Help with Green Concentrate

You have access to a rosin press?

If not, a cheap hair-straightener from ChinaMart will work - for very small batches, like a gram or two of bud at a time - until you break the handle from standing on it, lol. Or... so I have read ;) .

The trim from harvest. The dry/cure buds will work great.
*5 -7 days to dry bud (typically)
*add coconut oil to pan
*Cook about 1 hour 15mins on low heat on the stove top.
* let cool down, remove bud from pan. Pour oil into molds using icecream scoop or ladle.
*stick in fridge until youre ready

I dont decarb first, im sure lots of folks would disagree but it works great for me eliminating one step. Yes, ive decarb too and couldn't tell a difference.

* i save the first cooked batch of bud in the freezer when done and usually get another run out of it

You don't add lecithin in order to increase the bioavailability of the cannabinoids?

The trim from harvest. The dry/cure buds will work great.
*5 -7 days to dry bud (typically)
*add coconut oil to pan
*Cook about 1 hour 15mins on low heat on the stove top.
Yes, coconut is a good oil for this – the high saturated fat makes it more heat stable. A lot of people are using MCT coconut oil, which is liquid at room temp. Olive oil is pretty good, too, and has the advantage of being resistant to rancidity.

Crush up the bud material first, or possibly use a food processor. Then add it to the oil.

In my paradigm, you should not heat the oil above 220°, which is the decarb temp for THC. 45 min. should be sufficient. If you are going for CBD, use 240°. Anything above that and you are destroying the terpene beta-caryophyllene. That's my understanding. So, without a specific kind of temperature controlled cooker, one thing you can do is use a double boiler and add salt to the water of the double boiler to raise the boiling temp from 212 to 220°. I think that's doable, but don't know how much salt. It's also good to stir the mixture.

A good way to keep an eye on the temperature of the extract-in-progress is using an infrared thermometer gun ($25).

Another method is to use a portable induction cooktop or a digital hotplate with magnetic stirrer.

* let cool down, remove bud from pan. Pour oil into molds using icecream scoop or ladle.
also, filter through a coffee filter while the mixture is hot. that should work.

*stick in fridge until youre ready

I dont decarb first, im sure lots of folks would disagree but it works great for me eliminating one step. Yes, ive decarb too and couldn't tell a difference.
yes, totally fine to decarb in the lipid extraction step above.

Been a while since I used one, but I think a pressure canner with a weighed gauge is 240°F at 10 PSI. I don't recall any other temperatures, but there might be one for 220°F?

Been a while since I used one, but I think a pressure canner with a weighed gauge is 240°F at 10 PSI. I don't recall any other temperatures, but there might be one for 220°F?
You are on the right track there, but I'm not going to say more than that... trade secrets
;)
Once one understands this completely, one can make high-quality, full spectrum, decarbed cannabis oil.

For high-potency extract, alcohol extraction is the way to go, using organic, pure ethanol (grain, grape, etc.) This can be done at lower-than-decarb temps, if you are wanting the precursor, acid forms of the cannabinoids. Alcohol extraction is trickier than lipid extraction, so... lots to learn here if you're going that route.

What I'm talking about here are relatively inexpensive methods/equipment.

For high-potency extract, alcohol extraction is the way to go

Personally, I'd prefer butane (or propane, if I wanted to extract more terpenes). As a cannabis-extraction solvent, alcohol is somewhat more... indiscriminate. To each his, her, or its own, I suppose.

Personally, I'd prefer butane (or propane, if I wanted to extract more terpenes). As a cannabis-extraction solvent, alcohol is somewhat more... indiscriminate. To each his, her, or its own, I suppose.

a vacuum extraction with ether used to to knock it down the most potent. that's where the liquid cherry and honey oils came from. it's an involved and dangerous process. easy to understand how bho got popular.

rso and bho is the cheap cousin. we used to call it weed oil here. it was mostly made from the trim etc. bho is essentially shatter.

nowadays i think a rosin press is the best. just heat and pressure. no solvents needed.

it's an involved and dangerous process.

I won't argue that. But, to me, it's less dangerous than keeping a large, half-wild, older dog that's in a lot of pain for some reason (toothache?) as a pet. I mean... Highly flammable substance, that you must keep away from all possible ignition sources - versus a dog that might come up and lick your hand one day, but attack you the next.

I was married for a while, lol, so I know how dangerous highly unpredictable things that will go for your throat without even the slightest provocation (by you) are.

Back
Top Bottom