Help with Green Concentrate

Deathmedic

420 Member
Tried my first batch of concentrate and it turned out dark green. The bud i used was fresh as in cut down few days prior. I cooked it in oven on 250f for 30 min then placed in to 42ml of VG and 18ml of PG combined in a mason jar. Cooked for 3 1/2 hr on low heat and the final product was dark green and the potency was crap. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong and if it was the chlorophyl from stem and leaves.

Ok,
dry the bud for several days, throw in freezer, then repeat.
Fresh is hard sometimes. Pretty sure that will work depending on the product.
I usually use coconut oil, couple zips dried (cured) simmer in pan for 1.25 hours or so. Drain, put in molds or whatever in refrigerator.
I hardly ever decarb on rso or oils and comes out pretty strong.

Ok,
dry the bud for several days, throw in freezer, then repeat.
Fresh is hard sometimes. Pretty sure that will work depending on the product.
I usually use coconut oil, couple zips dried (cured) simmer in pan for 1.25 hours or so. Drain, put in molds or whatever in refrigerator.
I hardly ever decarb on rso or oils and comes out pretty strong.
So just freeze the bud plain in a jar or something

So just freeze the bud plain in a jar or something
Yeah, just put trim/small buds in the freezer after its dried from harvest. It helps breaking off the trichs easier.
After couple days place trim/flowers in pan with oil (coconut, avocado, butter, et ) put on low, barley have bubbles (slow simmer) 1 hours and some change, done!

Tried my first batch of concentrate and it turned out dark green. The bud i used was fresh as in cut down few days prior. I cooked it in oven on 250f for 30 min then placed in to 42ml of VG and 18ml of PG combined in a mason jar. Cooked for 3 1/2 hr on low heat and the final product was dark green and the potency was crap. Can someone please tell me what i did wrong and if it was the chlorophyl from stem and leaves.
That temp is higher than it needs to be for decarb as well. I go 230f for 45 minutes, or until it looks done.

So my ratio mix is correct and the only thing is that the bud needs to dry longer and trim the leaves off . Also how
Long does it need to dry in order to use this method. If I don’t decarb before how is it done after it’s cooked. I appreciate all the help it’s pretty important I can get this right …

So my ratio mix is correct and the only thing is that the bud needs to dry longer and trim the leaves off . Also how
Long does it need to dry in order to use this method. If I don’t decarb before how is it done after it’s cooked. I appreciate all the help it’s pretty important I can get this right …
The trim from harvest. The dry/cure buds will work great.
*5 -7 days to dry bud (typically)
*add coconut oil to pan
*Cook about 1 hour 15mins on low heat on the stove top.
* let cool down, remove bud from pan. Pour oil into molds using icecream scoop or ladle.
*stick in fridge until youre ready

I dont decarb first, im sure lots of folks would disagree but it works great for me eliminating one step. Yes, ive decarb too and couldn't tell a difference.

* i save the first cooked batch of bud in the freezer when done and usually get another run out of it

The trim from harvest. The dry/cure buds will work great.
*5 -7 days to dry bud (typically)
*add coconut oil to pan
*Cook about 1 hour 15mins on low heat on the stove top.
* let cool down, remove bud from pan. Pour oil into molds using icecream scoop or ladle.
*stick in fridge until youre ready

I dont decarb first, im sure lots of folks would disagree but it works great for me eliminating one step. Yes, ive decarb too and couldn't tell a difference.

* i save the first cooked batch of bud in the freezer when done and usually get another run out of it
also if i use the coconut oil what is the ratio to oil and bud and u freeze your bud first then cook it on stove top. With this method can u vape the oil?

With this method can u vape the oil?
No, you cannot vape oil- it doesn't vaporize, it instead burns and smokes- and it tastes like $hit.
I did it, so I speak from experience...tastes absolutely horrible...

also if i use the coconut oil what is the ratio to oil and bud and u freeze your bud first then cook it on stove top. With this method can u vape the oil?
Never vape anything that contains coconut oil.

It can cause lipoid pneumonia.

So I looked at your first post again, you're infusing vegetable glycerin and another type of glycerin?
I used a method from @bluter involving an istant pot to infuse vg, and it decarbs in the pot. The infused vg came out of that a dark brown.
When I infuse coconut oil I always decarb it first, and it does tint the oil, also brown just not as dark.

So I looked at your first post again, you're infusing vegetable glycerin and another type of glycerin?
I used a method from @bluter involving an instant pot to infuse vg, and it decarbs in the pot. The infused vg came out of that a dark brown.
When I infuse coconut oil I always decarb it first, and it does tint the oil, also brown just not as dark.

you can do the coconut oil the same as the vg. you don't have to decarb first with the instant pot. if you decarb ahead you are leaving stuff you want on the table. the only thing i do first is melt the coconut oil to a liquid. nothing special.

none of it is for vaping. i'd only do a press or something similar to vape. a lot of our pens here do bho or rso too. most folk do press. i don't have a press at present, but i have a friend who can run a few slugs for me.

my pen blew up ages ago though, and there's way too many other priorities.

you can do the coconut oil the same as the vg. you don't have to decarb first with the instant pot. if you decarb ahead you are leaving stuff you want on the table. the only thing i do first is melt the coconut oil to a liquid. nothing special.

none of it is for vaping. i'd only do a press or something similar to vape. a lot of our pens here do bho or rso too. most folk do press. i don't have a press at present, but i have a friend who can run a few slugs for me.

my pen blew up ages ago though, and there's way too many other priorities.
I use the MB machine for coconut oil. Got one years ago after one too many afternoons using the stove to infuse it.

Howdy, @Deathmedic, and welcome to the forum!

I'm very schooled on alcohol (ethanol) and lipid (oil) extract production. What do you mean, "VG" and "PG"?

PG is Propylene Glycol and VG is Vegetable Glycerin. They are the common components in vape juice.
Oh man, don't make extract from that sh**!! I have two brothers who are absolute experts at making high-quality homemade vape oil. I have all their techniques recorded, but I have never tried to make the stuff. I'm not into vaping oils. I typically always vape my buds, in a Pax 2, rather than smoking – occasionally I will puff.

Anyway, I do know how to make alcohol extract, and lipid (oil) extract. The first can be a base for vape oil, while the second is for THC/CBD oil.

Oh man, don't make extract from that sh**!! I have two brothers who are absolute experts at making high-quality homemade vape oil. I have all their techniques recorded, but I have never tried to make the stuff. I'm not into vaping oils. I typically always vape my buds, in a Pax 2, rather than smoking – occasionally I will puff.

I personally don't. Was just commenting on the abbreviations. I have an Arizer Extreme Q for bags of vapor, although not real portable. Had a DaVinci portable that I gifted away. Any oils I make are from decarbed bud and are then processed through the magical butter machine to make magical coconut oil. That is then used to make capsules or gummies.

Back
Top Bottom