CA215 Indoor #3

Welcome to my 3rd indoor grow :welcome:

What strain is it? Freedom of Seeds Freedom Haze, TH Seeds Sage N Sour, & BOG Sweet Cindy
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Everything seems to be heavy sativa dom.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegetative
If in Veg... For how long? They have had an upbringing by window sill for a month and have been under light for almost two weeks, most of the new growth is looking kick ath and that is what I am shooting for
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? I am using Vermifire and FFOF. A couple plants have 50/50 of the two. Some added azomite, diatomaceous earth, perlite, and some great white.
If soil... What size pot? Currently in 5 gal spring pots filed about 3/5 full. Thinking about a bigger pot size possibly 7s for this go.. still contemplating.
Size of light? 300w (50%) at the moment MH, will bump up to 450 here soon. 600w hps for flower.. Maybe a second 600w to drill them tops? ;)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? At night 73f, High heat at 79f usually stays cooler.
RH of Room/cab? Varies by watering due to exhaust being run 24/7, 30-45%
PH of media or res? I usually shoot for 6.8 but have been working around with 6.5 as well for these girls
Any Pests ? Little damn green gnat lookin sobs.. I usually squish em. Might pick up some yellow sticky traps here soon. I have used some mosquito dunks in my 5 gal for a couple days and that seemed to knock em down pretty good. I see maybe one of them every couple days now.
How often are you watering? Every 3 days, sometimes 4.
Type and strength of ferts used? I am going to attempt fresh top soil and guano additions to keep these girls green. Teas I will be experimenting with in hopes to keep my root zone extra happy (but we will see about this).

100_4988.JPG
100_4999.JPG
100_5070.JPG
100_5065.JPG
100_5062.JPG
100_5061.JPG
100_5060.JPG
100_5057.JPG
100_5056.JPG
100_5055.JPG
100_5053.JPG
100_5052.JPG
100_5051.JPG
100_5050.JPG
100_50411.JPG
100_5039.JPG
100_50371.JPG
100_50361.JPG
100_50341.JPG
100_5044.JPG
100_5046.JPG
100_5048.JPG
100_5043.JPG

A lot of sativa I know.. Might need to start a couple indicas.. That is also being contemplated!
Might I add I am letting the girlfriend grow two plants her own way (with some of my direction of course :laugh:) to widen the horizon for our grow upkeep :) Always nice to have a helping hand!

Feel free to sub up, everyone is more than welcome :Namaste:

:joint: CA

Subbed up CA, cant wait to see you throw out a killer scrog. Should be awesome will all that space and the amount of light your planning to throw at them:). Looking super healthy in there at the moment. Well done for getting misses CA involved:thumb:. Love those pots your using, want them myself, but am totally broke at the moment. I'll be buzzing around this journal like a fly around sh*t:).

Some new faces, awesome! Glad you all could sit in on the show, pre rolls for everyone!! :passitleft:

I was able to get into the tent today to top/fim and fix some of my tucking, I am planning on continuing the training without a screen until I see enough surface area filled. I also have a gallon of water bubbling away until 5:30pm tonight for lights on, might add a small tsp of unsulph molass.

Here they are as of a few hours ago;
100_51541.JPG
100_5155.JPG

Sweet Cindy
100_51411.JPG
100_51441.JPG
100_5145.JPG
100_5146.JPG
100_51481.JPG
100_5149.JPG
100_51501.JPG
100_5151.JPG
100_5152.JPG
100_51382.JPG
100_5137.JPG
100_5136.JPG

Freedom Haze
100_5139.JPG
100_5140.JPG
100_5133.JPG
100_5135.JPG

Sage N Sour
100_51321.JPG
100_5131.JPG

Thank you all for joining in :) All these sativas should make for some killer shots here come mid flower :Namaste:

KJohnC, I hope you ate brotha because here they are again.. Some shots of my medible jello and sugar cookies, got to keep my thread pumped with shots :)
100_5094.JPG
100_5112.JPG
100_5097.JPG
100_5107.JPG

100_5116.JPG
100_5118.JPG

As for the girls, I have a tea brewing since last night which had ~ 1tsp molasses and ~1/2 cup fresh worm casting
This morning I tossed a small ~1/2tsp sp-90 humic acid powder and a small dash of the boutea fungal spores for some extra activity.
I am going to let this bubble until later tonight (5:30ishpm) to see where it takes us and water at lights on (5:35pm) if the tea looks up to par. If not I will just use it on the tomatoes and lettuce, grab a gal of water and bubble it for an hour for the tent ladies.
I am seeing explosive growth since yesterday with most bottom shoots kicking into high gear. I am going to keep paying close attention to these to make sure they don't blow by the other tops, I am shooting for the best possible flattest tops before I apply a screen.

Until then, stay safe and stay vigilant!

:thanks:

Got a question for you folks. I was looking at one of the bog sweet cindys and was wondering about the little bottom branch that seems to be shaded and is going to be shaded for a while. Before I do anything I was wanting to confirm and get some second opinion, because if I do it to the one I will probably go ahead and do the same treatment to the other to keep them close to the same structure.

Here are some pictures, as you can see everything else is getting some decent light with some help from tucking and what not.
100_5166.JPG

100_5168.JPG
100_5169.JPG
100_5170.JPG

And this is the little one I would like to remove from all the s.c's
100_5171.JPG
100_5172.JPG

Do you think this would be a decent cut to remove to ensure more energy for all the other tops? As we are shooting for the scrog.

I am noticing some little white dots on the girls, some look to be nute burn and some bug, as for now I haven't seen any more insects flying around, the mosquito dunks may have done the trick. I may apply some more dunked water here tonight. As for the tea I think I will hold off and use it for my lettuce, I think I will ride these babies out with some pH water due to the new soil still having nutes and wait another week for a tea.

Some more shots of sweet cindys
100_5175.JPG
100_5176.JPG
100_5177.JPG
100_5178.JPG

And i'll sneak in the best looking sage n sour
100_5180.JPG
100_5181.JPG
100_5182.JPG

And a group shot, does anyone else smoke their crop out?
100_5165.JPG

Opinions/Comments 100% welcome and appreciated :Namaste:

They look like they are not gathering much light at all from down there so you don't really need them unless you don't mind having some popcorn bud, but since you're shooting for vertical growth and a scrog screen, you may want to cut them off so the plant focuses most of its energy on everything else (general growth and buds later on) since otherwise, they would stay down there in the shade and wouldn't be of much use.

I don't plan to trim mine down there since it will be growing horizontally at first under and over a screen (they will all get same amounts of light so I'll let them be).

Just make sure you sterilize your scissors or whichever tool you will be using for it with rubbing alcohol or something like that so you get a clean cut if you do decide to trim them. Not sure whens the best time to do it though but everyone says it can't be good for her if you do it when shes already one and a half or two weeks into flower.

Hope all that makes sense. :tokin:

Hi CA,
I remove all the bottom bud sites early on in veg as I know they will never make it. If it don't reach the screen later on, it's gotta go.
Looking lovely in there dude, I'm more than a bit jealous of your tent setup there CA. Love those pots too.

They look like they are not gathering much light at all from down there so you don't really need them unless you don't mind having some popcorn bud, but since you're shooting for vertical growth and a scrog screen, you may want to cut them off so the plant focuses most of its energy on everything else (general growth and buds later on) since otherwise, they would stay down there in the shade and wouldn't be of much use.

I don't plan to trim mine down there since it will be growing horizontally at first under and over a screen (they will all get same amounts of light so I'll let them be).

Just make sure you sterilize your scissors or whichever tool you will be using for it with rubbing alcohol or something like that so you get a clean cut if you do decide to trim them. Not sure whens the best time to do it though but everyone says it can't be good for her if you do it when shes already one and a half or two weeks into flower.

Hope all that makes sense. :tokin:

Hi CA,
I remove all the bottom bud sites early on in veg as I know they will never make it. If it don't reach the screen later on, it's gotta go.
Looking lovely in there dude, I'm more than a bit jealous of your tent setup there CA. Love those pots too.

Everything sounds golden :) I got one a clean razor out, whipped it down with some 91%iso and got to work. Only took about 2 minutes but cleaned em up with no mishaps. I had also removed the smaller single blade leafs that I read are also a waste of potential top power workhouse GOODNESS! :blunt:

The girls are looking good with the cuts, I took a few pictures but am running low on time tonight to do a big update.
Will get to it sometime tomorrow when time persists. Stay well everyone thank you for the responses :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom