Can anyone explain this?

Well if you get any inside info on charas production methods I'd love to hear it.

Most alcohol extraction methods are done very quickly. Leave it too long and a lot of chlorophyll and extra plant matter ends up in the product and makes for a horrible smoking experience. I don't have access to strong alcohol here. Usually people use 90% alcohol or even higher. I think 70% can be used but doesn't work as well. The only high % alcohol I can get is 90% isopropyl. I've used this a couple times- makes a very strong oil but the iso alcohol has a nasty smell which is hard to get rid of, and seems toxic. This is called QWISO. (Quick wash ISO). The bud (or leaves) are immersed for less than 30 seconds, if I remember right.
You could also do the ice method I mentioned. It seems cleaner. Whichever method you use, the amount of resin you produce will be very small.

Well if you get any inside info on charas production methods I'd love to hear it.

Most alcohol extraction methods are done very quickly. Leave it too long and a lot of chlorophyll and extra plant matter ends up in the product and makes for a horrible smoking experience. I don't have access to strong alcohol here. Usually people use 90% alcohol or even higher. I think 70% can be used but doesn't work as well. The only high % alcohol I can get is 90% isopropyl. I've used this a couple times- makes a very strong oil but the iso alcohol has a nasty smell which is hard to get rid of, and seems toxic. This is called QWISO. (Quick wash ISO). The bud (or leaves) are immersed for less than 30 seconds, if I remember right.
You could also do the ice method I mentioned. It seems cleaner. Whichever method you use, the amount of resin you produce will be very small.

Even though its made in the northern areas of Pakistan, I will ask around to see if anyone knows anything. Though, I understand that the process is labor intensive.

Thanks again, the resin would be little but then so would be the wastage? Once I extract the cannabinoids hopefully, what else can be done with the remaining plant matter? I have waited desperately to produce MJ for so long that I want near zero wastage. Also, I wanted to know about producing auto flowering feminized seeds. Buying "regular" auto flowering and following the nature's way is one method, though it doesn't guarantee that the offspring will be all female and I might spend a significant amount of time weeding out the "males". The next one, as I understand, is using colloidal silver to cause the female plant to produce pollen. I can make "colloidal silver" at home. Is using CS as effective a way as I have read? What is the success rate? What should I proceed with?

One of the issues that I would encounter with photo period strains as long as I live here in the southern part of Pakistan is that the sun is available all year long, so we get ~13 hours of sunlight for almost eight and a half months, so unless I provide artificial darkness and light (a problem since we have regular power outages), I cant grow marijuana regularly.

By 'regular auto flowering' did you mean 'photo'? Autos I don't see many people breeding autos because their lifespan is so short that it's a bit finicky. You don't really have time to choose the best males or females since their short flowering time would only give you enough time to produce mature seed- then they die. You can't really clone them or easily select well for desirable traits.

If you want only females you can buy fem seed. They are generally made using CS or something similar. Near the beginning of my current journal I have a post on how to make colloidal silver. You face a similar issue as you do with males in that you want to separate the pollen producing part that is treated with colloidal silver from the rest of the plants, and just pollinate a small area to get seeds. There are several ways you can do it. You can treat one small branch of a larger plant and then chop the treated branch off once pollination has happened, but that is a bit hard to control. Or you can grow one small plant to treat with CS and keep that one separate from the rest. I usually grow a small clone just for the purpose of using CS and then keep that one separate except for pollination time. There is a good thread on the topic in 420.
Growing regular seeds and having a few males it's not really very much work and it gives you more genetic diversity for about the same amount of work.

If you have any access to local varieties you'll find the ones that have already acclimatized well to your country. Pakistan produces some good hash or at least used to - I assume still does, and has some good Indica varieties, like Chitral. Maybe those are more in the northern part. I think they also have sative and maybe even ruderalis genetics there. I don't recall hearing much about Pakistani sativas though

I'm not a big fan of autos as I think I already mentioned but some people like them. It's going to be lower quality bud but that might be OK if you have special needs that require auto plants. Beginners seem to like them.

If you grow sativas in your climate they will flower fine. Also I think indicas may flower in that light cycle eventually- it just might take them longer to get around to it.
If you have extracted all the cannabinoids then that's all you need and you can throw the rest away. If you're trying to make the most out of some leaves or something you could decarb them and turn them into edibles.

By 'regular auto flowering' did you mean 'photo'? Autos I don't see many people breeding autos because their lifespan is so short that it's a bit finicky. You don't really have time to choose the best males or females since their short flowering time would only give you enough time to produce mature seed- then they die. You can't really clone them or easily select well for desirable traits.

If you want only females you can buy fem seed. They are generally made using CS or something similar. Near the beginning of my current journal I have a post on how to make colloidal silver. You face a similar issue as you do with males in that you want to separate the pollen producing part that is treated with colloidal silver from the rest of the plants, and just pollinate a small area to get seeds. There are several ways you can do it. You can treat one small branch of a larger plant and then chop the treated branch off once pollination has happened, but that is a bit hard to control. Or you can grow one small plant to treat with CS and keep that one separate from the rest. I usually grow a small clone just for the purpose of using CS and then keep that one separate except for pollination time. There is a good thread on the topic in 420.
Growing regular seeds and having a few males it's not really very much work and it gives you more genetic diversity for about the same amount of work.

If you have any access to local varieties you'll find the ones that have already acclimatized well to your country. Pakistan produces some good hash or at least used to - I assume still does, and has some good Indica varieties, like Chitral. Maybe those are more in the northern part. I think they also have sative and maybe even ruderalis genetics there. I don't recall hearing much about Pakistani sativas though

I'm not a big fan of autos as I think I already mentioned but some people like them. It's going to be lower quality bud but that might be OK if you have special needs that require auto plants. Beginners seem to like them.

If you grow sativas in your climate they will flower fine. Also I think indicas may flower in that light cycle eventually- it just might take them longer to get around to it.
If you have extracted all the cannabinoids then that's all you need and you can throw the rest away. If you're trying to make the most out of some leaves or something you could decarb them and turn them into edibles.

Regular auto-flowering are just seeds that have an equal chance of being a male or a female but both with auto-flowering trait. I believe they are the best for me since we have strong sunlight available for all year long and unless I am willing to invest in artificial light systems (not feasible with all the power outages), its best that I proceed with autos. I can keep one for the sole purpose of breeding seeds, but I want only "female" seeds hence my question regarding colloidal silver. I usually have very limited time so identifying, separating or weeding out male plants can be difficult for me. Sure, I will have a look at the thread, I remember seeing something froma member having "grandma" in her name.

Now, that's the fun part. I don't have access to local varieties but I can get seeds from abroad Lol They sure can flower, but it will take a really really long time, like the end of November if I plant something this month. The yield will be excellent, certainly, but I cant wait for that long.

I understood what you meant by regular auto seeds- just thought it was a typo.

. I believe they are the best for me since we have strong sunlight available for all year long

I don't really follow this - that's great that you have a sunny climate. Your options are open and you can grow whatever you want then.

Oh I see - you're in a really big hurry.

You'll have to search around for info on that. If you're trying to spray an auto with CS to make it produce hermie pollen, in time to pollinate another auto- you'll have to start early. I don't know anything about that stuff but presumably that's how breeders make feminized auto seed.
For this purpose you may want to order quite a few seeds. A lot of auto growers have an obsession with how 'big' their plants are, because in reality they are usually very small.

1661219929050.png

1661219956585.png

1661219998151.png

Is it growing normally? There is a minor aphids infestation that I am trying to do something about. Do the buds look good? How soon approximately they will be ready to harvest?

Aphids hate the smell of decaying bannanas. Pit some chit up peelings about an inch under the soil. As for the growth it is probably because your lights are too far away from the top of your canopy. They will stretch out more. If you keep the lights down around 12-18 inches away (test it with your hand. If it feels hot to you it is too hot for them) they do not stretch out between the nodes as much. Then you will get that cola you are looking for.

Aphids hate the smell of decaying bannanas. Pit some chit up peelings about an inch under the soil. As for the growth it is probably because your lights are too far away from the top of your canopy. They will stretch out more. If you keep the lights down around 12-18 inches away (test it with your hand. If it feels hot to you it is too hot for them) they do not stretch out between the nodes as much. Then you will get that cola you are looking for.

But its growing upstairs in the sunlight.

I understood what you meant by regular auto seeds- just thought it was a typo.

I don't really follow this - that's great that you have a sunny climate. Your options are open and you can grow whatever you want then.

Oh I see - you're in a really big hurry.

You'll have to search around for info on that. If you're trying to spray an auto with CS to make it produce hermie pollen, in time to pollinate another auto- you'll have to start early. I don't know anything about that stuff but presumably that's how breeders make feminized auto seed.
For this purpose you may want to order quite a few seeds. A lot of auto growers have an obsession with how 'big' their plants are, because in reality they are usually very small.

I misunderstood then. The sunny weather all year long is the problem, photoperiods need shorter days to go into flowering which means that either I simulate artificial sunlight and darkness (expensive, time consuming and a problem due to frequent power outages) or I wait for a long time and I don't want to do neither.

The obsession is understandable, from seed to harvest in 75 days usually. The new kid on the block has got a lot to prove, don't you think?

Sorry didn't read the whole thread. They should stay outside of that's where they have been. Lost six plants that way. Withered and die after coming inside to artificial lights. But the banana peels in the soil will get rid of aphids. 1 inch below the soil. I have had plants bus that way inside. When I first started. I wouldn't worry about how they look on the stalk, they will look great in a bowl!

I misunderstood then. The sunny weather all year long is the problem, photoperiods need shorter days to go into flowering which means that either I simulate artificial sunlight and darkness (expensive, time consuming and a problem due to frequent power outages) or I wait for a long time and I don't want to do neither.

The obsession is understandable, from seed to harvest in 75 days usually. The new kid on the block has got a lot to prove, don't you think?

There are many many parts of the world that grow great cannabis and are much closer to the equator. Sativas will flower on your light cycle no problem. They flower at the equator when they get mature- regardless of the light cycle being a constant 12/12. Indicas- I'm not sure but I suspect they'd flower eventually too.

There are many many parts of the world that grow great cannabis and are much closer to the equator. Sativas will flower on your light cycle no problem. They flower at the equator when they get mature- regardless of the light cycle being a constant 12/12. Indicas- I'm not sure but I suspect they'd flower eventually too.

I planted a critical feminized seeds around ten days ago which has now sprouted, lets see. Aren't photoperiods only supposed to flower when the light cycle changes otherwise they will be in a state of perpetual vegetative state? Because that's what I have read all along or is there more to the story?

Sorry didn't read the whole thread. They should stay outside of that's where they have been. Lost six plants that way. Withered and die after coming inside to artificial lights. But the banana peels in the soil will get rid of aphids. 1 inch below the soil. I have had plants bus that way inside. When I first started. I wouldn't worry about how they look on the stalk, they will look great in a bowl!

Are they ready to be harvested? I can show you pictures with considerable magnification if you want.

I planted a critical feminized seeds around ten days ago which has now sprouted, lets see. Aren't photoperiods only supposed to flower when the light cycle changes otherwise they will be in a state of perpetual vegetative state? Because that's what I have read all along or is there more to the story?

AC - Pakistan is way up north. Look at a map and think about all the countries in the world where cannabis grows. That's all you need to know. Autoflowers as we know it are a new invention. Even ten years ago they were barely available, and the one or two that were- weren't worth even considering.
Like I think I said in my last post, in the equatorial zones where a lot of the sativas come from, they grow a bit like autoflowers in that they flower when mature. But my experience in equatorial places was that everything revolves around the monsoon seasons, rather than the daylight hours. People naturally plant and harvest based on the rainy/dry seasons.
I'm guessing that your daylight hours will be perfectly fine to grow whichever strains you want. I think you might even be able to squeeze in two harvests a year.

I would wait until the crystals turn 40-45% clear then pick them. That should get you real high with a good length of it. If you want more couch lock stuff wait until 50% are clear. Have you got a microscope? 100 power is sufficient. Look at them through that and make the call as to how much thc you want. The longer you wait the less thc and more cbd and cbn.

Back
Top Bottom