Can breaking the main stem of your autoflower convert it to a photoperiod?

johnehazeharvester

About a month and a half ago, the main stem of my AK-47 autoflower broke in half from the wind. I taped it. I had planted two other auto flowers at the same time which I have already harvested but this one just keeps vegging and is acting like the adjacent photo period. It is now four and a half feet tall in veg. Do you think the seeds I bought were mislabeled or did the main break screw up the flowering the signals to this auto?
PXL_20230526_211706171.jpg
PXL_20230526_211353645.jpg

PXL_20230711_212347272.jpg

PXL_20230711_212253617.jpg

I'd say it's one of the pesky 'not an auto' autos we see around sometimes. I'd have thought if anything, the break would've stressed an auto into early flowering.
Thanks. I am happy it didn't go into flower early because the other two autos were only about one and a half feet tall when I cut them down. I planted way too early and the stresses made them flower early. After I planted it had gone down to 32° F at night and has been very rainy and wet. Some bud rot had developed on the stunted autos, but this has given me time to start thinking of a plan to avoid it in my two big plants.

Do you think the seeds I bought were mislabeled or did the main break screw up the flowering the signals to this auto?
Most likely the seeds were not from plants that were properly cross-bred and back-bred to stabilize the genetic make-up. So every now and then a seed shows up that does not have the auto-flower genetics and is actually a photo-period. Just my theory on why we see auto-flowers grow just like they were actually photo-period.

Most likely the seeds were not from plants that were properly cross-bred and back-bred to stabilize the genetic make-up. So every now and then a seed shows up that does not have the auto-flower genetics and is actually a photo-period. Just my theory on why we see auto-flowers grow just like they were actually photo-period.

pretty much this. there's going to be a small percentage of auto seeds that express as photos even in well-bred autos. so far none have been offered a bud light commercial .. :p

pretty much this. there's going to be a small percentage of auto seeds that express as photos even in well-bred autos. so far none have been offered a bud light commercial .. :p
Ouch. I kind of feel bad for that company. Not enough to support them mind you. What a major fiasco. It's got to be hard to run such a company in this politically correct world We now live in

Back
Top Bottom