Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I assure you no one sprayed anything on that weed, in fact I grew it myself. The fact is some people are more prone to visuals than others, back in the day we called them eyelid cartoons. Close your eyes and patterns and collages of images appeared, I spent many a night watching these in rapt fascination. Once after ingesting a heroic dose of bud in a sandwich I saw an elf come out of the tv on a chopped motorcycle; he drove in through my head with a whoosh whoosh whoosh sound. So yeah for some people hallucinatory effects do happen.
The weed that made everything look like a mosaic!
My buddy and I have been trying to figure out what it was for years!
It was all over Hamilton in the 90s, but nobody ever mentioned strains.

It was all over Hamilton in the 90s, but nobody ever mentioned strains.

a strain from 1975 wouldn't have made it to the 90's.
there's no bigger hallucination than the myth of the weed that would.

a strain from 1975 wouldn't have made it to the 90's.
there's no bigger hallucination than the myth of the weed that would.
Wasn't trying to say it would, especially from NS. My comment was more about the effect of the weed. Whatever was being grown here in the 90's had that effect.

that's what i'm questioning. i moved loads of the stuff in the 90's selling in to tourist centers. there really wasn't anything i didn't handle. anyone with any tolerance would never have experienced that. chemically it can't happen either. the compounds just don't occur.

the heaviest stuff i ever handled was a strain for end of life cancer patients. it would debilitate you to the point you were unable to break the couch lock. but you stayed in reality for the most.

that's what i'm questioning. i moved loads of the stuff in the 90's selling in to tourist centers. there really wasn't anything i didn't handle. anyone with any tolerance would never have experienced that. chemically it can't happen either. the compounds just don't occur.

the heaviest stuff i ever handled was a strain for end of life cancer patients. it would debilitate you to the point you were unable to break the couch lock. but you stayed in reality for the most.
I can only tell you what my friends and myself got from it. We didn't get full on hallucinatory effects from it, but it did cause visual distortion.
As to whether or not that's chemically possible I did see visual distortion listed as an effect of THCV at high levels. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

Edit: Haven't been able to find the original thing I read, but I found this and this. The second link seems to be a little more academic.

I assure you no one sprayed anything on that weed, in fact I grew it myself. The fact is some people are more prone to visuals than others, back in the day we called them eyelid cartoons. Close your eyes and patterns and collages of images appeared, I spent many a night watching these in rapt fascination. Once after ingesting a heroic dose of bud in a sandwich I saw an elf come out of the tv on a chopped motorcycle; he drove in through my head with a whoosh whoosh whoosh sound. So yeah for some people hallucinatory effects do happen.
Just for the record: the elf drove "it through my head" and the seeds were from a Colombian landrace of some sort, the year was 1975. It was grown outdoors in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.

Just for the record: the elf drove "it through my head" and the seeds were from a Colombian landrace of some sort, the year was 1975. It was grown outdoors in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.

it's completely not the right climate for that strain at all. plus 1975 ? common strains today are all much much higher in thc. there was a lot more land race varieties back then. i'm not saying it didn't happen. it would take a massive imagination to get there.

As to whether or not that's chemically possible I did see visual distortion listed as an effect of THCV at high levels. I'll see if I can find where I read that.

you can get what was called flashes. a slight discolor or light distortion on the visual periphery. there are a few strains it is associated with, and they are all loaded in thcv.

You're correct Bluter it was not the right strain for that climate, but remember this was in 1975 and we were growing from any seed we could get, nevertheless if you smoked or ate enough you would catch a great buzz. I tried to find out anything I could about possible origins of that weed seed and It probably was Punta Rojo, due to its fast growth and the stickiness of resin on the joint, it really did get dark as a cockroach, hence the name. Anyway, if you ever watch Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle there's a scene in the movie after they get ripped where the hallucinations start happening, that is as close to what happens to me and what I experience as Ive ever seen in any cannabis movie. Perhaps I'm just lucky and my mind is looking for visuals, but the funny thing is I don't find mushrooms or acid to be like that, just cannabis.

The other observation I have is cannabis has changed A Lot! After spending two years in Africa in 1980-1982 I came back to Canada and noticed the difference. The addition of indica genes to make for a faster growing and more powerful plant took much of the speedy psychedelic nature of pure sativas away. And that is regrettable, its just not the same. And as for mythologizing about the good old days and those lost landraces from yesteryear I can say this, in my 63 years on this planet Ive been blessed with an excellent long term memory, I dont lie about what Ive witnessed, (not that I care what anyone thinks) and others who who say in their own way similar things about weed back then confirm it, believe them, they're not lying to you, so use it as an opportunity to learn from them and then draw your own conclusions. You'll gain major insights.

Hi folks, I use the cannabis while jumping and riding a dirt bike.
Good afternoon my friend. Welcome to 420magazine.
It looks like your promoting your school without being a sponsor.
This is forbidden.
You can remove that link.
Then we can chat about the pros and cons of riding high.
Hope everything works out.

Stay safe
Bill

Good afternoon my friend. Welcome to 420magazine.
It looks like your promoting your school without being a sponsor.
This is forbidden.
You can remove that link.
Then we can chat about the pros and cons of riding high.
Hope everything works out.

Stay safe
Bill
I agree, Bill, on both subjects. Riding high seems like a death-wish, and this is NOT the proper forum for it. If you want to grow some sweet weed, Dirk.... This is the place.... And always....always.... listen to Bill...
Stay safe....:cool:

You don't have to know to much to jump, it's sticking the landing that counts. Just pretend your still on the ground and giver! LOL! I border woodland, The wife and I take the wheeler for a spin often or I go on a trail bike and catching a buzz is a part of the well being. I figure I'm way safer than the local mx track.:)

in my 63 years on this planet Ive been blessed with an excellent long term memory, I dont lie about what Ive witnessed, (not that I care what anyone thinks) and others who who say in their own way similar things about weed back then confirm it, believe them, they're not lying to you, so use it as an opportunity to learn from them and then draw your own conclusions. You'll gain major insights.

i started smoking in 76. i started growing in 78 with the help of some older cousins. there's loads of experience here.

i started smoking in 76. i started growing in 78 with the help of some older cousins. there's loads of experience here.
Pretty sure it was 76 for me too.
Found my dad's stash.
Took me an hour to figure out his little rolling machine.
Omg you should have seen that first joint. :rofl:
Hope your good bluter.:ciao:

Stay safe
Bill

I started smokin in high school. So that would make it 71 or 72. 19 that is

So i win

But i did not start growing till 15. 20 that is

So i lose

Darn

Back
Top Bottom