Can anybody help me out with my DWC

Mmdoug

420 Member
This is my first time using DWC. So my plants are about 3 weeks old. I’m growing hydroponically. I started them in rock wool and transferred them into the pots with clay pebbles at the beginning of the week. Yesterday morning one of them had begun drooping a lot, so I changed and lowered the water level. To about an inch and a half below the bottom of the pots. Overnight, the roots have spread significantly and many are now reaching down to the water through the bottom of the net pots. The roots look very healthy and strong. Despite that now all 3 of my plants are drooping and seem to be getting lighter in color. I have new nutrients on the way because I thought maybe it could be that. Is there anything else it could be that I could do to help them? I would be so sad for them all to die. I’m using the root bucket spa which has a built in air pump and the Mars hydro TS-1000 grow light. I have the light about 12 inches from the plants. Also using distilled water and I have ph and ppm meters as well as ph balancers. I appreciate any feedback!!
0363A088-9DED-4B10-8A5A-6AA5204D6241.jpeg

ECCC1E80-BC1E-4689-821B-FF8CE7C5997B.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

when i ran rdwc i always top fed as well til i was sure i had enough hitting the water.
they look like they are grabbing now, i usually top fed til a bit more got there.

nutes will make a big diff.

Thanks for the replies everybody! The new nutrients came today so I will start them out at a slightly lower amount and then bring it up to the exact amount needed in a few days. Should I raise my grow light to 18 inches instead of 12?

Back
Top Bottom