Can someone tell me what's wrong with these plants?

BENNY 420

Hi started my second grow but I see little specs on some of the leaves and one or two of the leaves I don't know if they are burnt or what i don't know if this is normal or if something is wrong just switched to flower a week ago and I use botaincare calmag plus, liquid karma ,and I am now using bloom these are the pics if you open it up you will see what I mean
20160720_174414.jpg
20160720_174403.jpg
20160720_174342.jpg
20160720_174329.jpg
:thanks:

What is your humidity at canopy level including the temperature? Example: 78F - 55%RH

When you say your temps are between 70F and 80F, is that the difference between night and day, or is that happening during lights on as exhaust cycles?

I agree the leaves look a little stressed. Could be caused by plant not transpiring water properly due to humidity being out of range. That is how a plant cools itself.

Environment is the single most important part of a successful grow. The best genetics and nutrients mean nothing if the environment is out of whack.

Prune off the necrotic leaves. The plant will exert energy trying to repair them.

Rapid temp changes can stress the plant. If it's just the difference between one day and the next, not a big deal.

Neem oil is cheap and readily available. When you spray it on the leaves, use some good pressure to blast the leaves well. Think pressure washing... lol

Then give the plant a good shake to get the excess spray off.

Try over time to gain control over the environment. You should be able to set temp and humidity where you want it to be regardless of the weather outside.

Shoot for 77-80F and 55% - 60% RH in early flower. Then as low as 40%RH the last few weeks of flower.

Above all, have fun!!! Your plants are still looking great, and I'm sure you'll be happy with your harvest.

Please let us know how your plant is responding over time...

Yea, indoor growing can be pretty dismal if you don't reproduce some kind of legitimate eco-system inside that space-tent :bongrip:

Can somebody cite sources on "plant wastes energy repairing damaged leaves"?

Leaves are energy sinks yes, but they also store the nutrients the plant may need in times of bad health

Bongs Forward

Yea, indoor growing can be pretty dismal if you don't reproduce some kind of legitimate eco-system inside that space-tent :bongrip:

Can somebody cite sources on "plant wastes energy repairing damaged leaves"?

Leaves are energy sinks yes, but they also store the nutrients the plant may need in times of bad health

Bongs Forward

Healthy leaves yes...

I did say to remove the necrotic leaves. The ones that are yellow, shriveled, and will serve no other purpose but to suck energy from the plant and potentially become an inviting home to a host of pests.

Can this be from leaving the tent open if I keep it closed will this help?

Not sure what you are referring to. Environment or pests?

Pests will be a fact of life if growing indoors. The health of the plant will determine if the pests become a problem. The healthier the plant, the more resistant to pests and disease. Plants with a brix reading of over 12 will rarely suffer from pests unless they are directly introduced into the environment. Getting a clone from a friend or from a dispensary is a very common way to introduce a pest infestation to your girls. Blood meal in soil is also like ringing a dinner bell for pests. I know these don't apply to your grow, just rambling on now... lol

It's true about the pests...

I've brought soil plants into my indoor grow op and sure enough got some but they are so tiny the larvae almost can't be seen with the naked eye.

Only problematic when you get the big destructive ones.

But so far he hasn't found any eggs or adult insects inhabiting the plant yet so jury is still out.

Not sure what you are referring to. Environment or pests?

Pests will be a fact of life if growing indoors. The health of the plant will determine if the pests become a problem. The healthier the plant, the more resistant to pests and disease. Plants with a brix reading of over 12 will rarely suffer from pests unless they are directly introduced into the environment. Getting a clone from a friend or from a dispensary is a very common way to introduce a pest infestation to your girls. Blood meal in soil is also like ringing a dinner bell for pests. I know these don't apply to your grow, just rambling on now... lol
masonman is right, if not spider mites could be very early slight calcium def

20160723_183603.jpg
20160723_183554.jpg
20160723_183542.jpg
20160723_183528.jpg
20160723_183533.jpg
20160723_183539.jpg
20160723_183521.jpg
these are pictures I took today after trimming it down and using neem oil can anyone tell if they are spider mites or something else

I'm just not seeing a big problem here. The plants are getting big. When do you plan to put them into flower?

As far as the dead leaves, is that condition widespread?

Do this. Take more pictures. Show us new growth from multiple areas. Show us old growth from multiple areas. Warn us when pics are from a different plant.

I think you're doing a great job. You obviously care for your plants very much.

Back
Top Bottom