Calcium/Magnesium Deficiency?

HiighTide

Hello everyone. I’m seeking solutions to what I believe to be a cal/mag deficiency in my garden. I’m getting yellowing & rust spots from lowers
C9700F2E-A96E-462C-BAAA-A6719B01C3DD.jpeg
CD3DD142-2E6E-4234-A7D5-606DD5624F2C.jpeg

Also stems & petiole purpling
049D626E-B7A4-46D8-B79A-FA9974FF630D.png
CAF11732-D6E3-4CF8-99E3-0849B6E0282C.jpeg

I water with 110ppm tap water
I always allow the soil to dry between watering, sometimes I think I wait too long to water, but I’ve been correcting that lately.
Any help would be

Attachments

• 391178D7-6B44-4774-B013-7997D4D70DE2.jpeg
    391178D7-6B44-4774-B013-7997D4D70DE2.jpeg
    539.1 KB · Views: 25
If it's a calcium magnesium deficiency, then feed them calcium and magnesium fertiliser

Using any nutes? Looks low on Nitrogen. Up your nutes a little. Doesn't look like a Cal Mag def.
Looks Hungry.
Thanks Buds. Not using any nutes, all organic, but could brew a tea for that. The purple, that’s from under feeding also?

Thanks Buds. Not using any nutes, all organic, but could brew a tea for that. The purple, that’s from under feeding also?
They do make organic nutes these days. @Emilya is great at organic stuff & will be able to help you a lot more. She'll chime in when she sees the tag.

You mean in the leaf stems ? Some strains are just that way. My stems were purple the whole grow & hasn't hurt anything. I'm harvesting it now.
Cool just wanted to catch anything before it got out of hand.
They do make organic nutes these days. @Emilya is great at organic stuff & will be able to help you a lot more. She'll chime in when she sees the tag.
Thanks again.

Yes, I believe you are correct and that you are having a magnesium deficiency. Even organic grows can have this problem because it is impossible to preload enough magnesium into the soil for some of our hungry plants, without locking out other vital nutrients in the soil. Find some OMRI rated calmag, or make your own with my recipe from eggshells, and you will be fine.

Yes, I believe you are correct and that you are having a magnesium deficiency. Even organic grows can have this problem because it is impossible to preload enough magnesium into the soil for some of our hungry plants, without locking out other vital nutrients in the soil. Find some OMRI rated calmag, or make your own with my recipe from eggshells, and you will be fine.
Thanks a lot. I read your tutorial, have all the ingredients already and will def be making. I have right at 3 months left in this grow (waiting on 1st grow to finish & dry) so I’m sure I’ll get the opportunity to use your recipe at some point. Thanks again

No purple stems is genetic. Don't worry about it, perfectly normal.

In soil there will be plenty of Magnesium. Will be the last element the plant will be deficient of.

Look up the chemical makup of Chlorophyll. Its only got 1 Mg atom so pretty difficult to almost impossible to have an Mg deficiency.

The lighter colored 1/2 leaf there is either genetic (I've seen this on versions of Chemdawg and others) or something else like a bacteria/virus. Usually always they grow thru it without issue.

Back
Top Bottom