Can anyone help me with this leaf discoloration

Newgrower3816

420 Member
Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong I don’t know why this is happening. This is my first run

88AE096E-59CC-4D7C-BCBF-559ECA56422C.jpeg

1D96A3EB-31F0-463B-B954-FFA9AB80D974.jpeg

4098922B-F23C-4BD8-AB12-08FADA50CCD3.jpeg

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong I don’t know why this is happening. This is my first run

88AE096E-59CC-4D7C-BCBF-559ECA56422C.jpeg

1D96A3EB-31F0-463B-B954-FFA9AB80D974.jpeg

4098922B-F23C-4BD8-AB12-08FADA50CCD3.jpeg
Are you growing indoors or outdoors ? It looks to me like the leaves were sitting on wet soil & have gotten nutrients on them. They look just a little on the puffy side (overwatering a little bit) & kind of dark green (maybe too strong of nutes / too much nitrogen). Really need more details to say anything for sure.
Indoor or Outdoor ?
Type of Soil & Type of nutes being used ?
Using any Fans & how close to the plants / damaged leaves ?
But, it really looks like leaves that got nutes on them for the most part.
Those little spots bug me some. Are you using any Cal-Mag ?

Have you checked under the leaves for something that is not suppose to be there? Maybe even use a magnifying glass for a close look.

Indoor
Happy frog
Oyster shell,feather meal, kelp meal, bone meal, work castings , alfalfa meal, humic acid

Got a big fan in middle of the tent on low and small one on the bottom facing the plants
And I didn’t use cal mag
Are those the ingredients in your Happy Frog or things you added yourself?

Indoor
Happy frog
Oyster shell,feather meal, kelp meal, bone meal, work castings , alfalfa meal, humic acid

Got a big fan in middle of the tent on low and small one on the bottom facing the plants
And I didn’t use cal mag
You're more or less doing organics then. Not my cup of tea; but @Emilya Green can surely help you out.

Indoor
Happy frog

And I didn’t use cal mag
Happy frog is 70% sphagnum moss, so your mix is practically soilless, aside from the 30% or so that was in the Happy Frog. How long did you let this mix set in order to compost the ingredients together before starting this grow? If you were intending on creating a supersoil that would have been able to feed the plants all the way through, you are missing some key components. It pays to use a well known recipe when trying to build a soil. Unfortunately, without composting this mix for a couple of months prior to use, it is going to have some pH hotspots in it that are going to make growing in it very difficult.

Feed your plants this time and don't count on that soil to do it for you.
You could get yourself some Geoflora nutes, one of our sponsors, for this run. You didn't say if it was an auto or photo plant. With an auto, time is ticking and any problem will permanently stunt the plant a bit.

Since it's your first run, I'd treat it like a science experiment and see what you can learn from it. Then I'd get some tried and tested nutes (like Geoflora if you're trying to grow organically), and finally you should come check out #SIP Club to eliminate the learning curve to proper watering.

While it is true that this is a weed, there are some basic principles that should be followed to grow your plants well, and you can't be expected to know them all on your first run.

Hey @Newgrower3816, and welcome to the forum!

Commercial soil mixes usually contain a starting amount of nutrients that will last for a while, and then the grower will need to add nutrients. Or the grower will need to add nutrients basically immediately.

In the case of Happy Frog, you need to add nutrients basically immediately.

From an analysis I did (see my signature), I calculated that Happy Frog only contains 10% of the N you should be using, 30% of the P, and 5% of the K. So, it's way deficient in N for vegetative phase, but also deficient in P and K.

As with most of the commercial soil products, the company also carries a line of liquid fertilizers.

good luck and happy growing! 🪴

Back
Top Bottom