JPG
100_5348.JPG

Freedome haze
100_5356.JPG
100_53571.JPG
100_53581.JPG

Sagensour
100_5365.JPG
100_53661.JPG
100_53671.JPG
100_5368.JPG
100_5360.JPG
100_5363.JPG

Some leaf curlage
100_5361.JPG
100_5362.JPG

Offtopic pictures, spice up the journal :laugh:
Pulled out some of the betsy haul to do a little finer manicuring
100_5337.JPG
100_5341.JPG
100_5338.JPG

That was pre clean up, didn't seem to take any after shots, too many vape bags to the dome :skeptical:

Here are some micros, mmmm..

The last of the experimental small statured Berry kush outdoor 13'.. piece off the last little nugglet, this stuff tasted like some starburst candies. One good strain from a dispensary :)
bk14.jpg

bk35.jpg
bk26.jpg
bk45.jpg
bk53.jpg

Blue dream outdoor 13', I let half of this girl go like betsy and she died.. very crunchy.. best not get into that..
But these buds were cut before this, very sweet aromatic buds, dense and gooey to high heaven.
Letting this stuff get a proper cure although none is needed
bd61.jpg

bd42.jpg

bd35.jpg

bd28.jpg

bd18.jpg

bd52.jpg

Sour boggle outdoor 13', this is from the 2nd harvest jar, very tasy smoke, smells like a danky OG, smokes like an OG, but carries a head numbing blitz that will make you loopy as heck.
bog22.jpg
bog11.jpg
bog41.jpg
bog31.jpg

Some of the indoor gsc, fruity nugs, very mild smell but delicious! The smoke is very smooth inhale and exhale, gives me a good body buzz with an accompanying laugh or two :)
gsc23.jpg

gsc14.jpg

gsc32.jpg
gsc42.jpg
gsc51.jpg

And the pineapple, probably my favorite of the crop. I was smoking this a lot and due to this, I have an o or two left, I put it in a big jar with the gsc (hidden at the bottom) in the back of the cupboard for later use.. special occasion smoke :joint:
pine14.jpg

pine23.jpg

pine42.jpg
pine32.jpg
pine51.jpg

There we are, hope you guys like some un related grow room shots, I bid you all a good day..

All buds used for above micros are being smoked, as of 1 minute after this post :tokin:

Thanks Mono! I wish your first guess was it, if I had a camera that good ahhh man, the possibilities :laugh: I struggle with the one I am using now. For those micro shots I use a USB plug in microscope (avion if I recall), I can use it to inspect my buds up close and personal with full stream to the laptop. It is a very nice handy unit, I opted for this instead of a jewelers loupe for the simplicity of posting pictures :)

Thanks Mono! I wish your first guess was it, if I had a camera that good ahhh man, the possibilities :laugh: I struggle with the one I am using now. For those micro shots I use a USB plug in microscope (avion if I recall), I can use it to inspect my buds up close and personal with full stream to the laptop. It is a very nice handy unit, I opted for this instead of a jewelers loupe for the simplicity of posting pictures :)

Ahh never thought of using things that way. Think i'ma have to look into one of those systems. Pretty neat :)

Back
Top Bottom