Can anyone explain this?

I would wait until the crystals turn 40-45% clear then pick them. That should get you real high with a good length of it. If you want more couch lock stuff wait until 50% are clear. Have you got a microscope? 100 power is sufficient. Look at them through that and make the call as to how much thc you want. The longer you wait the less thc and more cbd and cbn.

Can it be harvested now also? I can wait for another week or two. I am just trying to confirm something. I believe that they can be harvested now too, because the pistils have turned brown and the trichomes sure look cloudy and mushroom shaped. What do you think?

The pistol have nothing to do with plants being ready for harvest. You can not go by them. Some strains turn orange then red. The tricomes are what determine the potency. If you harvest now you will get real high for a very short time and probably end up with a headache. The tricomes in the picture are premature. There is thc in them but not their full potential. I would wait a week or two checking them daily. They change pretty quick once they start. They are your plants so do what you will but I would definately wait til 40 - 45% turn clear. They continue to degrade as they dry and cure.

The pistol have nothing to do with plants being ready for harvest. You can not go by them. Some strains turn orange then red. The tricomes are what determine the potency. If you harvest now you will get real high for a very short time and probably end up with a headache. The tricomes in the picture are premature. There is thc in them but not their full potential. I would wait a week or two checking them daily. They change pretty quick once they start. They are your plants so do what you will but I would definately wait til 40 - 45% turn clear. They continue to degrade as they dry and cure.

Thanks for the advice. They sure did look ready to my untrained eyes. Its only been 52 days for this blue mammoth auto strain, they are supposed to flower for 54 - 66 days (~60 days). So lets wait.

AC - Pakistan is way up north. Look at a map and think about all the countries in the world where cannabis grows. That's all you need to know. Autoflowers as we know it are a new invention. Even ten years ago they were barely available, and the one or two that were- weren't worth even considering.
Like I think I said in my last post, in the equatorial zones where a lot of the sativas come from, they grow a bit like autoflowers in that they flower when mature. But my experience in equatorial places was that everything revolves around the monsoon seasons, rather than the daylight hours. People naturally plant and harvest based on the rainy/dry seasons.
I'm guessing that your daylight hours will be perfectly fine to grow whichever strains you want. I think you might even be able to squeeze in two harvests a year.

Pakistan is a very diverse country, the places where it usually grows up north in the Himalaya/Chitral side are very cold and get a lot less sunlight than the southern parts. But I get your point and I am willing to experiment. Don't you think that we have complicated with all the different nutrients for phases, this and that enhancer, C02, grow lights variation, particular air flow, temperature/humidity etc? Especially for a plant that's called a weed and grows wildly. Or is it only because we have to grow it artificially?

Also, how do you think they design all those strains with particular fruits, cake, candy smell/taste?

I think I understand some of the diversity, because there's certainly a lot of diversity in the people and the landscape of the country just east of you.
But cannabis is grown all over the planet- at your latitude and south of it. Your latitude is not an issue. High temps or other local climate issues might be, but different strains are adapted differently to local conditions.
As to whether we have complicated growing it- yes and no. Mostly no. There are lots of different approaches to growing. Left on its own to grow wild without any intervention at all- it's probably not going to produce very high grade bud. But it can still be good if the climate is right. Like almost every other plant, humans are pretty good at enhancing it and adapting it to our purposes.
Good organic soil growers can grow a top notch plant from start to finish in the same soil mix, with just a few additives during flowering to enhance blooming. But finding the ingredients and balancing the right mix is key. I haven't explored the organic growing thing very much. Yes I can plant some cannabis in my vegetable garden and it will grow ok but my indoor stuff will be better- better climate and nutrient control.
Outdoors under the sun is generally much more forgiving because nature does most of the work for you. In my case my climate isn't very good because I live far north of you.
It's mainly the indoor growing - trying to replicate nature, that brings the complications. Believe me- I've tried growing it indoors and not paying close attention to temps, RH, ph, feeding levels, etc- and grew mostly shitty plants with constant problems. Same as a thousand new growers on this forum every day. The ones who produce happy plants and nice bud are the ones who fall within the basic guidelines and pay attention to the environment.
No you don't need a lot of additives. If you're using soil and bottled nutes, then a basic grow nute and a bloom nute will be enough. A decent light - HID or LED. HIDs are cheaper. Temps need to be in a proper range. RH shouldn't be a huge problem unless its extremely wet or dry. If your soil is decent then you should need to worry about ph or adding calcium/magnesium supplements.
If you have a climate where you can grow them outside that would save you a lot of trouble.

The different smelling strains, if you can even call them actual 'strains' (generally they're just slightly different mixes of a few basic building block strains) are just natural variations in the plant that growers have picked up on and tried to enhance.
Cannabis has quite a bit of variation in its growth- so if a commercially minded grower gets a plant that smells especially interesting, they'll try to breed it and enhance the special smell- constantly breeding the two plants together that best embody that smell- till it is a dominant feature of that breed. Mostly it's advertising- people are eager to attach an enticing name to whatever they came up with, because people like to buy things named Strawberry Fruitcake Bumbleberry Hurricane. It sounds exciting, but usually it's a stretch to smell whatever fruit the strain is named after.
In the fruity category, I've grown some convincing blueberry smelling strains and also lemon/citrus.

What would you guys require to make a certain diagnosis?

Technically, it can be tested but realistically--- i would remove any signs of physical mold/mildew. Then I would smell and if I make it this far - taste..any signs of something off- I would not smoke.
Think about spores going straight into your lungs... just not something you want.
Good luck!

I don't know what colour the bud you get in Pakistan usually is. But the brown colour is normal for most bud I got in Asia so I'm guessing that's not a problem in itself. The buds look fine to me with the exception of that top picture. Not sure about the white stuff.
Here's a link to a recent thread where we discussed mold a bit- and I said the same sort of stuff there that I would say here. So just to save me the typing....

Mold during curing - Trash or hash?

@Weaselcracker @Mikeytv What do you guys think now? I can't seem to find the white spots anymore although the black ones certainly are suspicious.

Pics are quite different but not sure about the dark/ black coloration is. This one is tough- generally- if it's any mold- black is bad. But I do not know for certain you have mold..
it's tough- never want to toss green after months of growing but also don't want to be sick..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Pics are quite different but not sure about the dark/ black coloration is. This one is tough- generally- if it's any mold- black is bad. But I do not know for certain you have mold..
it's tough- never want to toss green after months of growing but also don't want to be sick..

Good luck and keep us posted.

What if the white spots that appeared in camera were just dust particles from air that had accumulated on the buds? How can we know for sure? I have a USB microscope but its not powerful enough sadly.

What if the white spots that appeared in camera were just dust particles from air that had accumulated on the buds? How can we know for sure? I have a USB microscope but its not powerful enough sadly.

Only the grower will know for sure.
This has happened to me btw- dust from a fan got loose and I found what I though was either mold or nests on my flowers... closer inspection - it was just dust. I learned to clean my fans after each grow.

Plenty of bud shows colours ranging through every colour of the rainbow as well as black and white. Bud rot/mould breaks down and destroys the area it grows on, and I don't see any damage to the structure. But really there's no way to know for sure. I don't think there is a real health danger from mould in levels that aren't even clearly visible - it's more of a mysterious psychological ick factor.

Plenty of bud shows colours ranging through every colour of the rainbow as well as black and white. Bud rot/mould breaks down and destroys the area it grows on, and I don't see any damage to the structure. But really there's no way to know for sure. I don't think there is a real health danger from mould in levels that aren't even clearly visible - it's more of a mysterious psychological ick factor.

You have done me a favor by clearing up the misconceptions and thus the weight on my mind. Thanks, mate. Benefit of the doubt, it is, then.

Back
Top Bottom