Cal-Mag problem in SCROG

Bobby Blunt

I have been growing for a few years now, this is my first SCROG grow, this is PEVgrow Blueberry Ghost OG and PEVgrow Delicious this is the 4th wk of flower, it started showing the deficiency after I flipped from veg to flower, I thought it was because of the flush/clearing solution, General Hydroponics Floral Kleen at 6.3PH, buy the time I gave them their 1st flower nutes, Fox Farm and Botanicare Cal-Mag it got worse. I know these plants are very tuff but I need to get a handle on this, I read I could use a foliar spray but not when their in flower. Any ideas 🥺

Blueberry ghost.jpg

PEVgrow Delicous.jpg

What are you growing in.
The damaged leaves wont come back.
Also the one lady looks like she is fighting back now your giving them the recommended nutes. (hope you are)
Wont be anything to do with the scrog.
i know you said you use General Hydroponics Floral Kleen but.
Dose , medium , calmag amount , temps , R/H , light wattage and how high.
Some of the questions your prob be asked to rule out etc.
I grow in coco but looks to me like a mag issue which may of lead to a lock out.
But im no expert so wait for more input
Also myself i would not be using a spray in flower unless i had pests or to provent them. ;)

@Bobby Blunt that is a Calcium deficiency! You're in soil, right? This can happen in flowering, and it could be caused by a lack of Cal or by lockout. Soil pH might be too low, to the point that the plant cannot absorb Cal (even if present in your soil). If so, adding more Cal won't solve the problem, you'd need to raise the pH of your soil to between 6 and 7. In the 4th photo scrolling down in the GWE thread I'm attaching for you, you'll see a photo that looks very much like your plant, only it's worse. Hope this helps you find the solution. I'd also be interest to get @Emilya Green's opinion on this. Cheers

Yes you're right @013 and @Skunksta, if the medium is hydroton "breakfast cereal" pebbles, I am outta my league and you coco growers are the experts. @Bobby Blunt wrote he's feeding with a pH of 6.3, which as you both point out is way off for coco. But that would be perfect for soil, which raises the question of what the medium is.

From day 1 its only been PRO-MIX, I grow indoors so a peat based soil is good for me, in a way I think the plants are letting the leaves die to direct more nutes to the buds. I trimmed back the bad leaves and the bottom buds are getting more light, they look more in the early stages of flowering than where they are. I will have to finesse these girls to harvest, I used 2tps of Cal-Mag in the nute mix, we'll see how they do.

What I use.jpg

PEV grow Delious and Blueberry Ghost OG 5wks flower 20APR23.jpg

PEVgrow delicous bud 5wks fl.jpg

PEV blueberry ghost og bud 1.jpg

What are you growing in.
The damaged leaves wont come back.
Also the one lady looks like she is fighting back now your giving them the recommended nutes. (hope you are)
Wont be anything to do with the scrog.
i know you said you use General Hydroponics Floral Kleen but.
Dose , medium , calmag amount , temps , R/H , light wattage and how high.
Some of the questions your prob be asked to rule out etc.
I grow in coco but looks to me like a mag issue which may of lead to a lock out.
But im no expert so wait for more input
Also myself i would not be using a spray in flower unless i had pests or to provent them. ;)

20230420_111752.jpg

peat coco and soil all in one.
I pass mate not my media at all.
Straight coco me my advice would not help as never grown in that before.
But looked like a calmg issue to me.
Hope everything is going well now ;)

Pro-mix should be treated as a soil-less mix, not soil. Hydro numbers are what you should be shooting for.. I’ll tag @Emilya Green and I believe @InTheShed possibly on this one. If I remember correctly hydro should be run at 5.8 but don’t quote me on it.

92437902-2D14-481C-AB90-E6D0A4AC2CE6.jpeg

Pro-mix should be treated as a soil-less mix, not soil. Hydro numbers are what you should be shooting for.. I’ll tag @Emilya Green and I believe @InTheShed possibly on this one. If I remember correctly hydro should be run at 5.8 but don’t quote me on it.
You can treat ProMix like soil if you want because it's buffered with lime at the factory, but anyone who wants to pH their input water is more than welcome to!

Sure looks like a calcium deficiency to me, and like the Captain I want to know what brand of cal-mag Bobby's using.

Also, don't take any more leaves off the plants!

anyone who wants to pH their input water is more than welcome to!

I can’t remember the last time I Ph’d my water

OP On damaged leaves, and especially if you’re in the middle of a deficiency, just leave them. Cannabis will have her resources one way or another, and the ‘another’ is the leaves. If you remove damaged leaves, she’ll just move on to the other leaves in order of their efficiency. If she’s eating just let her eat them otherwise for every leaf you remove, you’ve sentenced the next one to the same fate and you can rapidly lose almost all of your stored resources and photosynthetic capabilities doing this.

The leaf will either fall off on its own when she’s done, or you will see it hanging, browned and ready to fall.

I don’t even like to defol.. I take off bud sites before I take off leaves. If a leaf has to go I just bend it and tuck it out of the way.

Sure looks like a calcium deficiency to me, and like the Captain I want to know what brand of cal-mag Bobby's using

OP wrote botanicare cal-mag.. I’m unfamiliar with liquid nutrients though so I don’t know if there’s multiple versions of it. Also not sure if they said 2 tbsp or 2 tsp and don’t know what that’s mixed into either. Definitely looks like calcium though.. general coloring and the rust spotting.

OP wrote botanicare cal-mag.. I’m unfamiliar with liquid nutrients though so I don’t know if there’s multiple versions of it. Also not sure if they said 2 tbsp or 2 tsp and don’t know what that’s mixed into either. Definitely looks like calcium though.. general coloring and the rust spotting.
Oh sorry, I missed that. Assuming there is some Ca in the other nutes, I recall Botanicare is recommended at 5ml/gallon.

Oh sorry, I missed that. Assuming there is some Ca in the other nutes, I recall Botanicare is recommended at 5ml/gallon.
That’s not 2 tsps but 1 if I’m not mistaken. With cal-mag in the other nutes plus the botainicare prolly locked out imho. CL🍀

I believe everyone is right with the calcium deficiency.

When it comes down to cal-mag issue in flower it can often be caused by environmental issues along side of nutrients deficiency. I cannot help with a good answer without knowing more about your grow environment, your feeding schedule and how much, size light and height above the plant?

Sorry about all the questions.

We will figure it out, everyone one has hi-cups occasionally.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Impressive looking plants there. It does look like the group is supporting the need for a way of getting a Calcium to the plant.

I read I could use a foliar spray but not when their in flower. Any ideas 🥺
Most of the time that comment is about spraying with Neem Oil, sulphur or some of the other insecticides or fungicides.

Doing a foliar feeding spraying as a way to quickly introduce a nutrient is usually OK. Also there are some insecticides and fungus/mildew treatments that can be sprayed up until a few days before harvest.

it has been a week since I posted about my cal mag problem, it was at the time of their feeding, only Fox Farm nutes and CAL-MAG I added an extra tea spoon of cal-mag to the feeding and leaves went back to a lighter green on both plants but much more on the Blueberry Ghost OG. I flushed both plants last night the change was immediate the next nute feeding will be wk10 on the chart no more cal-mag. Put a scope on the trichomes their cloudy with ambers, one more feeding and flush, then chop. This is my first SCROG, I got to work on that blueberry ghost, fatten up them buds. Oh, I ph around 6.3 to 6.5

20230423_063945.jpg

20230425_193733.jpg

20230426_124249.jpg

20230426_123746.jpg

Back
Top Bottom