Can you concentrate Green Dragon?

Curly Beaver

I made up a 300ml batch of Green Dragon that I would like to make more concentrated if possible... it works fine but takes 5ml (1 tsp) to do the job, I wouldn't mind except it tastes terrible! I asked someone to pick up a bottle of EverClear for me and they couldn't find it so they brought back Diesel 153 instead. I have read that you can just leave the cap off and it will evaporate but that seems to be taking a long time. Can it be re-heated and if so, what temp and for about how long should it take?
Thanks.

You can speed up evaporation two ways:
1) Increase the surface area (instead of a bottle, pour it out into a larger diameter plate/bowl).
2) Add heat, but be very careful. Have plenty of ventilation and make sure there is no spark or flame around.
Additional airflow will help evaporation some, too.

Isn't that just running the alcohol through the trim,bud and through a filter?

I used a recipe that used heat so I didn't need to let it age for the month. I don't have it with me but it seems like it was kept at 170 for 30 minutes or so.

You can speed up evaporation two ways:
1) Increase the surface area (instead of a bottle, pour it out into a larger diameter plate/bowl).
2) Add heat, but be very careful. Have plenty of ventilation and make sure there is no spark or flame around.
Additional airflow will help evaporation some, too.

Thanks Major,
Somehow (duh) I missed your post.... I think I'm going to try to heat it again. I like what it does but I hate the thoughts of taking it due to the taste. I gotta tell ya, so far I like the CannaButter for cookies + Brownies.
I may try going the smoothy route too unless I can get this Green Dragon calmed down a little.

+rep's :thumb:

Major,
I know this isn't related.... BUT.... in a couple of your pics in the garage there appears to be an old car on the left side. Is it yours, and what is it?
I also enjoyed the outdoor pics of your grow (in your gallery) , it makes me look forward to summer even more:thumb:

Major,
I know this isn't related.... BUT.... in a couple of your pics in the garage there appears to be an old car on the left side. Is it yours, and what is it?
I also enjoyed the outdoor pics of your grow (in your gallery) , it makes me look forward to summer even more:thumb:

Thanks, BI!
It is my wife's car. I've always been a "car guy" but this is one of her dream cars. We restored it a few years ago - completely stripped it down and cleaned and rebuilt or replaced just about everything. It is a 1940 Citroen Traction Avante Legere (front wheel drive, torsion bar suspension, monocoque hull/frame). When people hear, "Citroen", they think of the ugly cigar-shaped cars. This old girl looks more like a '34 Ford w/o running boards. I'd post a picture, but that's against the rules. I'll PM you with one.

Thanks, BI!
It is my wife's car. I've always been a "car guy" but this is one of her dream cars. We restored it a few years ago - completely stripped it down and cleaned and rebuilt or replaced just about everything. It is a 1940 Citroen Traction Avante Legere (front wheel drive, torsion bar suspension, monocoque hull/frame). When people hear, "Citroen", they think of the ugly cigar-shaped cars. This old girl looks more like a '34 Ford w/o running boards. I'd post a picture, but that's against the rules. I'll PM you with one.

Your wife has great taste, she's a beauty :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom