Canadian Growers Group & Friends

‘ps no where in the instructions do they tell you to remove the blade covers’

this literally made me spew coffee this morning . Haha. Sending all good vibes :ganjamon:

no where in the instructions do they tell you to remove the blade covers

ha, indeed

that trimmer looks near the same as the one i used,,

no hints on blade covers but there was instructions about which blade to use. the one i used had two blades,, one for dry trimming, and one for wet trimming.

the wet blade was smooth and the dry blade was serrated.

one thing about the trimmer,, i borrowed the one i used, so i was a bit anal about cleaning it,, i wet trimmed,, and it took forever to clean up good,, but did clean up . the only piece i could not clean was the black paddle thingies,, next time perhaps

have a swell weekend friends,, snowing in kelowna today

My rh was 99% at night with vents closed.
A fact I ignored.
When I found the first sign of bud rot I should have started harvesting on the spot.
But I sprayed with Sierra Natural Science, then a few days later with citric acid.
These probably just aggravated the situation.
Adding moisture.
By then it was in the center of every big cola.
If I chopped right away I'd have 8 pounds instead of 4.
All the big colas were garbage.
The top of most got hit while I was screwing around with sprays I could have been chopping. Therefore I take full responsibility for the issue.
My first greenhouse and my first time battling bud rot.
I'll be prepared next fall.
Big @VIVOSUN dehumidifier will be running the show. :thumb:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Grow and learn .. is a process eh... Canadian tire sells lots of dehumidifiers as well .. better deals im sure..
lets see some pics of green house operations ?
wish i had a big ass green house..

i had babies..

ha, indeed

that trimmer looks near the same as the one i used,,

no hints on blade covers but there was instructions about which blade to use. the one i used had two blades,, one for dry trimming, and one for wet trimming.

the wet blade was smooth and the dry blade was serrated.

one thing about the trimmer,, i borrowed the one i used, so i was a bit anal about cleaning it,, i wet trimmed,, and it took forever to clean up good,, but did clean up . the only piece i could not clean was the black paddle thingies,, next time perhaps

have a swell weekend friends,, snowing in kelowna today

the smooth blade came installed on trim worked awesum cutting buds down to nothing if u like.. lol watch dont spin to much .. im guess the smooth is for dry and the serrated blade is for wet ? my guess..

not sure if i want to wet trim i think maybe better to hang and dry less big fan leaves..

cheers

the smooth blade came installed on trim worked awesum cutting buds down to nothing if u like.. lol watch dont spin to much .. im guess the smooth is for dry and the serrated blade is for wet ? my guess..

not sure if i want to wet trim i think maybe better to hang and dry less big fan leaves..

cheers
Serrated for dry trim, straight for wet.
I found it works best on buds that aren't quite dry.

Serrated for dry trim, straight for wet.
I found it works best on buds that aren't quite dry.

wow .. i used the wrong blade is that why the buds are chopped down to nothing ? or did i spin to much

wow .. i used the wrong blade is that why the buds are chopped down to nothing ? or did i spin to much
Maybe both, and too dry?
I tried it on dried buds and got pretty much the same result you did.
Perfect for decarbing before infusions.

Maybe both, and too dry?
I tried it on dried buds and got pretty much the same result you did.
Perfect for decarbing before infusions.
With the mostly dry buds and the dry trim blade I spun it 10 full rotations of the handle and then checked to see if it needed more.
Usually it didn't.

With the mostly dry buds and the dry trim blade I spun it 10 full rotations of the handle and then checked to see if it needed more.
Usually it didn't.
how fast do you spin the handle really fast ten times or at half pace..

i got no instructions how to change the blade?

Grow and learn .. is a process eh... Canadian tire sells lots of dehumidifiers as well .. better deals im sure..
lets see some pics of green house operations ?
wish i had a big ass green house..

i had babies..

You saw it already right?

PSX_20221031_125839.jpg

PSX_20221013_074822.jpg

PSX_20221012_073145.jpg

PSX_20221117_123516.jpg

PSX_20221011_075228.jpg

PSX_20221010_075733.jpg

PSX_20221117_123731.jpg

PSX_20221117_123601.jpg

PSX_20221109_101929.jpg

PSX_20221006_073121.jpg

:420:

how fast do you spin the handle really fast ten times or at half pace..

I go with about one rotation every 2 seconds, so not fast.
I think there are videos on how to do it.
I haven't had to yet.

if the same as the one i used,, under the bbq screen, a wing nut holds the blade on. undo nut, replace blade, replace nut. done

one note,, the blade attachment area also holds a cpl of spacers,, these spacers can be adjusted to raise or lower the blade a touch to give an even finer shave to the buds. it really does make a difference in the cut

I'm repurposing my green house for an early start for food and flowers. Do you have a dirt floor Bill? A graded floor with a heavy vapor barrier and gravel really help with mold and fungus plus the other stuff. I have to adjust to the new avatar. :)
My first greenhouse so I didn't think ahead about the floor.
I will probably use indoor outdoor carpet this spring.
But piping with water heating in the floor is in the future for sure. :thumb:
And a huge dehumidifier.
I understand about the mold.
Thanks. :thanks:
:passitleft:

#Love What You Grow #VIVOSUN

You saw it already right?

PSX_20221031_125839.jpg

PSX_20221013_074822.jpg

PSX_20221012_073145.jpg

PSX_20221117_123516.jpg

PSX_20221011_075228.jpg

PSX_20221010_075733.jpg

PSX_20221117_123731.jpg

PSX_20221117_123601.jpg

PSX_20221109_101929.jpg

PSX_20221006_073121.jpg

holy cow thats like a green house mansion in the woods wow .. you could grow 50 lbs a yr in there maybe ..

and you didnt open the vents and you made a jungle in there ..

the sisters at the convent had a kick ass green house but they didnt want the marijuana

holy cow thats like a green house mansion in the woods wow .. you could grow 50 lbs a yr in there maybe ..

and you didnt open the vents and you made a jungle in there ..

the sisters at the convent had a kick ass green house but they didnt want the marijuana
At night I turned the heat on.
Fall was cold here.
So I closed the vents at night.
It hit the dew point every night. 100 % rh.
It was raining inside in the morning.
Can't believe you didn't see that grow this summer.
25 girls all sponsored with lighting and natural sun.
Was brilliant.

PSX_20221008_191815.jpg

PSX_20221008_082525.jpg

PSX_20221008_090557.jpg

PSX_20221114_171828.jpg

PSX_20221117_124903.jpg

PSX_20221007_195254.jpg

PSX_20221009_055337.jpg

PSX_20221006_194912.jpg

PSX_20221117_123825.jpg

PSX_20221009_061423.jpg

Cold here this morning yay! Got to split wood today. Way easier when the frost gets in it. I always had a plan on combining the shed and greenhouse into one hybrid unit. Dought I'll ever get it done but a killer of an idea! Apple Betty is suppose to be a heavy hitter, good stuff. I'm waiting on a cut of Pink Lemonade, stuff let's the dog take me for a walk instead.:lot-o-toke:

Cold here this morning yay! Got to split wood today. Way easier when the frost gets in it. I always had a plan on combining the shed and greenhouse into one hybrid unit. Dought I'll ever get it done but a killer of an idea! Apple Betty is suppose to be a heavy hitter, good stuff. I'm waiting on a cut of Pink Lemonade, stuff let's the dog take me for a walk instead.:lot-o-toke:
Great combo idea.
I'd just like a good sturdy greenhouse.
Nothing wrong with what I made.
But going forward I'd like a permanent solid structure.
Eventually, one project at a time. ;)
Dog walk me.:rofl:
Take care.

Back
Top Bottom