Can I use this insecticide during flowering? Need suggestion

My grow space is in a shed in my yard so I have to walk through grass to get to it. I had none when i was inside but lost space due to little chitlins. Was thinking about getting a sticky door mat so when i walk in anything on my shoes gets stuck. My shed is in a horrible spot lol damn it
Problem can include that mites and many other insects will be on the tops of your shoes, on socks, on the lower part of the pant legs and just about any clothes so wiping the bottoms of your shoes off is not going to be of much help. The mites are very light and could just float on the mildest of air currents so they can be inside the shed as soon as the door is open.

Just treating the plants will not be enough. Many people also recommend spraying the walls, ceiling and floor to get the ones that have fallen off the plant or just wandered away. Something like that would be hard to do unless the walls of the shed have been finished off and painted. Otherwise there will be so many small crevices and cracks that the mites can be hiding in.

Might want to consider putting a bit of a flower or herb garden near the door of the shed and along the outside walls. Picking 'companion' plants that naturally repel mites and other insects, Rosemary is a good one, and planting those could help a lot.

@SmokingWings did you get the spreader coat and the z7 when you did the nuke em?
Nope.

Whatever you choose to battle the insects keep using it until they are gone. Then begin a preventative maintenance schedule. It is often mentioned to spray once a week just to maintain that layer of protection.

Problem can include that mites and many other insects will be on the tops of your shoes, on socks, on the lower part of the pant legs and just about any clothes so wiping the bottoms of your shoes off is not going to be of much help. The mites are very light and could just float on the mildest of air currents so they can be inside the shed as soon as the door is open.

Just treating the plants will not be enough. Many people also recommend spraying the walls, ceiling and floor to get the ones that have fallen off the plant or just wandered away. Something like that would be hard to do unless the walls of the shed have been finished off and painted. Otherwise there will be so many small crevices and cracks that the mites can be hiding in.

Might want to consider putting a bit of a flower or herb garden near the door of the shed and along the outside walls. Picking 'companion' plants that naturally repel mites and other insects, Rosemary is a good one, and planting those could help a lot.

Nope.

Whatever you choose to battle the insects keep using it until they are gone. Then begin a preventative maintenance schedule. It is often mentioned to spray once a week just to maintain that layer of protection.
@SmokingWings Thank you so much im going to have to start the herb garden outside. Would it work if i just grew the rosemary and dill in other planters in between my girls?

Whatever you choose to battle the insects keep using it until they are gone.

And gone means "all of them gone," Remember that many things will kill the insects - but not their eggs.

@SmokingWings Thank you so much im going to have to start the herb garden outside. Would it work if i just grew the rosemary and dill in other planters in between my girls?
First step is read up on everything you can about 'companion plants' before getting too involved. That way it is easier to select the right plant to discourage or repel certain insects without attracting another can be avoided. Example is the Marigold flower which has a strong smell and will keep some pest insects away but Mites are not bothered by the plant and actually like it so it attracts them. A bit of background info can avoid a few problems later.

On the patio I put my Rosemary in pots and place them so that they block the view of the Cannabis plants placed behind them. I do not grow any herbs or other plants in the grow room because there is no room at all for that. When I mentioned the companion plants for your grow I was thinking more of putting them in pots and placing those around the outside of the shed. They would still be able to help repel any insects and reduce the possibility of bringing anything in with you.

Some flowers are good for this purpose. Geraniums repel some insects and have bright colors and bloom all summer long. I just recently started experimenting with Chrysanthemums. They can be trained to have a massive cluster of flowers by early fall and they are also great at keeping some pest insects away. The thing I like about flowers is that they can attract attention and most people will look at the color show and not notice the few Marijuana plants just several feet away.

Keep in mind that you will have to figure out the hardiness of any companion plants by the time winter comes. Will they survive some frost, or survive being frozen? The ones that need protection from the cold get brought into the back room for the winter and by controlling the lights, watering and temperature those plants are mostly dormant until next spring.

And gone means "all of them gone," Remember that many things will kill the insects - but not their eggs.
Which is why a maintenance schedule cannot be skipped even when we think that they are 'all gone'. Cannot stress it enough.

A spray schedule of once a week is easier to do than tearing all our hair out a month later cause we have to start all over again.

NO DO NOT PUT TOXIC CHEMICALS ON YOUR WEED!!!!!!!! go to your nearest health food store and buy a bottle of. dr,bronners 18 in1 hemp pure castille peppermint soap, follow directions for bugs on plants,,it is natural no harsh chemicals does not affect the plant,kills all bugs first application ,,recomend 3 applications 3 days apart for bad infestations,,NO TOXIC CHEMICALS,also works on head lice and bedbugs,best shit out there
What if you are close to harvest with a white fly infestation?

NO DO NOT PUT TOXIC CHEMICALS ON YOUR WEED!!!!!!!! go to your nearest health food store and buy a bottle of. dr,bronners 18 in1 hemp pure castille peppermint soap, follow directions for bugs on plants,,it is natural no harsh chemicals does not affect the plant,kills all bugs first application ,,recomend 3 applications 3 days apart for bad infestations,,NO TOXIC CHEMICALS,also works on head lice and bedbugs,best shit out there
What if you are close to harvest with a white fly infestation? Also would am ionizer help?

What if you are close to harvest with a white fly infestation? Also would am ionizer help?

hi. this thread is a bit old to get a response.
why not join the fun and post up in the intro section, then post a new question in the faq for more direct answers.

in short, there really aren't any chemical treatments safe for flower, but you may get some ideas or responses that may help.

hi. this thread is a bit old to get a response.
why not join the fun and post up in the intro section, then post a new question in the faq for more direct answers.

in short, there really aren't any chemical treatments safe for flower, but you may get some ideas or responses that may help.
Plus it can take awhile, sometimes as long as two or three days before someone replies. Often people will look but do not want to reply for any of a number of reasons. Patience while waiting for a reply helps a lot. ;)

Back
Top Bottom