Can anyone help please

bg747

Im so confused on what water to use, Ive seen and heard all sorts, my tap water is about 6.7-6.8ph, it's probably a stupid question but im confused

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah your water is one of those blessed taps where the ph is at a good level. Keep the pH around that range, if you'd want to make it more exact get a pH kit

I got ph kit and im using soil mix with perlite, thank you very much for your advice as ive bin buying destilled water

Only problem with tap water is the Chlorine but you can let it sit out open for a day or two and it evaporates, not as many places use Fluoride any more but also can be in tap water potentially, my guess is that doesn't evaporate but just a guess. If you using LED they seem to eat up Cal/Mag in the water so common deficiency, if using filtered/distilled type water the processes remove most of those minerals from the water so may need the Cal/Mag, and if both LED and filtered water then pretty good odds need to add some Cal/Mag to them.

I put it in 2ltr bottle and let it sit in tent with top off for 24hrs so it evaporates, im using 450w dual cfl

I just gave em calmag last week cos they did get funky but they doing ok ive got the light about 3ft away 75f 67% hum

What nuts would you recommend, my babies are only 3weeks old ive got grow tech from general hydroponics

I"m new at this so no help on Nutes, just go lower than bottle says, as it is easier to add more if they need it than it is trying to fix having used too much. Not familiar with CFL but pretty sure they are closer than most lights, lots of good topics here (sticky section) that will tell you everything under the sun (just takes a bit to read thru them, as I'm still reading after a month ;) lol).

This one has links to lots of topics:

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

I've noticed the longer you leave tap water to sit the more the PH rises. It's a safe bet to monitor your water and determine at what PH your water stops rising. My two cents is that this is when the chlorine levels are depleted. For my tap water the PH starts at 7.1-7.6 and rests at 8.9. The process takes about 48 hours.

Also avoid water that has a high mineral ppm. Some cities for instance can run up to 1000 ppm. If this is the case consider using bottled water. You can Google your locations water quality.

Hope this helps

My Grow Journal In Progress

Ive got a ppm meter and a ph meter and ph up and down incase

Back
Top Bottom